Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 01:50 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times

Advertisements

I don't know what kind of people can come up with something like this to argue about. In my mind, there is no question as to and infant passing into Gods Light. A child is the most precious and innocent of beings. To even think that God could ...discard a child just sounds like someone is out to Christian bash and is looking for a venue to spew some hateful stuff at people of Faith. Some 'topics' just leave me wondering ya know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 01:53 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Do you have a baby that died
Yes.

Quote:
and went to heaven?
No, it went where every other dead person goes. Hint: nonexistence

Quote:
If you can't answer that question, then you can't answer the OP's question, either. Honestly--how do people come up with this stuff?
Logic.

Old 11-10-2009, 02:30 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Yes.

No, it went where every other dead person goes. Hint: nonexistence

Logic.
Wow. Not much anyone can do with that............

Old 11-10-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Wow. Not much anyone can do with that............
Don't get the idea that I feel nothing for a lost child; I do. But I don't believe in any sort of afterlife, and that includes for babies.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:18 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,257,899 times
Quote:
No, it went where every other dead person goes. Hint: nonexistence>>>MC
True, ceases to exist.

Yet, the life that existed, by the mere fact of physical birth, gave the child's spirit "individuality", and that no longer exists, gives that individual life eternal.

An addition to: the universal existence in Gods kingdom.

Ref: Luk 18:16 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

Implying, that the kingdom of God are souls not tainted with the likes of the fleshly lusts.

Babies, young children who died early had not the time gain respect for the lusts of the world to their own condemnation.

Blessings, AJ

Old 11-11-2009, 01:38 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,163,071 times
Quote:
Don't get the idea that I feel nothing for a lost child; I do. But I don't believe in any sort of afterlife, and that includes for babies.
You don't have to believe it...

But it's true.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post
True, ceases to exist.

Yet, the life that existed, by the mere fact of physical birth, gave the child's spirit "individuality", and that no longer exists, gives that individual life eternal.

An addition to: the universal existence in Gods kingdom.
Well, you go ahead and think that. There is absolutely not one shred of evidence for the existence of a soul or that human individuality continues beyond death. Physiologically and biologically speaking, it's improbable enough that it's pretty crazy to think there is any life after death.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
You don't have to believe it...

But it's true.
You don't have to disbelieve, but it's false.

Old 11-12-2009, 05:21 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,561,880 times
Quote:
In one way that saddens me, but in another way I admire it. I think some would switch in that situation to something they find more "comforting." (This can go the opposite way too, people losing faith after tragedy) I think there's a certain strength and integrity in not doing so.

At one time I thought I had a similar kind of integrity, if for a different line of thought, but nowadays I don't know. I'm not even sure such an integrity is good, but a part of me can relate to and admire it. Hope this isn't too offensive.

Old 11-12-2009, 05:27 AM

3 posts, read 2,373 times
Default Depend

Do all babies go to heaven, this is not a question that a person wouldhave to think about. Of course all babies go to heaven. but do homosexual babies go to heaven? This would make christian gay basher's minds puzzle a little more. For god loves all babies even the gay ones, so doesn't that mean that gays can too go to heaven?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality