Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 12:38 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,636,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
I still hold to the "Bible" commentators views whom you quoted as biblically, linguistically, ignorant. I gave my biblical reason for that, because the idea they espoused "that the sons of Seth could be the sons of God" is total ignorance -or it may be purposeful willful deception- of the original language used in the passage.

Forgive my error. I had no idea you have more expertise than the commentators. I have been shamed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 12:54 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,456,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Forgive my error. I had no idea you have more expertise than the commentators. I have been shamed.
Shame on you indeed for mocking what the Bible itself states, not I, and for trying to justify your own self with biblically illiterate commentators.

Your commentators are disingenuous in their comment on that passage, as anyone with half a brain can surely read the original language and see that they err greatly.

Seth has no place for inclusion as the "father of gods" who married daughters/females born in and of "Adam". Seth himself is a seed of Adam, and a male. The "daughters Adam" who were taken in marriage by "sons God" were exactly what the Word of God states, "angels" -as in Jude, Enoch, Jubilees, Jasher, and the DSS.
There is just no reason for such biblical ignorance as trying to make Seth a God whose "ben" married "bath Adam".

What does Genesis 6 state? -It isn't a secret nor is it hidden from anyone, as it is plainly stated for all to view.

Old 01-11-2010, 01:48 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,636,292 times
Quote:
Shame on you indeed for mocking what the Bible itself states, not I, and for trying to justify your own self with biblically illiterate commentators.

Your commentators are disingenuous in their comment on that passage, as anyone with half a brain can surely read the original language and see that they err greatly.
See there? Evidently you are able to read the original language. I presume that to mean you're fluent with Hebrew. So how is it mocking if I had no idea you are more highly skilled with the language than the commentators are?

The point I previously made, which you seem to belittle and scorn, is that sometimes there's more than one way to interpret things. The reason I say that is because I know that's true from my own personal experience with language translation. I did begin, years ago, to try to learn Hebrew, but it was pretty difficult so I gave up on it. However, I do know Thai language very well, and I do understand that there can be other factors in translating a language than just word for word. There's no relationship between Thai and Hebrew, but it's just to let you know that I do have some understanding about what can be involved when making a translation from one language into another. Even at that, there's still a lot I don't know. I also know that certain words and expressions can sometimes mean more than one thing. As such, I stand on my opinion that the commentator's view is as valid as yours is, unless of course your expertise with the Hebrew language is greater than theirs.

Are you fluent with the Hebrew language that you can determine your understanding is highly skilled enough to completely accurate?

Old 01-11-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
See there? Evidently you are able to read the original language. ?
Even you can access the Bible with concordance. It's free.
The Hebrew states that
sons of God -ben elohym
married/took -laqach
bath Adam -daughters Adam
had relations with them and got offspring from them, who were giants in the earth before the flood, and also after.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:23 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,434,090 times
Quote:
You'll have to go back to the beginning of my own posting history here to see the evidence of what I say. Otherwise, I am fascinated that the ones stating "you're now on my ignore list" still come back and read what I post, and then, again, say I am on their ignore list.
Interesting, to say the least. Telling, to say the most.
Well you will never be on my ignore list.....Your posts provide some of my most enjoyable free reading......do you find that interesting or telling?

Old 01-12-2010, 08:46 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeThinkerInTex View Post
Has anyone ever wondered or thought some among us are descendents of the falling angels. It has got to be true, some of us have to be carrying the blood(DNA) of the nephilim. The nephilim lived on after the flood of Noah. I wonder what percentage of humanity continues to posess this ancient biological secret? And does it correlate with blue eyes?
The verse, of course, is Genesis 6:4 "The Nephilim were in the earth in those days, and also after that, when the sons of God came unto the daughters of men, and they bore children to them; the same were the mighty men that were of old, the men of renown."

It comes down to what you believe: was Genesis a tale containing moral lessons, or literal history? If the latter, then of course there should be human beings in the world today whose DNA contains something from the Nephilim.

My question to you is this--suppose just for a moment that the Nephilim actually did exist and interbred with humans. How would we know this, since we haven't got anything to which we could compare differences in DNA? (Only someone like an Erich von Daniken would take a variation and automatically conclude that "proof" of the existence of Nephilim is right there in front of our faces).

Old 01-12-2010, 11:38 AM

508 posts, read 1,107,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeThinkerInTex View Post
Has anyone ever wondered or thought some among us are descendents of the falling angels. It has got to be true, some of us have to be carrying the blood(DNA) of the nephilim. The nephilim lived on after the flood of Noah. I wonder what percentage of humanity continues to posess this ancient biological secret? And does it correlate with blue eyes?

You've got to be kidding right????

Old 01-12-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaraZoteBuccaneer View Post

You've got to be kidding right????
He is serious about real history, which, if you researched, you would know that Goliath and his brothers were nephillim. David ended the occupation of Canaan by nephillim, but they still existed in the world, outside Canaan, and historical accounts from many nations are filled with the stories of them and their doings, and of wars with them, esp the wars with Rome.
Rome's armies were defeated by them several times, and they even burned Rome once, before Rome finally honed their armies razor sharp and defeated the giants; but the giants were not annihilated. One of them Maximas Thrace [and reportedly two more of them], later became Emperor of Rome. At 8'6" he was a bit smaller than Goliath, and Goliath was a lot smaller than his own giant ancestors, who were so tall that the Israelite spies sent to spy out their land said the spies were "like grasshoppers in the sight of the anakim [giants descended from Anak], and vice-versa".

Inormation on Maximas Thrace is on this link, taken from ancient historians' works:Genesis 6 GIANTS (http://www.stevequayle.com/Giants/index2.html - broken link)
Quote:
[SIZE=2]Another Roman his-torian, Julius Capitolinus, describes his hands as so large that he used the bracelet of his wife, Caecilia Pauline, for a thumb-ring. The shoes he wore also measured a foot longer than the footwear of other men. Besides the feats of strength already mentioned above, Maximinus reportedly could, with one blow of his fist, knock out a horse's teeth. On occasion he also demonstrated he could outpull a chariot team. Capitolinus says that he daily ate forty pounds of meat and usually drank six gallons of wine.[/SIZE]
The next page finishes the story of Maximas the violent, murderous, vicious Roman emperor, as reported by historians of the time: Genesis 6 GIANTS (http://www.stevequayle.com/Giants/index2.html - broken link)
Quote:
[SIZE=2]When he heard of his removal from power, writes Ivar Lissner, Maximinus "behaved like a huge, tormented bear. Convulsed with rage, he dashed himself against walls, threw himself on the ground, bellowed, lashed out at his servants, tried to claw his son's eyes out, and finally drank himself into a stupor[/SIZE]

Old 01-12-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Well you will never be on my ignore list.....Your posts provide some of my most enjoyable free reading......do you find that interesting or telling?
Well, it would be sad if you only read what I post, and stopped there, but if you would go read the books I reference then you would have a lot more to pique your interest and spice up your conversations, because I only touch on the information available, from the ancient writings which I cite.

Old 01-12-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
The verse, of course, is Genesis 6:4 "The Nephilim were in the earth in those days, and also after that, when the sons of God came unto the daughters of men, and they bore children to them; the same were the mighty men that were of old, the men of renown."

It comes down to what you believe: was Genesis a tale containing moral lessons, or literal history? If the latter, then of course there should be human beings in the world today whose DNA contains something from the Nephilim.

My question to you is this--suppose just for a moment that the Nephilim actually did exist and interbred with humans. How would we know this, since we haven't got anything to which we could compare differences in DNA? (Only someone like an Erich von Daniken would take a variation and automatically conclude that "proof" of the existence of Nephilim is right there in front of our faces).
They got DNA from the Adam flesh wives, to build the bodies for their evil, fallen, rebel spirits to multiply themselves in, and the DNA then, would be "of Adam flesh". It is the spirit and soul of them that is not of the Adam spirit, and not being an Adam seed, they cannot be an Adam person/soul.
See?
Quote:
1 Enoch 15... 8 And now, the giants, who are produced from the spirits and flesh, shall be called evil spirits upon 9 the earth, and on the earth shall be their dwelling. Evil spirits have proceeded from their bodies; because they are born from men and from the holy Watchers is their beginning and primal origin; 10 they shall be evil spirits on earth, and evil spirits shall they be called. [As for the spirits of heaven, in heaven shall be their dwelling, but as for the spirits of the earth which were born upon the earth, on the earth shall be their dwelling.] And the spirits of the giants afflict, oppress, destroy, attack, do battle, and work destruction on the earth, and cause trouble: they take no food, but nevertheless 12 hunger and thirst, and cause offences. And these spirits shall rise up against the children of men and against the women, because they have proceeded from them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality