Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 10:11 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
They look fake, where did you get the pics?
That's because they are fake. The size alone proves it, because the 'giants' would have been around 9 feet tall, but these guys in the pics are well over 15-20 feet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 12:12 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,455,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That's because they are fake. The size alone proves it, because the 'giants' would have been around 9 feet tall, but these guys in the pics are well over 15-20 feet.
Before the flood, they were as gigantic in size as these fossilized trees were, in comparison to today: The Biggest Out of Place Artifacts Ever? Immense, Stupendous Petrified Trees of the Black Hills, South Dakota ...Page 73

Before the flood, there were monster sizes of everything:
Ooparts & Ancient High Technology--Evidence of Noah's Flood?-Mega Fauna- There Were Giants In Those Days

And after the flood, the Anakim were so large in size that the Israelite spies seemed as grasshoppers in their eyes -and vice-versa.
Num 13:33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, [which come] of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.
Megaliths in Canaan prove that the giants were exceedingly tall and built massive monuments.
http://www.menzel-hilbersdorf.de/bil...k_monolith.jpg

Goliath and his brothers were descended from those same anakim, but smaller in size, but before that, they were an average 25-35 feet, after the flood, in ancient historical writings.

In Jasher, Jacob and his sons [with their armies] were attacked by the Canaanite kings and their armies, and won peace with the remaining alive kings in the first six day war, but they fought with many giants in that six day war against them, killing many.
Book of Jasher 38
Book of Jasher 39

Quote:
And when the sons of Jacob had done smiting the inhabitants of Gaash, they walked about the city to strip all the slain, and coming in the innermost part of the city and farther on they met three very powerful men, and there was no sword in their hand.
And the sons of Jacob came up to the place where they were, and the powerful men ran away, and one of them had taken Zebulun, who he saw was a young lad and of short stature, and with his might dashed him to the ground.
And Jacob ran to him with his sword and Jacob smote him below his loins with the sword, and cut him in two, and the body fell upon Zebulun.
And the second one approached and seized Jacob to fell him to the ground, and Jacob turned to him and shouted to him, whilst Simeon and Levi ran and smote him on the hips with the sword and felled him to the ground.
And the powerful man rose up from the ground with wrath-excited might, and Judah came to him before he had gained his footing, and struck him upon the head with the sword, and his head was split and he died.
And the third powerful man, seeing that his companions were killed, ran from before the sons of Jacob, and the sons of Jacob pursued him in the city; and whilst the powerful man was fleeing he found one of the swords of the inhabitants of the city, and he picked it up and turned to the sons of Jacob and fought them with that sword.
And the powerful man ran to Judah to strike him upon the head with the sword, and there was no shield in the hand of Judah; and whilst he was aiming to strike him, Naphtali hastily took his shield and put it to Judah's head, and the sword of the powerful man hit the shield of Naphtali and Judah escaped the sword
.And Simeon and Levi ran upon the powerful man with their swords and struck at him forcibly with their swords, and the two swords entered the body of the powerful man and divided it in two, length-wise.

And the sons of Jacob smote the three mighty men at that time, together with all the inhabitants of Gaash, and the day was about to decline.
And the sons of Jacob walked about Gaash and took all the spoil of the city, even the little ones and women they did not suffer to live, and the sons of Jacob did unto Gaash as they had done to Sarton and Shiloh.

Book of Jasher 40
...the LORD turned the giants against one another, and-
And the people of Bethchorin fought the whole night, one man with his brother, and the other with his neighbor, and they cried out in every direction upon the castle, and their cry was heard at a distance, and the whole earth shook at their voice, for they were powerful above all the people of the earth.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:34 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,413,393 times
Quote:
It is called the demon seed doctrine. There is not enough info in the Bible to support the theory. The book of Jasher and Enoch are not scripture, so the demon seed theory is not Biblical. It is an interesting idea, just not Biblical.

There is all kinds of reading available in the net if you google "demon seed doctrine"

Fake or true?

Most likely fake.
Certainly faked. They were made for a photoshop contest for a website, Worth1000.com, and stolen off their server by someone who touted them as real.

And either your Google is different than minek, or there is another "gub-mint conspiracy", because the only sites that come up with that google are, shall we say, severely lacking in credibility.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
There is also the matter of the skeletons being much too slender to support the massive body wieght, something YECers refuse to take into account.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:14 PM

125 posts, read 301,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Before the flood, they were as gigantic in size as these fossilized trees were, in comparison to today: The Biggest Out of Place Artifacts Ever? Immense, Stupendous Petrified Trees of the Black Hills, South Dakota ...Page 73

Ooparts & Ancient High Technology--Evidence of Noah's Flood?-Mega Fauna- There Were Giants In Those Days

And after the flood, the Anakim were so large in size that the Israelite spies seemed as grasshoppers in their eyes -and vice-versa.
Num 13:33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, [which come] of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.
Megaliths in Canaan prove that the giants were exceedingly tall and built massive monuments.
http://www.menzel-hilbersdorf.de/bil...k_monolith.jpg

Goliath and his brothers were descended from those same anakim, but smaller in size, but before that, they were an average 25-35 feet, after the flood, in ancient historical writings.

In Jasher, Jacob and his sons [with their armies] were attacked by the Canaanite kings and their armies, and won peace with the remaining alive kings in the first six day war, but they fought with many giants in that six day war against them, killing many.
Book of Jasher 38
Book of Jasher 39

Old 01-07-2010, 04:24 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post

Yes, I believe that too. Dinosaurus and all.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:02 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,635,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeThinkerInTex View Post

The image of Joe Taylor is old news. First of all, the femur displayed is a replica. Secondly, seems to me he received some kind of email from someone who claimed to be at a dig in Turkey. Secondly, neither Joe, nor anyone else has ever seen the actual bone. If that doesn't raise any red flags, I don't know what would. But I guess it doesn't matter much as long as you've printed out your free Omniology Certificate from Joe's Omniology website.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:24 PM

125 posts, read 301,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
The image of Joe Taylor is old news. First of all, the femur displayed is a replica. Secondly, seems to me he received some kind of email from someone who claimed to be at a dig in Turkey. Secondly, neither Joe, nor anyone else has ever seen the actual bone. If that doesn't raise any red flags, I don't know what would. But I guess it doesn't matter much as long as you've printed out your free Omniology Certificate from Joe's Omniology website.
No one is trying to convince you or anybody of anything. This thread is about the nephilim if you don't believe in it great, so be it. If this a competition you win, you are a genius and I am not so there.

I don't know anything about any omniology and I do not appreciate you blantantly attributing that to me.

I just wanted to discuss Genesis 6:4
There were giants in the earth in those days, and also after that,...

with some that wanted to discuss it. I'am a band of one so save your ammunition.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:
No one is trying to convince you or anybody of anything. This thread is about the nephilim if you don't believe in it great, so be it. If this a competition you win, you are a genius and I am not so there.

I don't know anything about any omniology and I do not appreciate you blantantly attributing that to me.

with some that wanted to discuss it. I'am a band of one so save your ammunition.
There have never been giant humaniods on this planet, something you ahve introduced above in the fraud pictured by Taylor.

Giant dinosaurs, certainly. Huge bears, wolves, cats, certainly. But there is simply no fossils evidence even suggesting giant human beings.

Nor can the human frame even support such a massive weight, a simple fact ignored by YECers and other people who think there were giant humans.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:23 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,635,320 times
Quote:

What? You don't have a certificate? LOL! Relax. Lighten up and don't be so overly sensitive. It was just a bit of humor. It wasn't specifically meant to attribute anything to you. It was in reference to that worn out old photo of Joe and his Giant Human Thigh Bone! You aren't the only one who's dragged the same dusty image out from behind the couch. Maybe you should do a little homework first before you post such things, which you seem to feel is the real deal. Sorry, but it's just a plaster cast from a mould that Joe made based solely on what he claims was told to him in a letter or email.

You posted it, and since you wanted to discuss it, I was more than happy to do just that. If you feel you're a "band of one", then you haven't bothered reading through this thread very much. There are a handful of others who lean toward notions that are far more weird than Joe's plaster 47.24 inch Human Femur. Joe's museum is similar to one of those traveling carnival freakshows. "Step right over here ladies and gentlemen and be amazed at some of the strangest wonders your eyes have never before seen! Incredible things from around the world! It's not for the weak-minded or for the faint of heart! Every exhibit is authentic. See the amazing half-woman/half-spider found deep in the jungles of the Amazon! You're in luck because it's almost feeding time for her. See genuine mermaids from the South Pacific! See the 15-foot tall giant king of Persia! Yep, they're all in here and they're right behind the entrance over there. So hurry over here and get your tickets right now!"

Feel better now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality