Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 04:21 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,682,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
Right, the old "if you can't say something nice about somebody tell them they have great teeth" ploy...
Well, I've got to tell you that Marie Osmond it is looking pretty good for a whashashe since she lost all that extra weight.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 04:51 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,381,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Well, I've got to tell you that Marie Osmond it is looking pretty good for a whashashe since she lost all that extra weight.....
I'll overlook that "for a whashashe" bit if you'll at least acknowledge that she really does have pretty teeth, even if they're white.

Old 12-01-2009, 06:48 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,682,465 times
Quote:
I'll overlook that "for a whashashe" bit if you'll at least acknowledge that she really does have pretty teeth, even if they're white.
Okay....

Old 12-01-2009, 09:43 PM

12,406 posts, read 19,012,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
Lots of luck with that. As long as it's legal to brainwash infants and small children folks will continue to speak to the invisible man in the sky. I've decided to stay away from their gatherings and one can only hope that our laws will keep them from displaying their BS in public places.

I'm seventy five years old and I've seen and heard enough of it.
I think it's a good thing to meet regularly and to discuss values and ethics with others. It is also a good thing to have kids socialized and learn the 'rights and wrongs' that they do not address in schools at times.

Fellowship with others who sincerely wish to be better people in a better world is important, in my book.

There are groups which are not religious oriented, some are atheist, which famlies can go to once a week for such communion.

The one which I am most familiar with is the Ethical Culture Society (I think that's it) which meet all over the country.

Keep in mind that there are a lot of people who attend church for socialization, which is sometimes the only form of entertainment and community in some areas. They are not all believers, but pretend just to get along and have friends.

Old 12-01-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
I'm not aware of any laws that require parents to teach their children about God. So, godless atheist parents who are devout in their disbelief would also logically qualify for your infant and small children brainwashing charge .

You've obviously lost your faith in organized religion Melvin, even in God and Jesus Christ. Sad in my opinion, but I'm curious to know if at your advanced age you have also adopted the atheist hope that there is no life/consciousness/awareness after the death of the physical body? Is that the hope that you cling to now that you've rejected your Redeemer and Heavenly Parent?
You must realize that most atheists came from religious families. There are many people who are non-religious who are better people than those in the churches. Religious people don't practice what they preach. They are mostly hypocrites. Mother Theresa, who most of us, religious and atheist alike, venerate, doubted the existence of God. If there were a god I imagine life would be much different than it now is for most of the world's population.

Old 12-01-2009, 09:53 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,217,463 times
The christian god of hatred is solidly entrenched in America.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:
I'm not aware of any laws that require parents to teach their children about God. So, godless atheist parents who are devout in their disbelief would also logically qualify for your infant and small children brainwashing charge .

You've obviously lost your faith in organized religion Melvin, even in God and Jesus Christ. Sad in my opinion, but I'm curious to know if at your advanced age you have also adopted the atheist hope that there is no life/consciousness/awareness after the death of the physical body? Is that the hope that you cling to now that you've rejected your Redeemer and Heavenly Parent?
Most people go through life trusting their own senses. They find no need to escape the problems and joys of this life through imaginary friends. If there is a god or heaven after our demise, we'll deal with it. If there is a god who requires something of us we will experience that request directly. There is no need to rely on a book written by primitive tribes or their twisted concept of god.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Right. I never did believe there was a real Little Bo-Peep or Jack and the Beanstalk. But I've always known that there is a God.

It's sad in my opinion that a few people apparently really do think all they've got is this brief time in mortality and then everything they were and have become and everyone they've ever known just gets snuffed out as if they'd never even lived at all. Seems so irrational to me...
Sensing there is a deity in no way tells us that any religion is correct in their interpretation of it.
I thought there was a Santa once, too.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
The christian god of hatred is solidly entrenched in America.
There may be pretenders who worship idols and political correctness, but REAL Christians, those who follow Jesus Christ, are taught to love and serve one another and to do their best to keep God's commandments as best they can.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Most people go through life trusting their own senses. They find no need to escape the problems and joys of this life through imaginary friends. If there is a god or heaven after our demise, we'll deal with it. If there is a god who requires something of us we will experience that request directly. There is no need to rely on a book written by primitive tribes or their twisted concept of god.
Most Christians put their trust in Jesus Christ, not in some "twisted concept of god" or some book "written by primitive tribes".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality