Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 01:47 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,973,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well your right, anyone could make up a story like that I suppose. Yet, why would a known hardline Atheist who died in a hospital, suddenly come back to life and become a Christian minister of the Gospel? And why would he speak of a detailed account of demon encounters, and being saved from them by Jesus Christ?

Howard Storm and the Afterlife: Atheist Becomes Christian Minister after Time Spent with Jesus

Hmmm...financial gain and attention perhaps? Ask Mike Warnke...he knows.

Cornerstone Magazine: The Mike Warnke series (http://www.cornerstonemag.com/features/iss098/warnke_index.htm - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 01:36 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,997,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Hmmm...financial gain and attention perhaps? Ask Mike Warnke...he knows.

Cornerstone Magazine: The Mike Warnke series (http://www.cornerstonemag.com/features/iss098/warnke_index.htm - broken link)
Well you could be right. I don't know these people personally. And they might all be in it for the money. Yet I myself have had encounters with demons. So I don't have to depend on their accounts. I have had my own encounters that confirm the reality of Hell.

Old 12-30-2009, 01:36 AM

9,929 posts, read 13,966,703 times
Hello friends! I've got no words tonight, just tunes...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0mx5...eature=related

Old 01-08-2010, 02:16 PM

9,929 posts, read 13,966,703 times
C'mon tell us which ring you wound up in!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lhf9U5Wf3Q

Old 01-08-2010, 04:14 PM

76,966 posts, read 47,850,764 times
The "have you ever done this and that" questions don't make sense because the Bible promises that past deeds washed away once you become Christian. And of course if you don't believe in the Bible, then you don't beleive in hell either.

Old 01-08-2010, 04:36 PM

33,635 posts, read 37,303,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The "have you ever done this and that" questions don't make sense because the Bible promises that past deeds washed away once you become Christian. And of course if you don't believe in the Bible, then you don't beleive in hell either.
I guess this must be the reason so many violent criminals in maximum security convert, is it? Quite the system you have there.

Old 01-08-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I guess this must be the reason so many violent criminals in maximum security convert, is it? Quite the system you have there.
It is the reason why anyone 'converts'.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
It is the reason why anyone 'converts'.
So everyone converts out of fear? (Some kind of death insurance?) No thanks, I'm not interested in any club that admits serial killers, rapists etc. Fear is a pretty sad reason for joining anything. Your club is not selective enough for me, and if these criminals are "saved" will I get to hob nob with them in heaven? (That is if it wasn't all just a big myth.) Good reason for one not to aspire to reach heaven...

Old 01-08-2010, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
So everyone converts out of fear? (Some kind of death insurance?) ...
No, we were not talking about fear. Where did you get that idea? We were talking about getting your sins forgiven.

PS I think there will be more serial killers in hell than heaven, so you might want to reconsider if that is your only reason to stay of of heaven.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:00 PM

Quote:
No, we were not talking about fear. Where did you get that idea? We were talking about getting your sins forgiven.

PS I think there will be more serial killers in hell than heaven, so you might want to reconsider if that is your only reason to stay of of heaven.
Yes, the reason violent offenders convert is mainly about fear of hell. Let me ask you where you think these people will end up if they are not as you call it "saved"?
If heaven were real then why does every different religion have a different version of it? As far as I'm concerned the whole after life thing, heaven or hell is nothing more than a simple minded carrot and stick approach to rope people into the biggest scam ever perpetrated on humanity.
It has so many holes in it I'm amazed that anyone at all can possibly believe any of it, no matter which of the thousands of versions they believe....

I can only shake my head at the incredible gullibility of mankind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality