Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2009, 09:03 PM

981 posts, read 810,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
M. Divinity degree from a top seminary (ATS accredited of course) and ordained by a protestant denomination.

I have been told when I consecrate communion I make fantastic Jesus bread and Jesus juice.
Sounds good! You're in!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 09:04 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,328,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post
Oh, well.

On with my usual plans tonight to stone a couple of adulterers - I think I'll start at the nearest Xtian church. There's bound to be a TON of them there. I also planned to raid a few barbershops where they're cutting hair at the temple. Yes, it will be a most eventful evening! I'll do God's work tonight, the popped corn be damned.
You're heaven-bound for sure

Old 12-20-2009, 09:05 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,597,816 times
Quote:
Sounds good! You're in!
Thank you for your confidence. How much oil did you need and what particular type? Olive Oil, Canola (formerly known as rapeseed), Peanut or something else?

Also where should I send it?

Old 12-20-2009, 09:05 PM

76,966 posts, read 47,850,764 times
Quote:
I studied far more than your verses when I attended one of the top seminaries in North America. The most important thing I did learn though was to laugh off the rantings of untrained parrots who can only spout scripture without understanding the context in which it is set and what that mean today.
Trying to insult me won't help you make you points

Old 12-20-2009, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Oh, well.

On with my usual plans tonight to stone a couple of adulterers - I think I'll start at the nearest Xtian church. There's bound to be a TON of them there. I also planned to raid a few barbershops where they're cutting hair at the temple. Yes, it will be a most eventful evening! I'll do God's work tonight, the popped corn be damned.
Not my church, we tend not to condemn, rather we compare and share.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Trying to insult me won't help you make you points
If you were insulted by my comments then clearly I hit a raw nerve. Sucks when it hits close to home doesn't it?

Old 12-20-2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Thank you for your confidence. How much oil did you need and what particular type? Olive Oil, Canola (formerly known as rapeseed), Peanut or something else?

Also where should I send it?
Well, I was just on my way out the door to Hell in a handbasket, so maybe you could ship it there? It's the vacation I've been planning for a while now. My itinerary states that it lasts for "Eternity," whatever that means. I'll have to call my travel agent and get some clarity on that.

Anyway, I'm watchin my glorious figure, so I think the Olive would be the healthiest. A pint should be enough.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Not my church, we tend not to condemn, rather we compare and share.
You will be spared my righteous wrath.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Well, I was just on my way out the door to Hell in a handbasket, so maybe you could ship it there? It's the vacation I've been planning for a while now. My itinerary states that it lasts for "Eternity," whatever that means. I'll have to call my travel agent and get some clarity on that.

Anyway, I'm watchin my glorious figure, so I think the Olive would be the healthiest. A pint should be enough.
Done. I personally don't have the address to Hell but there is a fundamentalist church near my place, I am sure they have it.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:17 PM

76,966 posts, read 47,850,764 times
Quote:
If you were insulted by my comments then clearly I hit a raw nerve. Sucks when it hits close to home doesn't it?
No, I am just saying that trying to call me stupid, or untrained parrot, or whatever term you used, doesn't do anything except prove that you ran out of arguments, and tried to divert away from the subject. If you went to seminar, and still claim that Bible condones homosexuality, then I don't think you were listening at all.

As for your weak argument that the word 'homosexual' didn't exist and therefore the Bible didn't talk about it: what do you think this means:Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. See, you don't need the word, to decribe the act.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality