Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 01:44 PM

981 posts, read 809,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Such people are Christians in name only, or worse - false Christians. Christ is the only way to salvation, and the Bible is his word, so if you don't believe in the Bible, there is no hope for you.

Are you, or are you not a Christian who does not believe in the Bible? If you are an atheist, I understand why you say what you say.
Deary, you make the mistake of thinking and believing I have to justify my spirituality to you. I'm so sorry to inform you that I do not.

Carry on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 01:56 PM

64,089 posts, read 40,382,096 times
Quote:
Such people are Christians in name only, or worse - false Christians. Christ is the only way to salvation, and the Bible is his word, so if you don't believe in the Bible, there is no hope for you.

Are you, or are you not a Christian who does not believe in the Bible? If you are an atheist, I understand why you say what you say.
Not another self-proclaimed judge of Christianity who feels authorized to decide who is or is not Christian based on HIS beliefs about the relevant criteria!! Sheesh!! They seem to be coming out of the woodwork here! God knows who is and is not Christian and needs no help from you,Finn_Jarber. Since there is ONLY ONE God and ONLY ONE Jesus . . . anyone claiming to believe in them must be Christian . . . what else could they be?

Old 12-20-2009, 02:08 PM

4,788 posts, read 5,918,170 times
It's like the trojan horse in reverse. If I were a gay entering that Church, I would feel like I needed to watch my back. I wonder how many members (pardon the pun) would like to date some of the gays in secret ? Plenty, I bet. The sanctimonious hypocrites can't be fully trusted. Long Live Saint Francis, and San Francisco.

Old 12-20-2009, 02:25 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,820,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Not another self-proclaimed judge of Christianity who feels authorized to decide who is or is not Christian based on HIS beliefs about the relevant criteria!! Sheesh!! They seem to be coming out of the woodwork here! God knows who is and is not Christian and needs no help from you,Finn_Jarber. Since there is ONLY ONE God and ONLY ONE Jesus . . . anyone claiming to believe in them must be Christian . . . what else could they be?
So you are also saying you can reject the Bible and still be Christian? Is that what you are trying to say?

According to the Bible you are wrong, but of course if you say you don't believe in the Bible in the first place, then there is nothing to talk about. You don't believe in the Bible, then you can't possibly be a Christian, because it is the story of Christ and Christianity. How could you possibly make an argument that it came from somewhere else? Christians believe in the Bible. Period. What do you believe in? Just curious, what message could he be teaching? Which book does he refer to?

PS How do you know there is only one God if you don't believe in the Bible? The Bible says so, but since you reject it, then why do you think there is only one God? Who told you? Also, what does this gay pastor teach in his 'Christian' Church, if not the word of God, the Bible? Which book does he refer to, if not the Bible? Just curious....

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 12-20-2009 at 02:46 PM..

Old 12-20-2009, 03:22 PM

33,623 posts, read 37,274,218 times
Quote:

Who gave you the authority to judge who is a "true Christian" and who is not? Are you a God?

Old 12-20-2009, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Who gave you the authority to judge who is a "true Christian" and who is not? Are you a God?

OK, here is your chance: tell me of another way to be saved and become a Christian apart from the way the Bible teaches.

I am listening, and so is God.

The floor is yours.

Old 12-20-2009, 03:55 PM

This thread is hilarious.

Old 12-20-2009, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post
This thread is hilarious.
I find it rather sad. So many posters with so many misconceptions about Christianity....

Old 12-20-2009, 04:00 PM

Quote:
I find it rather sad. So many posters with so many misconceptions about Christianity....
Yeah, tell me about it.

Old 12-20-2009, 04:04 PM

64,089 posts, read 40,382,096 times
Quote:
So you are also saying you can reject the Bible and still be Christian? Is that what you are trying to say?
No . . I am saying that I can reject YOUR reading and interpretation of the bible and still be Christian.
Quote:
According to the Bible you are wrong, but of course if you say you don't believe in the Bible in the first place, then there is nothing to talk about. You don't believe in the Bible, then you can't possibly be a Christian, because it is the story of Christ and Christianity. How could you possibly make an argument that it came from somewhere else? Christians believe in the Bible. Period.
Christians believe in Christ, period. Bibleans believe in the bible.
Quote:
What do you believe in? Just curious, what message could he be teaching? Which book does he refer to?
I believe in Jesus and His message of "love God and each other."He refers to the OT to establish His identity as the Messiah of prophesy and His legitimacy. But He also came to lift the veil of ignorance about God that comes from reading the OT and reveal God's TRUE NATURE.1 Corinthians 2:16

For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

2 Corinthians 3:14

But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
Quote:
PS How do you know there is only one God if you don't believe in the Bible? The Bible says so, but since you reject it, then why do you think there is only one God? Who told you?
I explained that the rejection is of YOUR reading and interpretation of the bible . . . not the bible.
Quote:
Also, what does this gay pastor teach in his 'Christian' Church, if not the word of God, the Bible? Which book does he refer to, if not the Bible? Just curious....
Silly question.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 12-20-2009 at 04:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality