Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 10:00 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,800,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
LOL. Speaks volumes. You just don't get it. You're PERFECT for the church.
I do get it. It is so clear in the Bible that there is no room for misunderstandings.

Why do gays want to attend church if they refuse to obey the word of God? It's like a vegetarian going to a steak-house and refusing to eat anything off the menu.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 10:08 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,736,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, the path can be found in the Bible, and it states very clearly that homosexuality is a sin. Either you beleive it, or you don't.

Homosexuality is decribed as "gross immorality".
You completely missed my question. Christ never said any of that and he never ordered adherence to a book that didn't exist.

Old 12-20-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
You completely missed my question. Christ never said any of that and he never ordered adherence to a book that didn't exist.
I answered very clearly by stating that the Bible condemns it in MANY places. Christians do not extract only direct quotes of Jesus from the bible, but all the text in the Bible. ALL books in the Bible are word of God. The authors were inspired by the holy spirit and speaking with Christ's authority. That is what Christians believe, and if you do not accept that, then you don't believe it, and that's that.

Also “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?” (John 5:46-47.)

Apostol Paul : Romans 1:26-27 (King James Version)

26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Old 12-20-2009, 10:39 AM

Quote:
I answered very clearly by stating that the Bible condemns it in MANY places. Christians do not extract only direct quotes of Jesus from the bible, but all the text in the Bible. ALL books in the Bible are word of God. The authors were inspired by the holy spirit and speaking with Christ's authority. That is what Christians believe, and if you do not accept that, then you don't believe it, and that's that.

Also “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?” (John 5:46-47.)

Apostol Paul : Romans 1:26-27 (King James Version)

26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

I will assume that you are a Christian, who follows a book written by others centuries after our savior walked the earth, rather than a follower of Christ.

So, no. You didn't answer my question. Please read it again and get back to me. I've very curious about this. I've never found any myself.

Old 12-20-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I will assume that you are a Christian, who follows a book written by others centuries after our savior walked the earth, rather than a follower of Christ.

So, no. You didn't answer my question. Please read it again and get back to me. I've very curious about this. I've never found any myself.
Your question has been answered. I am a born again Christian, and I do not understand why anyone would insist on going to church while openly rejecting the word of God .

Old 12-20-2009, 10:51 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,347,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
I think Christianity and all sin are compatible. Is that not the fuction of a church, to accept sinners and help them to live more like Christ?...

Even Christians that are "born again" strive to live their lives in the word...Accepting Christ into your life, is not an automatic guaranty that you will never sin again.

Church is for sinners...If you can live your daily life without sin, then you're JCII.
Exactly! You get it. The reason I call Evangelicals the American Taliban is because most Evangelicals are not conducting themselves as Christians. It's their job as Christians to forgive and pray for gays or anyone who feel hasn't conducted themselves as Christians. It's not their job to ban them from church attendance, ostracize and judge them. That's why with Evangelicals, it' less about Christianity and more about culture and mindset. Just like the Taliban uses Islam as a vehicle to initiate its own personal views, the Evangelicals do the same! They use the Bible to justify their personal views rather than basing their personal views on the Bible. There is a difference

Old 12-20-2009, 10:59 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,340,817 times
Quote:
If it was only one reference to homosexuality in the bible, it could be taken out of context, but there are MANY references to it, and there is no room for mistranslation.

Homosexuals can be saved just like any other sinner, but such lifestyle is incompatible with being a Christian. When saved, the lifestyle will have to be abandoned. In other words you can't be both. It is one or the other.
I thought hatred and bigotry were against the teachings of your god-thing.
Please provide the bible quotes that discuss homosexuality.
Not that it matters, but your god-thing, if you believe in it, created homosexuals, too.
I guess, by your understanding, your god-thing must be flawed.

How's it feel to carry the burden of all that hate around with you?

Old 12-20-2009, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Exactly! You get it. The reason I call Evangelicals the American Taliban is because most Evangelicals are not conducting themselves as Christians. It's their job as Christians to forgive and pray for gays or anyone who feel hasn't conducted themselves as Christians. It's not their job to ban them from church attendance, ostracize and judge them. That's why with Evangelicals, it' less about Christianity and more about culture and mindset. Just like the Taliban uses Islam as a vehicle to initiate its own personal views, the Evangelicals do the same! They use the Bible to justify their personal views rather than basing their personal views on the Bible.
No, you don't get it. This here is the problem:

Quote:
Tidd is an outlaw pastor of sorts. His community, less than a year old, is an evangelical Christian church guided both by the Apostle's Creed and the belief that gay people can embrace their sexual orientation as God-given and seek fulfillment in committed same-sex relationships

That view is completely incompatible with being Christian. Like I said gays are welcome to any church if they are truly seeking the Lord and are willing to give their lives to Christ. However, a pastor who says it's OK to be gay and Christian is lying. The pastor can't make it OK, it is up to God to make it OK, but God says it is NOT OK. This pastor does not preach Christianity, but a false religion, and that religion will not lead to Christ.

Old 12-20-2009, 11:05 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,426,369 times
If I were gay, the church would be the last place I'd be [total hypocrisy]. Being a typical teen, church is the last place I want to be [forced to go to mass on christmas eve].

Old 12-20-2009, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Your question has been answered. I am a born again Christian, and I do not understand why anyone would insist on going to church while openly rejecting the word of God .
Then you should make clear that you believe God only speaks through one book.

I think it's important to do so if you are going to make judgments on the love and freedoms of others. Just be clear what the source is - a book that's been reintepreted and rewritten many times.

Perhaps you could call yourself something else, like a Bibleian!

Just make the distinction so as to not confuse the love of Christ with the political subjugation of a free people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality