Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2007, 08:14 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,293,887 times

Advertisements

Kawg, you should be ashamed! You made me have a spasm about that lightening storm! Or made even an apoplectic fit!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2007, 08:15 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,904,842 times
Speaking of irishmom, has anyone seen her today or heard an update on her husband?

I do hope every thing's ok.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Speaking of irishmom, has anyone seen her today or heard an update on her husband?

I think I saw that she had posted very early this morning (some obscene hour like 5:30 or so -that's am!) on the "pink bunny thread" and said she had a busy day. She didn't say what was up but didn't sound like anything was wrong.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:26 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,018,791 times
Quote:
kaykay, bump the turntable, you're skipping!!!
I was thinking the same thing! WHAT HAPPENED!

OK KAYKAY, YOU MADE YOUR POINT CRYSTAL CLEAR! I PROMISE I WON'T SIT OUT IN A M E T A L CHAIR! But I won't promise I won't sit out in a plastic one!

Do I need to post this more than once like kaykay?

Old 09-06-2007, 08:30 PM

Actually, I counted it SEVEN TIMES!

BTW, is it safe for me to go sit out in the lightening storm in a metal chair????

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I literally have TEARS running down my face at the moment, between you and Alpha!

And Irish is probably at the beach knowing her! ;p

Old 09-06-2007, 08:32 PM

Default Seven times?....whoa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
Actually, I counted it SEVEN TIMES!

BTW, is it safe for me to go sit out in the lightening storm in a metal chair????

Whoa, "seven" is kinda considered "God's number" Kawg! I think it actually may not be safe for you to sit out in a lightening storm in a metal chair!

Old 09-06-2007, 08:40 PM

Default Lightening...and thunder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post

But I won't promise I won't sit out in a plastic one!
I saw that phrase you snuck in there!

IT IS ALSO NOT SAFE TO SIT OUT IN A LIGHTENING STORM IN A PLASTIC CHAIR!!:eek:

Let's see if I can make it "hiccup" like that again? I doubt seriously I could do that intentionally in a million years!

Actually, I was laughing about that whole deal and me saying that perhaps the Lord agreed with me!That reminded me of one time we were having a little argument with our son, Aaron, when he was about nine years old about him continuing to take piano lessons. (He, needless to say, wanted to quit and we wanted him to continue since it was his idea to start ...but that's neither here nor there!) Anyway, my husband had told him he needed to continue and he was being stubborn and kept on sayng "no, he wouldn't!" About that time, one of the biggest claps of thunder rolled across our house that you had ever heard! We all laughed and Aaron said something like, "well, okay, I'll do it! I'll do it!"

Old 09-06-2007, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Whoa, "seven" is kinda considered "God's number" Kawg! I think it actually may not be safe for you to sit out in a lightening storm in a metal chair!
At this point, I don't care if I ever see lightening again! It will probably get me through the window some night while I'm doing dishes!

Kind of odd that it posted 7 times isn't it? LOL

Oh my, we have something to have a good laugh about for a while now!

Old 09-06-2007, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
I saw that phrase you snuck in there!

IT IS ALSO NOT SAFE TO SIT OUT IN A LIGHTENING STORM IN A PLASTIC CHAIR!!:eek:
doubt I
Let's see if I can make it "hiccup" like that again? I doubt seriously I could do that intentionally in a million years!

Actually, I was laughing about that whole deal and me saying that perhaps the Lord agree with me!That reminded me of one time we were having a little argument with our son, Aaron, when he was about nine years old about him continuing to take piano lessons. (He, needless to say, wanted to quit and we wanted him to continue since it was his idea to start ...but that's neither here nor there!) Anyway, my husband had told him he needed to continue and he was being stubborn and kept on sayng "no, he wouldn't!" About that time, one of the biggest claps of thunder rolled across our house that you had ever heard! We all laughed and Aaron said something like, "well, okay, I'll do it! I'll do it!"
Here come the tears again!!!! Between your hiccups, my watching lightening in a metal or plastic chair and God talking to your son, I don't think I have ever laughed this MUCH OUT LOUD on this forum!

Old 09-07-2007, 07:20 AM

3,684 posts, read 11,826,489 times
Quote:

Oh thanks for thinking of us. DH is doing fine, he has had a few headaches since the accident but other than that he's been fine. He was quite annoyed when I wouldn't let him drive for 24 hours and because I woke him every 4 hours the night of the accident...but you know those men they want you to baby them and then when you finally do they don't like it so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality