Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2007, 02:36 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,754,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
You have a smart cat?
apparently..I do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 02:47 PM

740 posts, read 2,015,964 times
Default KIDS... people it doesn't get any easier!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Oh that is soooo true! Everytime my husband uses my car I have to search for the keys! Or he is being "helpful" and putting things away an then can't remember where he put them! So aggrivating!
Usually when I have to search for the car keys around my house the car is missing too.. LOL... with three driving kids in the house there is a lot of musical cars. I have been driving a truck for a couple of years. I just got a car last week.. Haven't seen it since I got it because my middle son decided he was going to paint his car. (but of course he had to have a vehicle to get back and forth to work) Now mind you there was nothing wrong with the paint on it, he just found a brighter color of the "come arrest me orange" the car was already, but that he liked better. There are quotations around that because that is what a very nice police officer told him as he was writing him yet another speeding ticket. ..

Old 10-18-2007, 04:08 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,825,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcwife View Post
Usually when I have to search for the car keys around my house the car is missing too.. LOL... with three driving kids in the house there is a lot of musical cars. I have been driving a truck for a couple of years. I just got a car last week.. Haven't seen it since I got it because my middle son decided he was going to paint his car. (but of course he had to have a vehicle to get back and forth to work) Now mind you there was nothing wrong with the paint on it, he just found a brighter color of the "come arrest me orange" the car was already, but that he liked better. There are quotations around that because that is what a very nice police officer told him as he was writing him yet another speeding ticket. ..
I'm so scared of when my guys start driving...my oldest asked me if the car my husband just got will be his first car when he gets his license! He;s only 11 1/2 and he's already thinking about it!

Old 10-18-2007, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
I'm so scared of when my guys start driving...my oldest asked me if the car my husband just got will be his first car when he gets his license! He;s only 11 1/2 and he's already thinking about it!
I have 3 kids.. 20, 19, 16. The 20 year old and the 19 year old have had two wrecks each. 1 serious each(damage wise.. the Lord was watching over their safety) one not so serious each. With my 20 year old, the 16 year old happened to be sitting in the back passagenger seat which happened to be the door that was hit at 45 mph. Last December, on the night before my son's 16th birthday we received a call at about 10 minutes before the 19 year old was due home... (I hate the phone calls while they are out). It was my son saying that he had been in an accident about 4 miles from the house. But he was ok. We rush up taking the almost 16 year old with us. Apparently, he had gotten his back tire off the road, hit a mail box, (taking out the back window) the back of the car started skidding around, hit the driveway folding the tire under the car, shot him to the other side of the road head first into the ditch where he started spinning/flipping on the nose of the car, took out a speed limit sign ($100), took out a 4' section of a telephone pole ($100)and repeter box($4800), punctured the gas tank, flipped 2 more times before coming to rest on the passanger door against a barbed wire fence, facing the oppisite direction. My son walking away with only a tiny scratch... priceless!!! Anyway... My youngest turned 16 at the crash site. For some reason he has had no desire to get his licence... and really...honestly.. I have had no desire to push him to get it.

I'm telling ya... under the blonde hair color... it's all gray... every bit of it!! What I haven't pulled out that is.

Old 10-18-2007, 04:55 PM

Quote:
I have 3 kids.. 20, 19, 16. The 20 year old and the 19 year old have had two wrecks each. 1 serious each(damage wise.. the Lord was watching over their safety) one not so serious each. With my 20 year old, the 16 year old happened to be sitting in the back passagenger seat which happened to be the door that was hit at 45 mph. Last December, on the night before my son's 16th birthday we received a call at about 10 minutes before the 19 year old was due home... (I hate the phone calls while they are out). It was my son saying that he had been in an accident about 4 miles from the house. But he was ok. We rush up taking the almost 16 year old with us. Apparently, he had gotten his back tire off the road, hit a mail box, (taking out the back window) the back of the car started skidding around, hit the driveway folding the tire under the car, shot him to the other side of the road head first into the ditch where he started spinning/flipping on the nose of the car, took out a speed limit sign ($100), took out a 4' section of a telephone pole ($100)and repeter box($4800), punctured the gas tank, flipped 2 more times before coming to rest on the passanger door against a barbed wire fence, facing the oppisite direction. My son walking away with only a tiny scratch... priceless!!! Anyway... My youngest turned 16 at the crash site. For some reason he has had no desire to get his licence... and really...honestly.. I have had no desire to push him to get it.

I'm telling ya... under the blonde hair color... it's all gray... every bit of it!! What I haven't pulled out that is.
Thank goodness they have been ok. But I hear ya on the gray hair...I'm sure it just keeps getting worse as they get older.

Old 10-18-2007, 04:57 PM

This is upbeat...new favorite pizza!

Since I got home too late from the doctor to cook e ordered pizza. DH wanted a regular with bacon and onion....eeeew! So I ordered it and a white with mushrooms....well they messed up and put bacon on both...and I have to say either I'm really hungry or white pizza with bacon is the bomb!

Old 10-18-2007, 04:58 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,018,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
ive noticed my youngest daughters fascination of tools lately has grown..she tried to tell me the cat must have been playing with the screwdriver..and rolled it to her dresser...she did have a tough time telling me how the "cat" took out all of the screws to the handles though..
When my 6 year old was about 3, he used to get the screw driver and a chair and take all the screws out of the door hinges...YES, the DOOR hinges....the bedroom doors, bathroom door, whatever he thought he could get away with before being "seen".

Old 10-18-2007, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
When my 6 year old was about 3, he used to get the screw driver and a chair and take all the screws out of the door hinges...YES, the DOOR hinges....the bedroom doors, bathroom door, whatever he thought he could get away with before being "seen".
LOL... sounds like you have a mechanic on your hands... or an engineer. Or... double trouble a mechanical engineer.. LOL.... I have one.. well actually 2 if you count the dh. Runs in the family... the dh's dad was one too. so 3 ?

Old 10-19-2007, 09:48 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,018,012 times
Quote:
LOL... sounds like you have a mechanic on your hands... or an engineer. Or... double trouble a mechanical engineer.. LOL.... I have one.. well actually 2 if you count the dh. Runs in the family... the dh's dad was one too. so 3 ?
Yeah, you can kind of expect certain stuff from 10 year olds, or teenagers etc. But we were not prepared (especially since he was our FOURTH child) for a 3 year old trying to take our house apart!

Old 10-22-2007, 04:35 PM

What do you think my husband did today?

He called me to say how happy he was that we are married and that this day will be the one day he never forgets...all very sweet.

Did I mention our 15th anniversary isn't until tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality