Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 12:50 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,922,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Yeah yeah, we know ... only YOUR religion has the "truth."

That's what all religions say.

Yes all religions claim that, but the teachings of Jesus prove it all, and his teachings prove with 0 doubt the JW teachers are correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I hear more wisdom and truth from rocks, trees and the wind than from the mindless gibberish of JWs.

That's because light does not enter darkness. The teachings of Jesus prove the JW teachers are correct--that means--the others are wrong.

Old 11-09-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringwielder View Post
This argument just goes round and round because the JWs on here cherry pick which points they want to address and avoid those they can't answer. The arguments they put forth are made on the basis that the Bible is completely factual and that we should all just accept that.

I made the point on page 79 about their Revelation book, written in the 1980's and now only 30 years later, out of print. Why would a book written so recently be discarded? Because a lot of stuff written in it is now considered wrong. This has happened with so many of their beliefs and predictions over the years and yet they continue amazingly to believe that every word they believe right at this moment is the factual truth. If it changes next week, it won't worry them, they will just discard it as 'old truth' and embrace it as 'new truth', the 'light getting brighter.'

Facts do not matter, they will not convince people in cults, studies have shown that it actually drives them deeper into their belief, so I guess those of us trying to use reason and facts to prove our arguments might as well not bother.

Do you answer something you do not know? The Rev book for the majority is correct--so what are you talking about?
A domestic has to do this no matter what--Luke 10:16--right or wrong a domestic does not know before Jesus' appointed teachers know.

The real cult to God--(try reading the bible)--Mark 3:24-26--A house divided( 33,000 trinity religions) will NOT stand. They fail this true mark= 1Cor 1:10--unity of thought( on all matters) no division. They cant even understand this simple bible milk.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:48 PM

7,801 posts, read 6,380,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The reality is--The teachings of Jesus, the son of the true living God back up what the JW teachers teach. That is proof the rest are wrong--The teachings of Jesus prove it all. God reveals himself to those that love him and listen to him.
See what I mean? Not a shred of substantiation for what I said you have no substantiation for. Just circular arguments that the teachings validate the teachings.

You have not a SHRED of evidence this god of yours exists do you? Not. A. Shred.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:23 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,210,941 times
Quote:
That's because light does not enter darkness. The teachings of Jesus prove the JW teachers are correct--that means--the others are wrong.
JWs know all about darkness.

They spend their lives blundering around in it.

Old 11-10-2016, 03:09 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,328,359 times
Quote:
The only important--is the living now to do Gods will-- God prophecyed--Har-mageddon--it is coming.
No, it's not.

It just ... isn't.

I know you won't believe me so ... meh ... I'm not going to waste time on this. If you want to sit there wasting your energy anticipating the End Times that will never come, at least not until the sun heats up enough to make earth uninhabitable, go for it.

Quote:
There are signs given to watch for in Gods written word.
Sure .... "wars and rumors of wars" and suchlike. Wow.

Of course, people have been interpreting those "signs" to fit their particular era of history for centuries and guess what. Yep, we're still here.

I remember a JW couple coming to my door once; they wouldn't take "no" for an answer so I said to myself, "Okay, you asked for it" and I debated them into simpering, stammering, stuttering fools with no answers to my refutations.

One such "sign" I remember was an increase in earthquake activity and they showed me this graph indicating this meteoric rise in the number of earthquakes. Never mind that the JW graph they showed me had the sudden increase in geologic activity occurring between 1850 and 1860 which, coincidentally enough, was the same decade when the modern seismometer was invented. It stood to reason, then, that the number of earthquakes would "increase" as the technology used to detect them became more sensitive and more instruments became available to place worldwide including in far remote places where quakes would have otherwise gone undetected.

Naturally, the intensity and severity of quakes were not measured in the JW graph, just the number of quakes, giving the illusion that, all of the sudden, there were more quakes when, in fact, our ability to detect them -- even the really really small ones that happen all the time -- was the primary reason for the increase.

I will admit that there has been an increase in the number of quakes independent of the bettering of technology, but not anywhere near the scale the JWs want us to believe.

And we understand the issue of climate change which as absolutely nothing to do with a wrathful God visiting the "End Times" down upon humanity's head. That's the kind of primitive thinking I would expect to hear 200 or more years ago.

Old 11-10-2016, 03:14 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,328,359 times
Quote:
Yes all religions claim that, but the teachings of Jesus prove it all, and his teachings prove with 0 doubt the JW teachers are correct.
Heh, all you're doing is proving my point.

Of *course* you're going to say "the JW teachers are correct" because JW is your religion. As I said, every believer says their religion is the Truth and Correct ... even when it's not.

It goes without saying that you've proven nothing. The most you can do is claim that you believe it's true. Claiming that it IS true is, well, unsubstantiated at best.

Of course I know you know that but religion does the strangest things to people's ability to think straight. No doubt this is one reason why religion is so often compared to a drug.

Old 11-10-2016, 08:47 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,838,193 times
Quote:
This is circular because it is circular because it is circular because it is circular because it is circular because it is circular because it is circular because it is circular because it is circular because it is circular because it is circular because it is circular because it is circular because it is circular because it is circular because it is circular because it is circular....

Not a fan of the JWs... mainly because they foster logic like this dumpster fire of an argument.

Old 11-10-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
This is circular because it is circular because it is circular because it is circular because it is circular because it is circular because it is circular because it is circular because it is circular because it is circular because it is circular because it is circular because it is circular because it is circular because it is circular because it is circular because it is circular....

Not a fan of the JWs... mainly because they foster logic like this dumpster fire of an argument.

Then its obvious you didn't bother listening to God who spoke from heaven at Jesus baptism and commanded to all-- This is my son the beloved in whom I am well pleased--LISTEN TO HIM. this entails--learning and applying every single teaching Jesus gave to us. If you knew his teachings you would know the JW teachers are correct. You wont be taught those teachings in any church--they are paid to teach their religions dogmas. Jesus truths expose them as false--they cannot afford to teach them.

Old 11-10-2016, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Heh, all you're doing is proving my point.

Of *course* you're going to say "the JW teachers are correct" because JW is your religion. As I said, every believer says their religion is the Truth and Correct ... even when it's not.

It goes without saying that you've proven nothing. The most you can do is claim that you believe it's true. Claiming that it IS true is, well, unsubstantiated at best.

Of course I know you know that but religion does the strangest things to people's ability to think straight. No doubt this is one reason why religion is so often compared to a drug.

I carefully searched in different religions--the only teachers I could find who teach all that Jesus taught are the JW teachers--the others cannot teach what Jesus taught, it exposes them as false. They are paid to teach their religions dogmas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality