Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2016, 11:58 AM

63,874 posts, read 40,149,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Could it be that people that are being scammed don't know that they are part of a scheme? People do figure it out though and when they try to warn their friends and families only are they then called apostates. That is why you hear the word cult only from an apostate because before they earned that title they were JWs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 12:47 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,922,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marakorpa View Post
When you think of you first statement, Jesus was a mortal, he was a mortal until he was resurrected to the heavenly realm after his murder on the torture stake. Jesus, like the angles, was mortal when they were created. If Jesus had not been a mortal but possessed immortality, Jehovah could not have offered him up to 'death' for the redemption of man's sins.

This may also get you to think about the trinity theory.

But, yes, Jesus did introduce Christianity and it was first named 'Christianity' at Antioch. Acts 11:26

Yes Jesus was a mortal on earth--not God in the flesh. No angels were ever created mortal, except the 144,000( little flock) who were bought from the earth( Rev 14:3) and changed into spirit beings.
There is 0 trinity in existence.
Yes Jesus introduced his one unified in love and peace religion( 1Cor 1:10) which is called Christian--These serve the God the Israelites served--a single being God named-YHWH(Jehovah) and accept Jesus as the one sent forth by God--the Messiah. The do not or ever served a trinity god--no true follower ever did, while they were true followers.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:18 PM

28,103 posts, read 29,997,160 times
Quote:
Is that the Bible according to John Smith?
It's Joseph Smith, not John Smith.

Quote:
Before you retort, the JW's have no concern if you /we use the KJV.
Sorry, but you said:
Quote:
It is the JWs who singularly, allow the people to look up and study the Bible at their leisure, questioning parts they do not understand, and cross referencing those questions FROM the Bible.
All I said was that the JWs are not alone in that. Mormons use the KJV, too, and we are not only "allowed," but "encouraged" to "look up and study the Bible at [our] leisure, questioning parts [we] do not understand, and cross referencing those questions FROM the Bible." If I've misunderstood what you were getting at, please correct me.

Old 12-15-2016, 11:58 PM

481 posts, read 263,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Yes Jesus was a mortal on earth--not God in the flesh. No angels were ever created mortal, except the 144,000( little flock) who were bought from the earth( Rev 14:3) and changed into spirit beings.
There is 0 trinity in existence.
Yes Jesus introduced his one unified in love and peace religion( 1Cor 1:10) which is called Christian--These serve the God the Israelites served--a single being God named-YHWH(Jehovah) and accept Jesus as the one sent forth by God--the Messiah. The do not or ever served a trinity god--no true follower ever did, while they were true followers.
If there were no mortal angles created, how is Jehovah going to destroy Satan and his horde? Immortality can only come from the creator, Jehovah, and it is a permanent existence, a legal status, and Jehovah always acts legally, as the Bible says, So, if i is a legal status, God would have to act illegally to remove the status.

Maybe that is a typo????

Old 12-16-2016, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
It's Joseph Smith, not John Smith.

Sorry, but you said:
All I said was that the JWs are not alone in that. Mormons use the KJV, too, and we are not only "allowed," but "encouraged" to "look up and study the Bible at [our] leisure, questioning parts [we] do not understand, and cross referencing those questions FROM the Bible." If I've misunderstood what you were getting at, please correct me.
As you can see, I am not up to speed with the Mormon practices, but if you do study as hard as you do, you should not include in your belief the pagan rituals of Christendom.....Sorry about John, that was his name when he was a boy, as he didn't like being called Joe as a lad. I think!!!! LOL.

Old 12-16-2016, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post

Which conveniently absolves you from any responsibility for or action regarding mankind's condition in the here and now. And to deny the very real dangers in the here and now so as to work to guard against them.

How can any body of people take any responsibility for the state of the world and make any difference. The JWs are doing exactly what they were told to do, and that is to take God's Word to all nations, tongues and people all over the world, so that many others can see what God requires for their salvation.

The mess the world is in is a job for Jehovah, and Jesus his son, who will drive Satan and his horde off the face of the earth, which means that followers of Satan will be destroyed as well. Man is not perfect and it will be another 1000 years before he attains that position; however there is a great crowd that are trying as hard as they can to be heading towards perfection so they can continue life in a paradise earth.

The JWs are very aware of the dangers of the here and now, and guard against them as much as they can, as individual people and as an organization. Believe me, as the end gets nearer it is harder to guard against Satan's many temptations, but the JWs fight a fine battle in witnessing to Jehovah's Holly name.

Old 12-16-2016, 09:39 AM

28,103 posts, read 29,997,160 times
Quote:
As you can see, I am not up to speed with the Mormon practices, but if you do study as hard as you do, you should not include in your belief the pagan rituals of Christendom.
Oh, I see. If Mormons studied the Bible as diligently as JWs do, we would obviously interpret the scriptures the same way you do and would come to all of the same conclusions you have. Sorry, Marakorpa, it doesn't work that way.

Quote:
Sorry about John, that was his name when he was a boy, as he didn't like being called Joe as a lad. I think!!!! LOL.
Wrong again, but not worth a discussion.

Old 12-16-2016, 11:00 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,244,899 times
Quote:
Is that the Bible according to John Smith? Before you retort, the JW's have no concern if you /we use the KJV.
So you prefer the bible according to Charles Taze Russell?

Old 12-16-2016, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
So you prefer the bible according to Charles Taze Russell?

Mr Russell exposed many false teachings brought in by trinity religions. Yes he confused the first ride of the white horse at Rev 6 for the 2nd ride=Har-mageddon. But its all been corrected and now the JW,s have it right. The rest have failed God and his son. Otherwise they would have been making corrections over the last 100 years or so to make this a truth-Dan 12:4) The JW teachers have made correction to truth, now all that listen to them can accomplish this-John 4:22-24.

Old 12-16-2016, 12:42 PM

Quote:
If there were no mortal angles created, how is Jehovah going to destroy Satan and his horde? Immortality can only come from the creator, Jehovah, and it is a permanent existence, a legal status, and Jehovah always acts legally, as the Bible says, So, if i is a legal status, God would have to act illegally to remove the status.

Maybe that is a typo????

All angels are created--spirit beings. with the exception of the 144,000 who get bought from the earth-Rev 14:3)-- God created them) spirit beings), he surely can destroy them. 1/3 fell-- well over 33 million of them--Gods word says 10,000 x 10,000 angels in one spot in the bible--that is 100 million. Thus there are over 33 million demons on earth now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality