Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2016, 04:50 PM

481 posts, read 263,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
Religions are all the same, I think the JW's are easy to spot, thus easy for other christian groups to single out and point out their differences. As an Atheist I don’t have different views on most protestant religions. I see them as myth based, and a waste of time. Some other christian religious cults I see as much more dangerous than JW’s.

Does a comment like this deserve reporting. There is no clarification why the poster thinks that the Jws are dangerous, so it is only a insulting remark. Let there be fairness, Please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2016, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
They start out with small followings and use radical tactics to spread their influence. Some of them still do to this day despite their huge numbers.
I you make comments like that, you should be given a refraction unless you have proof of the "radical tactics" that the JWs use, and how it would impact on the world.

Old 12-16-2016, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
JWs are unique cult, and I say that, because they are one of the few that I know that rewrote the Bible to fit their religious beliefs. Anytime they saw something in the Bible that their leadership did not agree with, they called it an error. And because of that, they would often remove a word, or sometimes even an entire verse to get the Scripture to read to their likeing. Their Bible is called "The New World Translation", and it has been condemned by numerous world Bible scholars. And that's because it is more of a perversion, than a translation.
A totally unqualified comment. The NWT has be lauded by world renowned Biblical translators. To state what this poster has said is not anywhere near the truth, and unless the poster can come up with proof of what is said, they should not say anything in this vein as it is only unfounded scatology.

Old 12-16-2016, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I don't believe that anyone should have to try to denean someone else's position to make theirs look good. If they have to do that, they don’t have a position. As it applies to this thread, the word "cult" is intended to belittle and offend. I see it as mudslinging. It's not difficult to explain why you don't agree with what someone else believes without having to attach a negative on them to make your point.
(Demean) Well said, and so true!!!!!

Old 12-16-2016, 05:25 PM

28,139 posts, read 30,082,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marakorpa View Post
(Demean) Well said, and so true!!!!!
Oops. Thanks for catching the typo. Unfortunately, it's too late for me to fix it.

Old 12-16-2016, 05:27 PM

15,905 posts, read 6,381,285 times
I earned the right to call them a cult. If you want me to provide evidence using the BITE model I can do that too.

Old 12-16-2016, 07:15 PM

Having trod on a few toes I must make a comment on why it is so.

For one, I cannot understand how a thread of "What do you think of Jehovah's Witnesses" is even allowed on this forum.

I made direct comment on the Xmas rites and was accused of trolling, I really do not know what trolling means, it must mean that you can't make any comment that reflects your opinion.

How would it go if I opened a thread "What do you think of the Pope" or What do you think of Mormons" or Baptists or German Shepherd dogs, are they not subjects that would bring personal attacks. Every time there is inaccurate, and insulting comment about the JWs there are 8 million people that are being insulted.

If one should reply with the same candor as those that give inaccurate comment, why is that being a troll? It's a funny world in the forums.

I might open a thread "Why I dislike those that dislike trolls." Surely some of us are human.

Old 12-16-2016, 07:16 PM

20,133 posts, read 13,581,450 times
Quote:
[/b]Does a comment like this deserve reporting. There is no clarification why the poster thinks that the Jws are dangerous, so it is only a insulting remark. Let there be fairness, Please.
The person you're responding to actually said JWs are LESS dangerous relative to some other groups. Sure, it's a left-handed compliment, but it's hardly an attack. It's simply an observation.

I doubt the mods are going to infract people for having opinions and views, or that they will create a situation for you were never is heard a discouraging word from your particular point of view.

This is a DISCUSSION forum. Discuss. Enjoy. But don't expect automatic deference and respect for your pet views. By the very nature of discussion, they will be challenged and you will have to defend them. And some people just won't accept a defense based on dogma. That's life.

Old 12-16-2016, 08:32 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,676,816 times
Quote:

For one, I cannot understand how a thread of "What do you think of Jehovah's Witnesses" is even allowed on this forum.

I made direct comment on the Xmas rites and was accused of trolling, I really do not know what trolling means, it must mean that you can't make any comment that reflects your opinion.

How would it go if I opened a thread "What do you think of the Pope" or What do you think of Mormons" or Baptists or German Shepherd dogs, are they not subjects that would bring personal attacks. Every time there is inaccurate, and insulting comment about the JWs there are 8 million people that are being insulted.

If one should reply with the same candor as those that give inaccurate comment, why is that being a troll? It's a funny world in the forums.

I might open a thread "Why I dislike those that dislike trolls." Surely some of us are human.
You are pretty new here. Read some of the archived threads and posts...you'll be surprised.
I've discussed this before:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/44066593-post72.html

Old 12-16-2016, 09:04 PM

15,905 posts, read 6,381,285 times
Quote:

Did the Mods get on you or was it the other posters? I don't expect JWs to be nice to me considering the things I post. Say what you need to say but understand people will probably get angry at you. Next Sunday when you are at the Kingdom Hall you can ask any child over the age of kindergarten how to take a punch. All the JW kids know how to handle themselves under fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality