Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2017, 06:05 AM

50,089 posts, read 20,793,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Jesus told the rich to sell and give to their poor brothers--I am poor inpossessions and money--Rich in the true knowledge of God--that is worth more than all the $$$$. gold, silver, gemstones combined in existence. I share it freely.
Ah, so the old joke is spot on 'Give it to the poor' is metaphorical. Give your personal opinions freely - in fact ram them down others' throats, but hang onto the diosh, car, TV, microwave, washing machine and computer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2017, 06:06 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,928,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
No he didn't. He didn't even mention 'rich people'. He was saying that anyone who wanted to be perfect, should sell all their possessions, give the money to the poor and follow him. Why haven''t you done so? Why don't you want to be perfect? Despite your protestations of poverty, you must have some possessions! You can't be destitute! What about the computer you are using at the moment?

Do you have a job?

You are just reasoning falsely. I have a part time job, I just get by, but its getting tougher in a greed run capitalism society. The true knowledge of God is my most valuable possession, I share it freely to all.

Old 05-30-2017, 06:28 AM

50,089 posts, read 20,793,492 times
I would imagine we all suppose you to be a decent family man holding down a job and trying to get by in a world where money never seems to go far enough.

You may find your faith rewarding, but your apologetics for your faith - including interpretation as far as rewriting what the Bible actually says to let you out of REAL poverty - doesn't sway us much. Nor are we impressed by accusaion of walking in darkness.

I may refer again to the two HJ's who came back for a chat and we were able to finish off the discussion about the siege of Jerusalem which, while it is one thing that is attested by history, the history attests that the Bible account is wrong.

Now these dear ladies knew nothing of this and indeed the generality of Christian apologists don't know the arguments and their Elders or whatever - if they even know this stuff themselves - for sure aren't going to tell them.

And even when we tell it, the believers just wave it away on some pretext or other. Now, you may be "tellin,' no arguing",but those doorstoopers certainly were trying to peddle me their faith. In this, they relied on the stock debunked arguments from I/D, no transitionals, Disciples would not dies for a lie, Bible is all true.

In the light of their somewhat limited knowledge, they are not going to be able to sell me their product, and lurking threats of eventual retribution are worthless, since if they don't know what they are talking about as regards factual matters, why the heck should I trust them on supernatural claims? This, chum, also applies to he arguments you are throwing at us, here

Old 05-30-2017, 06:45 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,880,101 times
Quote:
You are just reasoning falsely.
I'm not 'reasoning' at all. I'm simply repeating what your Jesus said. He said that if you want to be perfect, you should sell all your possessions, give the money to the poor and follow him. I'm asking why you haven't done it, particularly in light of your being told that your god will provide EVERYTHING that you need (Philippians 4:19)

Quote:
I have a part time job, .....
Why do you have ANY job when you have been told that your 'heavenly father' will supply everything that you need? Why aren't you doing nothing but wandering the world 'spreading the word of your Jesus'...and relying on him to feed you, clothe you, pay your taxes and cure your illnesses. The fact that you work proves that you have no more belief/confidence that your god will feed you, clothe you, pay your taxes and cure your illnesses than we have. You are simply a charlatan.

Old 05-30-2017, 07:01 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,880,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Ah, so the old joke is spot on 'Give it to the poor' is metaphorical. Give your personal opinions freely - in fact ram them down others' throats, but hang onto the diosh, car, TV, microwave, washing machine and computer.
Spot on my dear old wart-hog!

Jesus said that we should fight against gays = Yep! Jesus commands it. Let's do it boys! Charge!!

Jesus said that we should sell all our possessions and give the money to the poor = Ummm! Yeah... but.... Let's not rush this right...I mean... you're not reading it right man! What he REALLY meant was that only the dude he was talking to should do that...not me!

Bible it's the word of God. Every word is true and it says... Don't worry about feeding and clothing yourself. God will provide you with all you need. = Ummm...Yeah...but I think I'll keep my high-paying executive position all the same.

Old 05-30-2017, 07:51 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,612,655 times
Quote:
Fact of life---Either one worships the true living God=YHVH(Jehovah) or they go through life being owned by satan. Why should God help those who refuse to listen to him? That was the issue raised against him in Eden by satan. If we knew both sides ourselves we could choose ourself the best path for our life. So God let it be proved--if he did all the things everybody needed or wanted--nothing would be proved. It is almost done--You are standing in opposition.
Its not God that's the joke==your false understanding and reasoning is.
You seem to not understand what a "fact" is. In FACT, you seem incapable of any thought that wasn't put into your head by your "leaders". So here, let me help you understand what a "fact", as you are stating, is, okay?

From the Oxford Dictionary:

A thing that is known or proved to be true.

Yours is not "known or proven to be true". It is your opinion. The fact that you can't see that speaks volumes about you.

Old 05-30-2017, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
I'm not 'reasoning' at all. I'm simply repeating what your Jesus said. He said that if you want to be perfect, you should sell all your possessions, give the money to the poor and follow him. I'm asking why you haven't done it, particularly in light of your being told that your god will provide EVERYTHING that you need (Philippians 4:19)

Why do you have ANY job when you have been told that your 'heavenly father' will supply everything that you need? Why aren't you doing nothing but wandering the world 'spreading the word of your Jesus'...and relying on him to feed you, clothe you, pay your taxes and cure your illnesses. The fact that you work proves that you have no more belief/confidence that your god will feed you, clothe you, pay your taxes and cure your illnesses than we have. You are simply a charlatan.

Only in your twisted reasonings.

Old 05-30-2017, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
You seem to not understand what a "fact" is. In FACT, you seem incapable of any thought that wasn't put into your head by your "leaders". So here, let me help you understand what a "fact", as you are stating, is, okay?

From the Oxford Dictionary:

A thing that is known or proved to be true.

Yours is not "known or proven to be true". It is your opinion. The fact that you can't see that speaks volumes about you.

Again you reason falsely---Faith is what I go by. not opinion. God requires faith from his follower. All true followers have it. They have been numbered as FEW.

Old 05-30-2017, 10:58 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,612,655 times
Quote:
Again you reason falsely---Faith is what I go by. not opinion. God requires faith from his follower. All true followers have it. They have been numbered as FEW.
See, this is why I say you aren't capable of understanding....

Faith IS opinion. That is all it is. Unless you have some proof or evidence (Other than "The Bible says so"), it is opinion. You guys are "numbered as FEW", because the majority of people aren't that brainwashed, and aren't part of cultic activity that requires us to be ignorant.

Again, all you have is your opinion of what is true, because there is nothing else. You can tell everyone how you are right, and know you are, but you are simply lying to them, and to yourself. You "know" nothing more than anyone else.

Old 05-30-2017, 11:48 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,954,131 times
FAITH is okay but it will never put food in the stomach or pay any acquired bills. Only helping hand in need is at the end of a persons arm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality