Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 07:49 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,593,950 times

Advertisements

Maybe it's just a case of nothing about the human body being eternal. You don't have the same skin you did when you were born, because it's continually flaking off and being replaced. None of your organs last forever, which is one reason why people die. Your hair may not last as long as some other body parts, that's all. (I'm sorry if this sounds too simplistic; I try not to read too many meanings into things!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2010, 08:26 AM

2,827 posts, read 4,340,186 times
Matt 10:30. I think it means that someone in the beyond is keeping a close tally sheet on you.

Matthew 10:30 - Passage*Lookup - New International Version - BibleGateway.com

Old 03-13-2010, 10:18 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,505 times
In essence I believe that...God knows the number of hairs on your head, Might just mean he knows everyone more intimently than we know ourselves...and more completely because he can read the hairs on anyones head....if they have hair, and even if they don't.

Having hair would make things easier to read...

if you have no hair, it doesn't mean God does not know you, or such thinking as he might be against you.
It could mean that because of certain events not intirely of your doing, a traight has befallen you, by you, or your perants, or your grand perants...ancestrial family ties to certain regions and peoples..and acts, and history...

Like the cattle, when the rod is put before them...some were made spotted, some solid, some plain.
Same Goes for those under the IDOL...as it is before us...we are born in similar format...perhaps?

Well that is what I get out of reading the Bible.

Wonder if it still holds true...that the Bible can answer itself...and does, when what is in the bible , that is valid is tested within itsself, to answer itself, by itself.

So If evolution was a truth...then humans would garnish a fur coat or grow fur every fall for winter, and shed it in the warmer months.
But that is not the case...because we are not that kind of creater... and as evolution would surely play a part in aiding humans to adapt to the cold and warm seasons, by way of changes in tempurature...the body should make more hair to keep the body warm in certain regions of the world naturally...over time, generations, millenium...etc
Again there is no supporting data to this as being true...so evolution, and natural conditioning of the body to climate are not part of the hair process, when subjected to differing climates over long periods of time, it would seem.

So a reasoning for this is put in the Bible to ponder....and the story of the Rod before the cattlle makes a smart rebuttle....the Idol of engraven images is before us...and we are the sheep or goats...some spotted, some striped, some bald, some hairy, some straight, some Gay...and the others...

See?

Last edited by Sir Les; 03-13-2010 at 10:51 AM..

Old 03-13-2010, 10:45 AM

2,827 posts, read 4,340,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
In essence I believe that...God knows the number of hairs on your head, Might just mean he knows everyone more intimently than we know ourselves...and more completely because he can read the hairs on anyones head....if they have hair, and even if they don't.

Having hair would make things easier to read...

if you have no hair, it doesn't mean God does not know you, or such thinking as he might be against you.
It could mean that because of certain events not intirely of your doing, a traight has befallen you, by you, or your prenants, or your grand perants...ancestrial family ties to certain regions and peoples..and acts, and history...

Like the cattle, when the rod is put before them...some were made spotted, some solid, some plain.
Same Goes for those under the IDOL...as it is before us...we are born in similar format...perhaps?

Well that is what I get out of reading the Bible.

Wonder if it still holds true...that the Bible can answer itself...and does, when what is in the bible , that is valid is tested within its self, to answer itself, by itself.

So If evolution was a truth...then humans would garnish a fur coat or grow fur every fall for winter, and shed it in the warmer months.
But that is not the case...because we are not that kind of creater... and as evolution would surely play a part in aiding humans to adapt to the cold and warm seasons, by way of changes in tempurature...the body should make more hair to keep the body warm in certain regions of the world naturally...over time, generations, millenium...etc
Again there is no supporting data to this as being true...so evolution, and natural conditioning of the body to climate are not part of the hair process, when subjected to differing climates over long periods of time, it would seem.

So a reasoning for this is put in the Bible to ponder....and the story of the Rod before the cattlle makes a smart rebuttle....the Idol of engraven images is before us...and we are the sheep or goats...some spotted, some striped, some bald, some hairy, some straight, some Gay...and the others...

See?
Sir Les,

Your point about humans would be true if we didn't have the ability to put on layers of clothing to keep us warm in cold weather. But unlike the other animals, we don't have to run around naked and rely on thick hair/fur for our survival. That evolutionary adaptation, amongst a host of others, has helped us to get where we are.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:08 AM

I think You are possibly right, and I might be possibly in error....But it has not been noted in history that a man or woman in cold regions suddenly developed more hair.
And because in the Beginning of the Bible...ADAM was naked...and we presume Eve when made was like ADAM was..Naked...before eating the Fruit of Knowledge of Good and Evil...
We might of developed in a more natural way....with nature.

Here is another thing to ponder...as Jesus says God cloths the flowers of the field, how much more would he not Cloth you.

Now as it is, I believe Jesus is pointing at something (God) and he is saying it provides us with food, clothing, fuel, clean water, air, and it is tied to the whole creation...as part of a chain of unions!

Marijuana is partners with all living things....and it can climatize the planet, ,,it can clean the waters, make fresh air, make food, and feed the birds...as Jesus claims God feeds them, and they toil not, how much more would he do for us that do his will, and fulfill his word...?

Now if we climatize the planet with plants..(Marijuana and all other plants included) and share...and follow the commandments of God...and tend to the lands, as laid down by the GOD of creation...what do you think you would then need?

But because this is not being done correctly or at all...we suffer!
And who is restoring the Eden conceptual idea sinlessly, so more can have today?,,,not too many come to my mind.

So it has been noted, that whether we put on a coat or not...should not effect the natural hair process, if it is a natural estate in us....and it is not...for if it was, then we would not need to put on a fur coat of any kind...it would occur naturally!

So something has interveened in this process!
And it could be biological, it could be mental, it could be caused by something exterior to us that we are being subjected to...that is not supposed to be.

And Jesus said...You will always have the poor with you...
Why?,...because of the IDOL they were adopting!!!!!

Now we can see the truth.

Right?

And where are we???...in the mysts of choas and corruption no doubt...and under the muse of warfare, and bent bankers.

Amen?

Last edited by Sir Les; 03-13-2010 at 11:23 AM..

Old 03-13-2010, 12:11 PM

134 posts, read 123,016 times
The less hair on your head the wiser and the less work God has to do counting.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:16 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,055,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
--snip--
And Jesus said...You will always have the poor with you...
Why?,...because of the IDOL they were adopting!!!!!

Now we can see the truth.

Right?

And where are we???...in the mysts of choas and corruption no doubt...and under the muse of warfare, and bent bankers.

Amen?
Not sure where you are going with the MJ angle

As for the latter - nope!

If you read the gospels "in context", jesus seemed to be the one hanging out with the downcast and the have-nots, seems he had a soft spot for them, something like Gandhi no?

The problem of course is that with xianity, one must accept this elusive god before he/she/it will have anything to do with one, so much for omni-everything eh? Even though the gospels imply that only "he" the father can draw one to jesus - which of course is another disclaimer conveniently recorded for the folk that would dismiss this elusive god as vain imagination. For folk like me and many others here who have dissed the "faith" there too is a disclaimer of folk like us being like dogs returning to their own vomit.

What amazes folk like me is that - as you implied - that the bible has an answer for everything, just not in the way you are asserting. The NT is one huge apologetic for this elusive man-made god because I am sure back then, folk had questions that the enlightened like "paul" could not answer, hence his doctrines which form the foundation of modern xianity.

You see, for atheists like me or to be more exact ex-theists, one would be entirely convinced IF this god would make an intervention like he did with the "chosen" like manna and quails from heaven in the poorer nether regions,after all, post jesus, the chosen is inferred as everybody now is it not? With the media as we know it, this would not likely go unreported, why does one have to rely on a report dated 2-3k years ago as "proof"? Does the good book not say, "he is the same today as he was yesterday..."?

It would appear, that this god is - as you inferred - partial to folk with money and particularly those who landed with their butts in the butter - no?

Take this POV and then analyze just how much of a set up this is for control of the masses to squeeze out a few extra $$, I mean, Bernie Madoff is in prison for running a scam, strange that this xian god gets a free pass when he/she/it did/does exactly the same thing - no?

Of course one's individual charity toward these less fortunate has actually nothing to do with an elusive god or the alleged musings of ME goatherders, there is absolutely no difference between the theist or atheist charitable person, it is of course the right thing to do, although the theist may want to use said charitable opportunity to proselytize whereas the other just prefers to help out his fellow man. For the theist caught in the trap of tithing where "some" of his offerings as indeed used to take care of the less fortunate, it is a deferment for someone else to do their bidding and feel they have "contributed" We of course lose sight of all the eloquent "temples" and like in the case of the RCC, their enormous wealth. This wealth NEVER benefits the rest of humanity and like you inferred, it is very much akin to the "bankers" and the schemes of the rich. It is this that we ex-theists see as a common thread.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
Not sure where you are going with the MJ angle

As for the latter - nope!

If you read the gospels "in context", jesus seemed to be the one hanging out with the downcast and the have-nots, seems he had a soft spot for them, something like Gandhi no?

The problem of course is that with xianity, one must accept this elusive god before he/she/it will have anything to do with one, so much for omni-everything eh? Even though the gospels imply that only "he" the father can draw one to jesus - which of course is another disclaimer conveniently recorded for the folk that would dismiss this elusive god as vain imagination. For folk like me and many others here who have dissed the "faith" there too is a disclaimer of folk like us being like dogs returning to their own vomit.

What amazes folk like me is that - as you implied - that the bible has an answer for everything, just not in the way you are asserting. The NT is one huge apologetic for this elusive man-made god because I am sure back then, folk had questions that the enlightened like "paul" could not answer, hence his doctrines which form the foundation of modern xianity.

You see, for atheists like me or to be more exact ex-theists, one would be entirely convinced IF this god would make an intervention like he did with the "chosen" like manna and quails from heaven in the poorer nether regions,after all, post jesus, the chosen is inferred as everybody now is it not? With the media as we know it, this would not likely go unreported, why does one have to rely on a report dated 2-3k years ago as "proof"? Does the good book not say, "he is the same today as he was yesterday..."?

It would appear, that this god is - as you inferred - partial to folk with money and particularly those who landed with their butts in the butter - no?

Take this POV and then analyze just how much of a set up this is for control of the masses to squeeze out a few extra $$, I mean, Bernie Madoff is in prison for running a scam, strange that this xian god gets a free pass when he/she/it did/does exactly the same thing - no?

Of course one's individual charity toward these less fortunate has actually nothing to do with an elusive god or the alleged musings of ME goatherders, there is absolutely no difference between the theist or atheist charitable person, it is of course the right thing to do, although the theist may want to use said charitable opportunity to proselytize whereas the other just prefers to help out his fellow man. For the theist caught in the trap of tithing where "some" of his offerings as indeed used to take care of the less fortunate, it is a deferment for someone else to do their bidding and feel they have "contributed" We of course lose sight of all the eloquent "temples" and like in the case of the RCC, their enormous wealth. This wealth NEVER benefits the rest of humanity and like you inferred, it is very much akin to the "bankers" and the schemes of the rich. It is this that we ex-theists see as a common thread.

What creates the downcast????
And so the downcast have no choice...because the leaders, or shepards have taken up the idol....and are now in league with ROME killing and conquering for False Profits and Gains.

Jesus takes the side of those who have no choice , but to be what they are....

Jesus says to the Pharecies...when Kicking the Money changers out of his fathers house...."Your making a den of robbers, and thieves"...(Taking away the givens)(contrabann plants) and (breaking of the commandment about idols) which turns (god against them)

And so God forgives the prostitute, and the taxman, and the robbers and thieves, and the sinners, and evil doers who are caused by way of destitution to be what they are born into or under IDOLATRY.....because the Pharecies and rulers of the Jews/Rome...which went to war, when war was uncalled for, to take the Land of Canaan...and then join and conquer the world...under the idols grip...while asking for human sacrifices...

Hunting down and slaughtering, the freeman and women living off the lands...who proclaimed Christ as lord.

Which side do you believe is fare for God to take?

Now although God takes sides....it is best if, although we see the injustice being done...we try to be sinless, and sow those seeds, so more comes our way, so we can help them see their futility!!!.
And by abiding in that ...we save ourselves!

But as it is in the world...the IDol...then they are making their own den of SIN!....and it is costing them a fortune to run it, police it, maintain it, and live in it, and God plagues them continually to show they have not fulfilled nor followed his will or words....and there is never enough to go round....and the nations are now deep in debt....so they enslave the next generation and so on, to it...so it continues on being used!!!

How does one get out of it?.....with out pulling out all ones hair?...or it dropping off?

"Those who do the will of the father, shall enter paradise"

You have to believe it, and do or take steps towards it..for it is the only solution left undone that makes any sense or logical direction of merit...and that would be sowing seeds sinlessly that produces food, and other resources needed for life.......and if I am not mistaken...something about a plant that Moses stud before, that was called the burning Bush...No pun intended???,,,might be Marijuana hemp....Put that in your Garden...sinlessly...and see what happens.

Jesus says those who seek shall find.

Amen....and Jesus sais " God is a God of the living " so we know that dead things with no life, are not part of the equation to life....and so,,,the plant is a living entity...and it could make Holy Ground....If the sower is sinless...This is the real service God is seeking!

Might be a solution, and that is why they prohibite the cultivation of it....they claim it is a narcotic...but hemp marijuana is not a narcotic...and is so much more than just a plant...and yet they prohibite it because it is feared....and why would Satan fear a plant?......because it could be used to Call upon God...Just as I have said....
So Sow hemp Marijuana sinlessly might just make holy ground...and holy ground is the footstool of God....Right?

So having that footstool in place, would invite God to come down, or Christ to come up...Acts 3:21...universal restoration, when done sinlessly...God will come ...
So intent is part of it...if you intend to use the plant in a Money scheming way...then the intent is for sin.
But if you sow with the intent to help the world or the planet, or the people, or to envoke God's justice....and speak with him face to face....then your doing the greator good.

See?

"Those who do the will of the Father, shall enter Paradise"...is a self fulfilling paradox of the Eden principles!... we have to make it, to have it in reality, once it is in reality we can enter it, and multiply it...as God has asked of us to do....Genesis 2:15...Acts 3:21. Rev 17:17

"I give you everything" Gen 9:3...See God shares!!!!.....so we being of God...we should also share!....no money required!
And in that God abides in his promise to make the lands abundantly giving, and sound and safe....as long as we abide....by the laws and commandments, covenants, and precepts found in the Bible.

For that is Life...with out end.

Amen?

Last edited by Sir Les; 03-13-2010 at 01:18 PM..

Old 03-13-2010, 12:32 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,735,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
My husband is bald. (Personally, I find him quite sexy.) He believes that his ego was so enormous that God had to do something to 'put him in his place'. Hence, he made him short and bald.
He he. It really depends, some men even look better without hair. I guess when going bald the only 'sin' is to try and comb the remaining 5 hairs all over your head in a desperate attempt to hide one's baldness. Most people look much better if they cut it off completely and get tanned because a white bald head tends to look 'not so good'.

Regarding the religious aspect, never heard of it. And I guess I did not miss out on anything there

Old 03-13-2010, 12:44 PM

134 posts, read 123,016 times
^^^^^^Luke 12:7 & Matthew 10:30 is where you find scripture on this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality