Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 04:52 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,056,613 times

Advertisements

I see this espoused by christians/theists from time to time.

Please explain why this god of yours (in my case) stopped cataloging them and allowed me to go bald? I went bald back in my theist daze.

Why is it that god would be concerned with the hairs on my head and not some kid starving to death in some remote village in wherever?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 05:21 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,737,409 times
I have never heard of any theist say this. I don't know where it came from.

On the other hand, I feel sorry for the bald guys. It's just heredity. I've also noticed these guys are jealous when they look at the densely maned dudes as I.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:24 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,665,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post

Please explain why this god of yours (in my case) stopped cataloging them and allowed me to go bald? I went bald back in my theist daze.

Why is it that god would be concerned with the hairs on my head and not some kid starving to death in some remote village in wherever?

Maybe he didn't care and that's why you went bald ,just a thought...

Old 03-12-2010, 06:54 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,580,478 times
It means God knows you better than you know yourself as he knows everything about everyone.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
It means God knows you better than you know yourself as he knows everything about everyone.
How can anyone know me better than myself? My wife may come close.

That then begs the question, based on your interpretation, what about that starving kid in a 3rd world country?

Old 03-13-2010, 05:52 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,236,710 times
In your hair makeup, there is a telling tale of your life...like rings in a tree...with hair God can and does come to know you and what you have consumed...because it all gets encoded in your makeup...and Your hair....it is a tribute, and attributed to your life and your enviroment.

Lack of hair, could also mean lack of Life....God stops clothing you, because you stopped loving him.

Just a thought out of my mind...

Here is another thought...God plays around with atoms, subatomic particals, fractals, and gravity...
It is all based on a certain mass...this mass is to my knowledge finite, and is known to God all the numbers of them...and what they make, and why, and how...
So to say God knows you more than you know your self..is true if we think in those terms.
And God knows what one side is, as opposed to the other side...
Which side wins?
Now we know God will not sin, or do evil...for Jesus sais, Only God is Good.
So we know that In order to be Good, one must never be bad of sin, or do Evil...
But What God can do, Is setup the Evil against itself, and God has the right to protect his investments....so that cause and effect arise for the greator Good of all things made Good, that comply with God...for God is eternally Good...and Good is greator than error....and error which is sin...ends up destroying itself...because Truth corrects Error.

Now we have an understanding of how God knows you more than you know yourself....

Only two paths.
One, seldom taken! (The Eden Principle)(Helpers)(Good stewards of the Gardens)...This one leads to God, and Jesus leads us to that, by being sinless under the commandments, precepts, and covenants, and laws of the land.

The other path which is wide, and many are on it (Idolatry), leads nowhere important, and is a waste of time...

Now...about the starving child you claim exists....how are you helping or detracting from that childs welfare?
Are you doing anything to help?

This is where the power of truth comes, and the test of time prevail....You know of such a one, and Yet have you offered to help that estate?

See here is where the model...helpers...is brought forth from scripture...Genesis 2:15 using all the givens,,,"""""ALL THE GIVENS"""" and share the seeds...and the knowledge of forever!

Now how is that done?...by doing it.

Which is something that has been said for centuries...THOSE WHO DO THE WILL OF THE FATHER, SHALL ENTER PARADISE> is greator than poverty...in fact poverty is never a issue with God...
Because there is no money required!

Seed, food, law and order..and everything shared!

God says "I Give You everything"...So we have everything to offer aid...
Now who is not sharing?

Obviously it is not GOD!

And the more people thinnk money is the answer...money feeds no one!....and that is a truth noone can denie!

So it is up to us to help them make a garden so they not only feed themselves, with alittle work , and word...they can become helpers too!

And if we all help together...and do the right things for the right reasons....Poverty will be abolished...with GOD...no money required.

Cause money creates Poverty!

Sir Les

Old 03-13-2010, 05:55 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,924,442 times
Default Oh. My. God.

Run, justme58, run!!!!!

Old 03-13-2010, 06:19 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,027,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post

Hair isn't important to God and going bald is genetic, a thing that only happens on this world. Now, when you get to the spirit world, you can have all of your hair back if you'd like.

God loves all His children. Those starving children are the product of mans own doing. God would feed and clothe everyone but man has free will to either care for their own or not. Men choose to be greedy and let others starve while the greed allows others to live in comfort. God doesn't do those things, man does.

Old 03-13-2010, 06:35 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,790,677 times
My husband is bald. (Personally, I find him quite sexy.) He believes that his ego was so enormous that God had to do something to 'put him in his place'. Hence, he made him short and bald.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:47 AM

To no one in particular, my baldness does not bug me as my dad and all his brothers were "chrome domes"

The quiz is why do folk espouse this w/o thinking through the implications of such a statement? Any bald guy has to ask, how or what happened that they went bald. My cousin who is still a theist was bald at 23, I mean BALD.

Of course this thread is tongue in cheek as I do not take the biblical statement literally. If god is so concerned about hairs on your head, the starving kid gets a bum rap. Nothing to do with what I or anyone else has done to help them, your jesus allegedly fed 5000 from two fish and five loaves, so it stands to reason, that manna should be falling from heaven for these unfortunate folk. After all he sacrificed his only son because he loves us so much, I guess he hates poor folk who cannot care for themselves. Even your bible has a disclaimer that "we shall always have the poor with us"

With all this spinning and diversion, you never wondered who or why folk wrote the the NT? These questions are never addressed but merely dismissed while expecting folk to believe in the alleged miracles jesus performed. It stands to reason as xians claim "jesus is alive" that he should be actively be dealing with his brother's and sister's needs w/o the need for a special invocation.

Or were his miracles merely some serious showmanship?

Currently, jesus seems to fall in the same category as David Copperfield

Last time I looked, DC is not doing magic when the cameras are not rolling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality