Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2010, 06:15 PM

354 posts, read 750,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balvenie View Post
Baket, I fail to understand your continuing and willful ignorance about the TOE and other scientific facts. Why do you claim that no life exists except here on earth? Yes, Mars and Venus and other planets have environments that we consider hostile, bit that wouldn't prevent life from arising there. There are many creatures on earth that survive in conditions that seem incredible. The marine life that lives on volcanic vents in boiling sulfurous water, for instance. Or the life form that lives in the lake enclosed underneath a glacier in Antarctica. It lives in a lightless, oxygenless, high salinity, subzero temperature environment. That's a NO light, NO air, salty, super-cold home. Gosh...sounds rather like the ice buried on Mars, doesn't it. In case you think I'm making it up, google "Blood Falls Antarctica".

Go ahead, surprise us by learning something. I dare you. Or are you afraid to evolve with the rest of us?
i know about that marine life that lives on volcanic vents in boiling sulfurous water i saw that james cameron movie. it is amazing. same with Blood Falls Antarctica i saw it in MSN news recently. which is my point regardless of harsh conditions, life evolves according to your theory via natural selection, where is that alien life? nowhere. now one poster is telling crap like how do i know they are not invisible cat or whatever? what the hell. speaking of sulfur, apparently there is life on mars:

Evidence for life on Mars may be staring us in the face - space - 15 March 2010 - New Scientist

you mean to say it was there billion years ago but failed to apply your proven theory of evolution? regardless of the freakishly perfect elemental conditions on earth, something should have evolved there. ANYthing at all.

and what about venus:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmosphere_of_Venus

accdg to the article, water was present billion of years ago, atmosphere and elemental conditions closely like earth's but NOTHING evolved? that does not make you think?

now the reasoning that the proven evolution is ONLY applied here on earth? what the hell.

Last edited by baket; 03-25-2010 at 06:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 07:23 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,252,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
My god, folks are trying to argue basic science with someone who can't even write a coherent sentence and you can't figure out why they don't get it.
there is nothing to get mate its all bull**** -your waisting your time

since youve studied all this crap -what difference has it made to your life

youd be better off spending all that time figurng out why your here

and when you find out look deep inside and ask youself are you truly happy-and i dont mean happiness from any outside source like sex,drugs, rock n roll,or money or anything but how blissfull do you feel on the inside without the need of any material gain or pleasure-if your happiness is temporary then you have not found real happiness -the soul will never find happiness in temporary things so go forth my freind and try learn the meaning of existence and dont bother with looking for theorys on how we got here because your just waisting your time and you cant prove it anyway just like i cant prove to you God exists but through my own experiences ive found something far more precious than all this material cosmos put together-this material cosmos is only a fragmental part of His energy and is created maintained and destroyed bye Him who controlls everything-every single atom is controled bye the Supreme personality of Godhead and some day after many many lifetimes when you realize that material happiness wont really satisfy tou-then you will use what your intellegence is realy for and you will inquire about the Supreme-we are traped in nescience and our original state of bliss and knowledge is covered bye illusion- just like a cloud covers the sun-the sun cant be seen but it is still there shining-so we will return to our original state of pure consioussness-ah bliss

Last edited by dobeable; 03-25-2010 at 07:41 PM..

Old 03-25-2010, 08:34 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,022,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post

and when you find out look deep inside and ask youself are you truly happy-and i dont mean happiness from any outside source like sex,drugs, rock n roll,or money or anything but how blissfull do you feel on the inside without the need of any material gain or pleasure-if your happiness is temporary then you have not found real happiness -the soul will never find happiness in temporary things so go forth my freind and try learn the meaning of existence and dont bother with looking for theorys on how we got here because your just waisting your time and you cant prove it anyway just like i cant prove to you God exists but through my own experiences ive found something far more precious than all this material cosmos put together-this material cosmos is only a fragmental part of His energy and is created maintained and destroyed bye Him who controlls everything-every single atom is controled bye the Supreme personality of Godhead and some day after many many lifetimes when you realize that material happiness wont really satisfy tou-then you will use what your intellegence is realy for and you will inquire about the Supreme-we are traped in nescience and our original state of bliss and knowledge is covered bye illusion- just like a cloud covers the sun-the sun cant be seen but it is still there shining-so we will return to our original state of pure consioussness-ah bliss
This is diverting away from the thread topic of evolution/problems with Id onto the philosophical stances of atheists(which you would do well to actually research first.) I would suggest starting a thread on the topic. I will say though that atheism isn't the pursuit of fleeting pleasures. Atheists find happiness/contentment through real people and real things rather than gods or religion.

I'm also wondering if you use the 'power' of prayer rather than modern medicine to cure diseases. Evolutionary biology is used to create medicines that help to cure a multitude of ailments.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:02 PM

310 posts, read 590,476 times
Baket and Dobeable, I apologize for not responding but I find it impossible to do so as neither of you appear to live on the same planet that I do. Have fun in your worlds of make-believe. I'll stay grounded here in reality.

Old 03-26-2010, 01:26 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,108,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post

Now that is truly funny.

Why study evolution and/or the origins of life instead of studying why I exist.

That bears repeating:

Quote:
ask youself are you truly happy-and i dont mean happiness from any outside source like sex,drugs, rock n roll,or money or anything but how blissfull do you feel on the inside without the need of any material gain
I have and I am, and without god I might add.

What you fail to understand, is that the search for truth about life and the cosmos, through science - even from my amateur and casual explorations - is wonderfully fulfilling without the mythology distractions, which in your case blinds you to even the most elementary facts.

Quote:
-ah bliss
Ah ignorance!

Old 03-26-2010, 02:17 AM

33,574 posts, read 37,202,082 times
From Thomas Gray's poem, “Ode on a Distant Prospect of Eton College” : “Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.” Quite suitable isn't it?

Old 03-26-2010, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Now that is truly funny.

That bears repeating:

I have and I am, and without god I might add.

What you fail to understand, is that the search for truth about life and the cosmos, through science - even from my amateur and casual explorations - is wonderfully fulfilling without the mythology distractions, which in your case blinds you to even the most elementary facts.

Ah ignorance!
how you came into existence and why you exist are two different things but ill leave it to ya and ill agree to disagree with your theorys
im sure your a genuine person and i hope life treats ya well- as for me i cant rule out the God concept as their is too much intellegent design gone into life and from my own experiences He's very real and if you can prove that He's not then i might have to reconsider but material science will never be able to do that because God is transcendental to this plane of existence but He's been here many times and that cant be ruled out either- and their seems to be condradictory science that goes against the theorys also

Old 03-26-2010, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
From Thomas Gray's poem, “Ode on a Distant Prospect of Eton College” : “Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.” Quite suitable isn't it?
thats so true-it makes me feel alot better now

Old 03-26-2010, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balvenie View Post
Baket and Dobeable, I apologize for not responding but I find it impossible to do so as neither of you appear to live on the same planet that I do. Have fun in your worlds of make-believe. I'll stay grounded here in reality.
theres higher realitys than this temporary existence-have fun yourself

Old 03-26-2010, 06:13 AM

354 posts, read 750,027 times
you fail to understand that your so called evolution just might be one of the many intelligent design based on our solar system's observation of life. ok whatever.

Last edited by baket; 03-26-2010 at 06:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality