Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2010, 11:07 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,996,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
The first link shows a contradiction in the figures.

"According to the Jewish Agency for Israel, as of 2007 there were 13–14 million Jews worldwide, 5.4 million of whom lived in Israel, 5.3 million in the United States, and the remainder distributed in communities of varying sizes around the world; this represents 0.2% of the current estimated world population.[1] (Other sources cite higher estimates. For example, the Israel Central Bureau of Statistics estimates the number of Israeli Jews to be 5.6 million and the U.S. Census Bureau estimates the American Jewish population to be as many as 6.4 million"

6.4 million in America beats 5.6 million in Israel in my book.

The second link which you have cited as "latest statistics" says ....

Approximately 37% of worldwide Jewry lives in Israel.
North America = 46%
Europe = 12%
South America = 5%

By my reckoning that makes 37% living in Israel and 63% living in other places.

So either way you look at it, there are still more Jews living outside of Israel than inside which means, as Sanspeur pointed out, that your claim that ......

"the greatest number of Jews, will now be found in Israel, and Jerusalem"

......is false.

Well done old chap. Your own links prove you wrong.
Well, the question was not about other places old chap. It was about the precentage of Jewish people in Israel, and America. And the demographics show us, that the vast majority of Jews will be in Israel in the next 20 to 30 years. Your other places, has nothing to do with the orginal question. So your belief that my own link proves me wrong. Is a myth.
I would also point out, that Jews are now beginning to return from China and India. And as the Bible tells us, the Jewish people would be returning to ISRAEL from the four corners of the earth near the end of time. So without question, since Israel is the main depository of Jewish citizens on the planet. Israel will be the place where the vast majority of Jewish people will be found in the future.

Last edited by Campbell34; 03-28-2010 at 11:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 11:23 AM

33,633 posts, read 37,297,869 times
You are twisting and ignoring facts, as usual, But let me ask what this has to do with the topic, Evolution/Design and problems with the design argument?

Old 03-28-2010, 11:28 AM

31,384 posts, read 37,166,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
And the demographics show us, that the vast majority of Jews will be in Israel in the next 20 to 30 years.
What demographics would those be?

Only 37% of the world's Jews live in Israel, and Israel population is increasing by on 1.3%. On top of that, in the next 20 - 30 year the Arab Israeli population will equal that of Israeli Jews.

Quote:
I would also point out, that Jews are now beginning to return from China and India.
The majority of Indian Jews have already immigrated to Israel, a whopping 75,000! As for Chinese Jews, all the Jews living in Asian amount to no more than .05% of the world's Jews.

Quote:
So without question, since Israel is the main depository of Jewish citizens on the planet.
Just plain wrong!

The Jewish Population of the World

Old 03-28-2010, 11:32 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,915,897 times
Quote:
Well, the question was not about other places old chap. It was about the precentage of Jewish people in Israel, and America.
No it wasn't old bean. It was about your claim that.....

....... the greatest number of Jews, will now be found in Israel, and Jerusalem,...." (Post 241)

As we and even your own links have shown you, 37% of world Jews live in Israel and 63% live elsewhere in the world so "the greatest number of Jews" are not to be found in Israel and Jerusalem as you clearly stated. But if you want to move the goalposts and restrict it to Israel and USA, your second link, which you boast as being "latest statistics", categorically state that Israel has 37% and the Americas have 51% (46% in North America and 5% in South America).

So, ever so sorry old horse but your claim can't be described as anything but an EPIC FAIL.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:40 AM

9,496 posts, read 12,957,712 times
You ignored my post, Tom. To remind everyone, your off-topic prophecy commentary is simply that the Jews shall return to Israel, not just a comparo with the US, and which, in fact, they are not doing by your claimed millions, as my link showed, but in the low tens of thousands. Most of Israels' population increase simply comes from native Jewish births, which are now being easily outstripped by the Arab birth rate.

The country's population growth rate is stabilizing, and the numbers from immigrant Jews is not going to increase, but is, rather, decreasing. All provable, but of course you won't read the links, even though mine was from an Israeli source.

Oooops. So.... what's your next big prophecy?

Don't go dodging your own statements. You prophecy a mass return to Israel, and it isn't going to happen. Even if it does, it could be claimed to be a self-fulfilling prophecy, and hardly unambiguous. Anyone care to look into the demographics of Jewish population growth in other countries as well as in Israel? What if, oh no, they continue to flourish in other countries as well, and choose, as many now have, to avoid going to a possible future hell hole?

Biblical prophecy aside, Intelligent Design is a demonstrable farce. There. Simple enough, huh?

Old 03-28-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
What demographics would those be?

Only 37% of the world's Jews live in Israel, and Israel population is increasing by on 1.3%. On top of that, in the next 20 - 30 year the Arab Israeli population will equal that of Israeli Jews.

The majority of Indian Jews have already immigrated to Israel, a whopping 75,000! As for Chinese Jews, all the Jews living in Asian amount to no more than .05% of the world's Jews.

Just plain wrong!

The Jewish Population of the World

What is plain wrong, is you are using a population scale from 2006 for (TODAY). We are talking here about demographics, and projections of the future. And according to a recent study. Between the years 2020 to 2040 the majority of Jews will be living in Israel rather than in the Diaspora, where communities are aging. You can read this on page 5 of the link below.

Jewish Temples - World Jewish Population and Temple Directory

Old 03-28-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
You ignored my post, Tom. To remind everyone, your off-topic prophecy commentary is simply that the Jews shall return to Israel, not just a comparo with the US, and which, in fact, they are not doing by your claimed millions, as my link showed, but in the low tens of thousands. Most of Israels' population increase simply comes from native Jewish births, which are now being easily outstripped by the Arab birth rate.

The country's population growth rate is stabilizing, and the numbers from immigrant Jews is not going to increase, but is, rather, decreasing. All provable, but of course you won't read the links, even though mine was from an Israeli source.

Oooops. So.... what's your next big prophecy?

Don't go dodging your own statements. You prophecy a mass return to Israel, and it isn't going to happen. Even if it does, it could be claimed to be a self-fulfilling prophecy, and hardly unambiguous. Anyone care to look into the demographics of Jewish population growth in other countries as well as in Israel? What if, oh no, they continue to flourish in other countries as well, and choose, as many now have, to avoid going to a possible future hell hole?

Biblical prophecy aside, Intelligent Design is a demonstrable farce. There. Simple enough, huh?

Your right rifleman, we need to get back on topic. Let me just leave you with this. According to a recent study. Because of the aging demographics worldwide. The vast majority of Jewish people will be found in Israel between the years 2020 and 2040. Page 5 of the lower link.

http://www.jewishtemples.org/

Intelligent Design is really the only logical way to view are complex world rifleman. And utill you can explain how such advanced bilogical systems can evolve with such highly sophisticated eletrical circutry, and without any intelligent Desinger. Well, I will always believe your belief could only be embraced by the non logical.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:19 PM

108 posts, read 175,732 times
Interesting. This stuff seems out of synch with the OP's question about Intelligent Design, but I did happen on this news report this morning while looking up other stuff for Campbell34's other post about proven prophecies.

Poll: 75 percent of Israelis want to be in EU - Israel News, Ynetnews

It says that fully 11 % of Jews in Israel would emmigrate to Europe (exit Israel) if they could. Hardly the stuff of a prophesied migration into the promised land by the world's Jews in anticipation of The End Times. Turns out they'd rather be in Berlin or London!

Old 03-28-2010, 12:21 PM

33,633 posts, read 37,297,869 times
The fundamental problem with intelligent design as science is that intelligent design claims cannot be tested. Scientific testing requires that there be some set of phenomena which are incompatible with your idea. No observation could possibly be incompatible with a claim that an “intelligent agent” (whom everyone recognizes as God) acted to, say, introduce information into a system. Untestable claims are not scientific claims. Regardless of their attractiveness as religious ideas (although many people of faith strongly reject intelligent design) intelligent design has not passed muster as science.

Expelled Exposed: Why Expelled Flunks » Intelligent Design

Old 03-28-2010, 12:31 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,915,897 times
Quote:
Your right rifleman, we need to get back on topic.
Much better to say, 'Hey! I was wrong'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality