Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 03:42 AM

23,289 posts, read 10,599,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I have been reading some things suggesting Jesus believed and taught reincarnation. The theory goes that suggestions of reincarnation were removed from the gospels much later by the early Catholic church with the devious intent of using the church as a large scale social control device, which was much easier to achieve if the people believed they only had one shot at life and were in imminent danger of going to hell.

Here's a summary of the supposed evidence:
VNN Editorial - Jesus And Reincarnation

Of course, this could be just another case of people seeing what they want to see in their own interpretations of scripture.

What do y'all think?
One day somebody was going to church and studying the bible and learning, maybe became a preacher, and they died.

Now they come to people on this Earth and there is a spiritual warfare going inside a person that is made up of two kingdoms of two spirits, the idea is to know the difference. The disciples who wanted to call fire down from heaven, Jesus said,'' You speak from your father Satan,'' because they did, and they were following and learning from Jesus.

Genesis 3:4,5 And the serpent said to the woman, You shall not surely die…

Micaiah Prophesies against Ahab
…20"Then a spirit came forward and stood before the LORD and said, 'I will entice him.' And the LORD said to him, 'How?' 21"He said, 'I will go and be a deceiving spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.' Then He said, 'You are to entice him and prevail also. Go and do so.' 22"Now therefore, behold, the LORD has put a deceiving spirit in the mouth of these your prophets, for the LORD has proclaimed disaster against

Revelation 13:14 And deceives them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles …
Revelation 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters

Spirits come and go, ever wonder where they came from?

There is an army of the Lord and even a man whose eyes were opened to see an army of the Lord, and they were specifically there for every member in the other army. Each one of the army of the Lord went inside each person of the army of the enemy and made them blind.

I think God just grows himself, he plants seeds and others grown them, and there are many workers needed.

I don't see heaven as a place you sit around singing, I see the universe filled with billions of planets of people and a bible on every single one of them and all of them waiting on a son of God to come and die.

If God is ever expanding, then this would be the plan and people are studying to be whispering spirits guiding people in good ways and in bad ways.

I tell each one to get lost, and bring me somebody in higher authority and I laugh at them as well, they just think they know the bible, the unclean spirits that they are. I think there are trillions of bible thumpers that died, and still come to teach what they were wrong about in the first place. They try and look over my shoulder but I kick them out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2018, 04:48 AM

14 posts, read 8,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
Yes, Judaism has afterlife = olam haba
Yes, Judaism has reincarnation = gilgulim

they are not the same thing
Judaism has both.
This concept was born only in the 16th century ad by Isaac Luria (1534-1572).

Old 04-14-2018, 04:59 AM

This passage speaks about the False Nero.

Old 04-14-2018, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Jews believe that the 5 books that constitute Torah (as opposed to Tanach which Christians know as the Old Testament) were given by Moses on inspiration from God.
Your opinion is very valuable and important to us.

PS.
I believe I'm Emperor Palpatine, but my psychiatrist doubts.

Last edited by VovaLee; 04-14-2018 at 06:07 AM..

Old 04-14-2018, 05:24 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,658,031 times
Quote:
Jews believe that the 5 books that constitute Torah (as opposed to Tanach which Christians know as the Old Testament) were given by Moses on inspiration from God.
ty nate, is it collection of 5 books or more like 5 chapters of a book?

Old 04-14-2018, 06:22 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,978,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
ty nate, is it collection of 5 books or more like 5 chapters of a book?
It is the first 5 books of what we call the Old Testament: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus. Numbers and Deuteronomy.
btw for you and VovaLee, I was by no means stating my opinion on the proposition, just explaining what Judaism (and most Christians) teach.

Old 04-14-2018, 07:24 AM

Quote:
It is the first 5 books of what we call the Old Testament: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus. Numbers and Deuteronomy.
btw for you and VovaLee, I was by no means stating my opinion on the proposition, just explaining what Judaism (and most Christians) teach.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Documentary_hypothesis

"The majority of scholars today continue to recognise Deuteronomy as a source, with its origin in the law-code produced at the court of Josiah as described by De Wette, subsequently given a frame during the exile (the speeches and descriptions at the front and back of the code) to identify it as the words of Moses. Most scholars also agree that some form of Priestly source existed, although its extent, especially its end-point, is uncertain. The remainder is called collectively non-Priestly, a grouping which includes both pre-Priestly and post-Priestly material. The final Torah is increasingly seen as a product of the Persian period (539–333 BCE, probably 450–350 BCE), although some would place it somewhat later, in the Hellenistic (333–164 BCE) or even Hasmonean (140–37 BCE) periods – the latter remains a minority view, but the Elephantine papyri, the records of a Jewish colony in Egypt dating from the last quarter of the 5th century BCE, show no knowledge of a Torah or of an exodus. There is also a growing recognition that Genesis developed separately from Exodus-Leviticus-Numbers, and was joined to the story of Moses by the Priestly writer."©

Old 04-14-2018, 08:39 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,978,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VovaLee View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Documentary_hypothesis

"The majority of scholars today continue to recognise Deuteronomy as a source, with its origin in the law-code produced at the court of Josiah as described by De Wette, subsequently given a frame during the exile (the speeches and descriptions at the front and back of the code) to identify it as the words of Moses. Most scholars also agree that some form of Priestly source existed, although its extent, especially its end-point, is uncertain. The remainder is called collectively non-Priestly, a grouping which includes both pre-Priestly and post-Priestly material. The final Torah is increasingly seen as a product of the Persian period (539–333 BCE, probably 450–350 BCE), although some would place it somewhat later, in the Hellenistic (333–164 BCE) or even Hasmonean (140–37 BCE) periods – the latter remains a minority view, but the Elephantine papyri, the records of a Jewish colony in Egypt dating from the last quarter of the 5th century BCE, show no knowledge of a Torah or of an exodus. There is also a growing recognition that Genesis developed separately from Exodus-Leviticus-Numbers, and was joined to the story of Moses by the Priestly writer."©
A worthwhile subject to pursue in its own thread....not this one. You might add in an introduction that the book of Joshua has every indication of a different source for the Law.

Old 04-14-2018, 09:13 AM

88,915 posts, read 85,433,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riyarao View Post
Jesus said that he was “the way, the truth and the life” (John 14:6) and as the apostle Peter said that only Jesus had the words of eternal life (John 6:68)
Gee, nobody's ever quoted THOSE verses on this forum before.

Do you have anything of your own to say?

Old 04-14-2018, 09:50 PM

51,208 posts, read 24,681,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riyarao View Post
Jesus said that he was “the way, the truth and the life” (John 14:6) and as the apostle Peter said that only Jesus had the words of eternal life (John 6:68)
Once again, the quoting of scripture in this context has no meaning.

But if we must:

"There's a sucker born every minute". -- P.T.Barnum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality