Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 08:17 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,024,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioanKid View Post
Well, Genesis is an easy one. At the beginning of Genesis, all that six days of creation and such? -- symbolism.

The next story, Noah and the Ark, is a bit harder. Fun fact: around the time described, other flood myths were also created. We may take that two ways, that the Israelite's version of the flood story is simply generic and a part of their stories, like the creation stories, or that it is based on the great event of the flood of the Bosporus Strait! As you know, the Strait flooded a long, long time ago, and the early humans in the area (you betcha there were humans there) would've certainly talked about such an event. To make their stories of the flood interesting, they add a part about a great hero that saved the world by loading local animals in his boat. And yes, there are other flood stories that incolude such a figure.

The third is Babylon. Babylon, as you know, existed. Whether the described tower did is unknown, but through the ages, as the story of the great city of Babylon is formed, we can assume that like Noah and the Ark it was a bit twisted from reality. Maybe the tower didn't exist, but Babylon did.

The fourth, Abraham. I honestly have no idea about him, but I think he was a real person. Whether he did what was described, that is, found both the Israelites and the ancestors of what would become the Moslems, no idea.

Now let's move on to late Genesis, with the story of Jacob. Jacob was probably real, I'd say. According to the Bible he was a powerful figure in Egypt and was able to lead the Israelites there where they flourished. One may assume that this was possible (that is, a foreigner becoming a politician in the great state of Egypt) because of a temporary coup on Egypt that put foreigners in power. Yes, a real historical event. Whether it is when Jacob existed, I do not know.

Now for Exodus. The Israelites, after the death of Jacob, were being oppressed by Egypt for fear they become too powerful. Therefore, Moses, leader of the twelve tribes of Israel, led them away, across Sinai and north to Canaan. This happened; that is certain. But how it did, unknown. For one thing, why wouldn't the Egyptians record their failure to stop them (the parting of the Red Sea)? That's an easy one. Either it was exaggerated (you can bet on it), or the Egyptians frankly didn't want to record their failure, or both. Anyway, Moses and the Israelites head north for Canaan.

Numbers is teachings; it has census information and laws and such. Some history mixed with it.

Deuteronomy, history.

Joshua, history of more battles, including the Fall of Jericho.

Judges describes the judges of early Israel. They were political and religious leaders. Thye came before Israel's kings.

Samuel spanned the gap between the judges and the kings, the first being Saul. History.

Kings, history.

Chronicles, history.

Ezra and Nehemiah are prophets. We can assume that these contain a mix of history and teachings. The prophets, after all, were God's "messengers" and were involved in both Jewish religion and politics, although reluctantly the latter, as it seems.

Tobit is fictional. It's a great story, though; I really like it myself!

Judith is fictional. It's based on history, though. The wars up to the point where Judith is described are true; it's Judith that is fictional.

Esther is hostorical.

Maccabees is history.

I am unsure about Job. I am going to say, though, that it is fiction, just to be safe.

Psalms is poetry and such. Very nice, too! I think it could be classed as teaching.

Proverbs, teaching.

Wisdom is teaching.

Sirach is similar to Wisdom in that it is teaching.

Isaiah is prophetic, therefore it is teaching. Same for Jeremiah, although it has some history to it.

Lamentations is history.

Baruch, Ezekiel, and Daniel are all teaching and history.

Hosea and Joel are teaching.

Amos and Obadiah are teaching.

Jonah is fiction. Again, great story anyway!

Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, and Haggai are teaching.

Zechariah is symbolic teaching.

Malachi is teaching.

A thousand pardons if I have made mistakes in this quick summary. It was done rather hastily. I did research it, but I cannot cross-reference any of my findings. Please, correct me if you see a mistake in there. I hope this helps.
the Bible certainly can be complicating.
thank you for the reply!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 09:58 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,889,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
the thing is... we really do not know how old the pyramids are, ....
Yes we do.

Quote:
.....there is no mortar and dating the stones of course would do no good.
Why ever not?

Quote:
the sphinx appears to have been completly submerged and the demarcation lines of erosion go nearly to the capstone of the great pyramid.
Says who?

So what do you think is the reason for the erosion?

Old 04-29-2010, 10:00 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,563,006 times
that is a fair question. and probably bek the bible is a heavily edited book-- its literature not a history or geography book. literature designed to teach moral lessons.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Yes we do.

Why ever not?

Says who?

So what do you think is the reason for the erosion?
u sir are certainly correct, there is mortar, mortar of unkown origin.Great Pyramid Facts and Statistics - Crystalinks
as i stated before the etiology of the erosion appears to be water with a noted appreciation given for wind and silicon-sand erosion.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
u sir are certainly correct, there is mortar, mortar of unkown origin.
I'm getting confused here. Your claim was that we couldn't date the stones....but we can!!

Quote:
as i stated before the etiology of the erosion appears to be water with a noted appreciation given for wind and silicon-sand erosion.
...but are you claiming that the erosion was caused by the water from the Biblical flood???

Old 04-29-2010, 12:49 PM

quote=Huckleberry3911948;13958597][that is a fair question.[/quote]thank you.

quote=Huckleberry3911948;13958597][and probably bek the bible is a heavily edited book-- its literature not a history or geography book.[/quote]

quote=Huckleberry3911948;13958597][literature designed to teach moral lessons.[/quote]
it's also serves as the base for our legal systems i.e. code of hammurabi/mosiac laws etc..
so i guess it is a living piece of moral literature.

Last edited by gabfest; 04-29-2010 at 12:51 PM.. Reason: quotations

Old 04-30-2010, 11:13 AM

2,981 posts, read 5,466,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmadison2 View Post
Umm... did you read and understand the theory?
I have and have read the book. That the pyramid was built as a machine is Dunn's theory which he demonstrates the reasoning behind, to harness power from the earth.
That the power generated by the pyramid from the earth was electric and could energize the entire world is a provable theory, for even Tesla knew that electric power was as free as air, and available to all the world from one central point by building a tower to harvest it with, and send it out from.

That the pyramid generated electromagnetic energy is also a testable theory and it has been tested.

That the pyramid was built after the flood and before the dark age of the earth [which was sent by God upon the inhabitants of the world at the Tower of Babel rebellion] is the most likely time of its being built, when the pre-flood technology was known by Noah and his sons and their descendants.

At the time of the tower of Babel rebellion, God confounded/mingled up the one mother tongue; shortened the life span of the race of Adam; and scattered the race of Adam over the globe, by dividing the one land mass up by the waters of separation.
All those three things began at the overthrow of the tower of Babel, and they increased as men multiplied. Lifespans became shorter and shorter until they settled at the biblical 70 years [more years only increases trouble, as Moses wrote], and the land mass began dividing up until it was done to what we have today, and the mother tongue continued to branch out and leaf out from the seventy at Babel.

The dark age did not overpower all men on all the globe at one time, but it became darker and darker, brought about by the breaking up of the tongue into the many; the breaking up of the land mass into the many; and the shortening of the lives of the race of Adam to less and less years, until it settled to what it has been for more than a couple millennia.

True world history confirms all this, and so does the Word of God, for Solomon, wrote:
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it [is that] which shall be; and that which is done [is] that which shall be done: and [there is] no new [thing] under the sun.Ecc 1:10 Is there [any] thing whereof it may be said, See, this [is] new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us. Ecc 1:11 [There is] no remembrance of former [things]; neither shall there be [any] remembrance of [things] that are to come with [those] that shall come after.

Gen 11:5 And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded. Gen 11:6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people [is] one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. Gen 11:7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech. Gen 11:8 So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city. Gen 11:9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

The Correct Record/Book of Jasher
chapter 9:32-39
And God said to the seventy angels who stood foremost before him, to those who were near to him, saying, Come let us descend and confuse their tongues, that one man shall not understand the language of his neighbor, and they did so unto them.

And from that day following, they forgot each man his neighbor's tongue, and they could not understand to speak in one tongue, and when the builder took from the hands of his neighbor lime or stone which he did not order, the builder would cast it away and throw it upon his neighbor, that he would die.
And they did so many days, and they killed many of them in this manner.
And the Lord smote the three divisions that were there, and he punished them according to their works and designs; those who said, We will ascend to heaven and serve our gods, became like apes and elephants; and those who said, We will smite the heaven with arrows, the Lord killed them, one man through the hand of his neighbor; and the third division of those who said, We will ascend to heaven and fight against him, the Lord scattered them throughout the earth.
And those who were left amongst them, when they knew and understood the evil which was coming upon them, they forsook the building, and they also became scattered upon the face of the whole earth.

And they ceased building the city and the tower; therefore he called that place Babel, for there the Lord confounded the Language of the whole earth; behold it was at the east of the land of Shinar.

And as to the tower which the sons of men built, the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up one third part thereof, and a fire also descended from heaven and burned another third, and the other third is left to this day, and it is of that part which was aloft, and its circumference is three days' walk.

And many of the sons of men died in that tower, a people without number.
chapter 10
Book of Jasher 10

Jasher chapter 7:19,20
These are the generations of Shem; Shem begat Arpachshad and Arpachshad begat Shelach, and Shelach begat Eber and to Eber were born two children, the name of one was Peleg, for in his days the sons of men were divided, and in the latter days, the earth was divided.
And the name of the second was Yoktan, meaning that in his day the lives of the sons of men were diminished and lessened.

In the millennial reign, the curse will be gone, and men will again live long lives on the earth, even reaching the thousand years that Adam would have lived nd then been translated to the glory body, if he had not fallen; and there will be no more death for the righteous, only for sinners. Isaiah says their days will be as the days of a tree.

In the millennial reign, the divided tongue will return to its roots, for YHWH says He will return the pure language to the people.
Zep 3:9 For then will I turn to the people/the nations, a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.

Last edited by yeshuasavedme; 04-30-2010 at 11:21 AM..

Old 04-30-2010, 11:26 AM

https://www.city-data.com/forum/attac...1&d=1272648454
Attached Thumbnails
why is there no Biblical mentionings of the pyramids?-picard_wtf.jpg  

Old 04-30-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
I'm getting confused here. Your claim was that we couldn't date the stones....but we can!!

...but are you claiming that the erosion was caused by the water from the Biblical flood???
the stones that were quarried and brought to the site of coures were thousands if not millions of years old before excavation.... but i'am interested if you say you have the knowledge of the thier exact age.

no i'am not claiming it was the Biblical flood. i don't know whose flood it was.

addenum: i stood correcting on the mortar, that's why i said you were correct sir.

Last edited by gabfest; 04-30-2010 at 12:12 PM.. Reason: addenum

Old 04-30-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
if this is your form of communique...don't bother yourself next time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality