Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2010, 11:25 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,687,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Of course, you fully ignore the historical accounts that speak of the Ark being fully exposed. So what tunneling would a bird have to do, if the Ark was a full thirty feet or more above ground level? Historical eyewitiness accounts speak of how the snow around the Ark from time to time and during very hot summers does melt back.

Of course common sense would tell you, that the eruption occured many years ago, the straw was place there in a more recent time.

Your logic is pretty much based on nonsense, and appears you have not thought out your arguement very well here.

That would be because there are none.

There are none. GLACIERS DONT MELT LIKE THAT AND FORM THAT QUICK.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:37 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,964,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
GLACIERS DONT MELT LIKE THAT AND FORM THAT QUICK.
They do when magic is involved. Get with the program!

Old 05-05-2010, 12:36 PM

33,575 posts, read 37,209,077 times
Quote:
Of course common sense would tell you, that the eruption occured many years ago, the straw was place there in a more recent time.
What? Was the straw placed on the ash that remained? The fact that Ararat erupted more than once since the time of the so called great flood negates the possibility of any wood structure surviving...Hence even if there once was a great boat (There wasn't) near the peak of the volcano, she ain't there now....Gonna need some really powerful magic now.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:31 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,650,877 times
Quote:
The hay is present, because it most likely came from birds that nested in the Ark from recent times. The Ark has not always been covered by snow and ice. Only now does it appear below ground level.
Birds brought the straw in for nesting? I think birds are a little smarter than that. Even if the ice and snow had melted enough for access to the interior, it would still be far too wet and soggy for any birds to fly in to start building nests. The straw shown in the image looks bone dry. You seem to be grasping at straws in order to convince yourself.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:33 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,687,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
What? Was the straw placed on the ash that remained? The fact that Ararat erupted more than once since the time of the so called great flood negates the possibility of any wood structure surviving...Hence even if there once was a great boat (There wasn't) near the peak of the volcano, she ain't there now....Gonna need some really powerful magic now.
Yet the volcano killed thousands of people destroyed three or four villages and a temple, yet a wood boat remains. Yea. Magic needed for this one.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:25 PM

1,132 posts, read 1,942,330 times
Quote:
And I keep telling you, the Ark was not always covered by a glacier. It's obvious, you have ignored that part of my arguement. The Ark was not covered with ice in the years 1906, 1917, and in the 1940s, and this may of been the case in other years as well.

Being an adaptable and diverse group of animals, spiders can be found (IN A WIDE VARIETY OF PLACES). When you set out to learn to identify spiders, (REMEMBER THEY CAN BE FOUND ALMOST ANYWHERE!) Spiders can be found in areas including forest, woodlands, (MOUNTAINS), deserts, ect. So please, don't come here telling us that there is no possible way spiders could be found in the Ark.

Identify Spiders: A How-to Guide
My whole response was about which spiders could live at 13,000 feet on a Turkish mountain. That was precisely what you asked my to prove.

To make sure you don't ignore the whole argument again, I'll lay this out very simply. When you get past point one, go to point two, and so on. That way you won't miss my argument and become confused.

1. You posted a list of spiders that live in Turkey, asking me to prove that they couldn't live at that altitude.

2. I did so. There were two families containing 33 species that could live at that altitude.

3. None of those 33 species spin webs as shown in the picture.

4. When a glacier recedes or grows, it continues to be made of ice.

5. None of those spiders live on, above or in ice.

Therefore, your argument failed - for two different reasons.

Those were my points. How exactly does "the ark wasn't always encased in ice" answer any of those? Even if you remain convinced that the glacier somehow receded my humndred of feet (without flooding everything), you still haven't answered the other points.

Old 05-05-2010, 03:01 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,592,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
AGAIN?

I'm Spartacus!

NO!

I'm Spartacus.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:35 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,936,277 times
Default Rules of Engagement

1. Make a classically indefensible statement

2. When it's broadly questioned, just repeat the statement, infuriating the once-calm and interested debaters.

3. When details are singled out for honest discussion, make stuff up to support your point.

4. When the now-less polite responders go after the details, and prove them wrong beyond any doubt, ignore their points and just restate the stuff you made up or mis-quoted.

5. When the once pleasant and educated debaters go ballistic, just repeat your first or second points to REALLY get 'em riled up, and gloatingly smirk to yourself that you won!

6. Start another silly-point thread a few weeks later, using a previously discredited and debunked point. Again.

7. Start @ Point # 1 above, again. Gloat over how very clever you are. Ignore that you are not.

8. Finally, teach this dishonest technique to the youth. Then feel good about God's work.

Old 05-06-2010, 01:28 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,671,220 times
AGAIN God compels all the Atheists on this board to gather and discuss Him.

He now compels them to contemplate the metaphorical story of Noah. A metaphor for God warning us that if we do not listen and do what is needed to shield ourselves from bad things that can destroy us, we will suffer and be destroyed...though it is our free choice to "enter into the Ark" (God) or be "outside it", and "suffer and be destroyed". The story illustrates how ALL the evil people and evil things will be destroyed in the end...that being "in Him" (the Ark) is our only chance to be protected from destruction (the flood)...but that we still have the choice of what to do (like the people in the story that could have listened to Noah, but didn't enter the Ark) in regard to how we act.

Keep logging onto this site and posting to these threads...put in more hours, more days, more weeks, more months, more YEARS...put up ANOTHER thousand posts...The power of God compels you...the blood of Christ compels you...the force of the Holy Spirit compels you...you couldn't stop if you tried with all your will...to do so would be to overcome the power of the entire universe. But let not your heart be troubled...you could not be contemplating anything of greater importance than GOD.

Old 05-06-2010, 01:34 AM

1,132 posts, read 1,942,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
The power of God compels you...the blood of Christ compels you...the force of the Holy Spirit compels you
Are you trying to perform an exorcism?

Either way, nobody's debating the merits of the story.
The only thing I feel compelled to do is debunk ridiculous claims. I guess if that's God's doing, it must be a hoax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality