Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2010, 09:32 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,670,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
You clearly do not read and assimilate other posts here before responding.Agri is simply the Turkish name for Ararat,a point which rifle has already admitted.
Absolutely right. The Ottoman Turkish name for what is called Mt Ararat is Ağrı Daği, Ağrı meaning "pain". In addition, there are two peaks: Greater Ararat and Lesser (or Little) Ararat.
Mount Ararat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-09-2010, 10:21 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,696,634 times
You know I've been following this thread and find it rather amusing, to say the least, but I do have one question that if it were possible for somebody here to give it a straight answer that would make some sense. The question I have is that if it rained for 40 days and 40 nights and all that rain covered the entire world as we know it and then 150 days later this water receded, just exactly where did all that water go when it received? I mean it surely would've taken a whole lot longer than 150 days for all that water to evaporate into thin air, so I wonder if anybody could give a sensible answer to that question? Where did all of that water go?

Old 06-09-2010, 10:24 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,849,628 times
That's easy: but the bible failed volcano myths and stories for the chastity effect I guess.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:28 AM

1,883 posts, read 3,015,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
You know I've been following this thread and find it rather amusing, to say the least, but I do have one question that if it were possible somebody here to give it a straight answer that would make some sense. The question I have is that if it rained for 40 days and 40 nights and all that rain covered the entire world as we know it and then 150 days later this water receded, just exactly where did all that water go when it received? I mean it surely would've taken a whole lot longer than 150 days for all that water to evaporate into thin air, so I wonder if anybody could give a sensible answer to that question? Where did all of that water go?
To give you the answer I have seen,the earth had no oceans then.It was one big landmass.Then the ocean basins collapsed in and let the water that was in them underground come out.Then,of course,all the water drained back into the newly collapsed ocean basins.Or something like this.It always changes as needed to deal with new difficulties.

The fact that the west coast of Africa fits perfectly into the east coast of N and S America,is,of course,a mere coincidence,and not at all indicative of a larger land mass being ripped apart by tectonic plate movement rather than some imagined and invented collapse of the worldwide continents.Neither is the evidence of a mid Atlantic ridge creating new seafloor that spreads both east and west from the faultline as new seafloor is built by the magma.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
To give you the answer I have seen,the earth had no oceans then.It was one big landmass.Then the ocean basins collapsed in and let the water that was in them underground come out.Then,of course,all the water drained back into the newly collapsed ocean basins.Or something like this.It always changes as needed to deal with new difficulties.

The fact that the west coast of Africa fits perfectly into the east coast of N and S America,is,of course,a mere coincidence,and not at all indicative of a larger land mass being ripped apart by tectonic plate movement rather than some imagined and invented collapse of the worldwide continents.Neither is the evidence of a mid Atlantic ridge creating new seafloor that spreads both east and west from the faultline as new seafloor is built by the magma.
okay, trying to put things into perspective here, did this great land mass exist before or after the supposedly great flood?

Old 06-09-2010, 10:44 AM

9,496 posts, read 12,960,708 times
Default Read this, C34. for once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray34iyf View Post
Noah would not have had to bring a male and female for every species of canine for example.. only one kind from the canine group.. probably a wolf like creature... which would have had the genetic potential to lead to all of the species we see today. Just take the domestication of the dog in today's world.

Man took a wild wolf like canine and now we have all the different breeds we see as pets.. the same logic goes for every other animal we see today on earth.

Answ: Domestic dogs are types, not species. Yes, they did arise from interventional breeding. But hyenas are biochemically distinct from, and not capable of breeding with, say, wolves or foxes. Your lack of biological and ecological knowledge is appalling. As it was for the authors of this fairy-tail, who, in their defense, never intended it to be taken literally. They'd be laughing their a$$s off here!

And this leads into your next statement. You're acting as if the physical characteristics and abilities/tolerances of today's animals were the same thousands of years ago. Come on now. As a probably supporter of evolution, you should know better.
Oh. You mean like their need for food and water? and enough space to move around in without being cr@pped on from above? Yep; I assume that. You, on the other hand, assume that some even juvenile starving, dehydrated T-Rexs would peacefully co-exist in a crowded darkened filthy floating barn with some (no, I forgot; just two, in fact...) sheep, and just want to talk about the good old days with them? Riggghhtt...

Fairy tales; so convincing to the young and innocent.

Quote:
So you've got a few skeptical experts in regards to supposedly one of the greatest discoveries in history. You're surprised?
No. I'm just holding them to all the promises they've made, and realizing that this is totally implausible and technically impossible, so the proofs have to be somewhat more convincing than anything they have provided as of yet.

You, however and apparently, are completely convinced, and they haven't even gotten up there yet, and BTW, they missed their own promised PR Conference yesterday.

Really now,what do you think the true chances are that this may not ever happen, because no-one will want to tie the anchor of complete fakery to their own hind leg, and then jump off the ship with these pikers? BTW #2: have you sent in your donation? Why the hell not?

Quote:
LOL! code for, I'm wrong so I'm just going to ignore what you posted. Good one!
No; this is code for: when cornered with a better answer, or a more logical response, run, hide, insult and deflect. Do not ever admit you've been bested."

There. Better?

Quote:
And again, I have no problem with what you are referring to as micro-evolution. As I see it, God created man perfect and when he fell, sin entered the world. Organisms went from their perfect state to a state that was ever changing and allowing of mutations or faults. This leads to speciation. This is not a matter of whether or not speciation occurs. It's a matter of whether or not you believe the earth is thousands of years old or billions of years old.

Yep! Proven, again and again.

"Evolution" that has been observed is no problem for a Christian viewpoint what so ever. This has been scientifically observed and proven. The millions of years evolution that many of you claim is merely speculative and has not been observed, therefore is far from being a "fact".

Let's see: we have fossils of animals that clearly no longer exist (seen any Bronto/Apatosaurs or T-Rexs recently? With or without saddles? We've successfully dated them, and found them deep within the geological column at the exact levels we predicted they'd be. now they are gone, and other, morphologically related animals are in their places.

Hmmm. Thimk thimk, as that loveable bear used to say...

Quote:
Sorry for being unclear. I was referring to the fact that all of the different "kinds" had the genetic potential to lead to all of the different species we see within those kinds. ie: common ancestor to all of the canines we see, common ancestor to all of the felines.. etc, etc.
Still, there's way more than 800 types. Sorry. Oh, and would you PLEASE address the issues of foood and water resources upon disembarkation? what about species-specific foods? Or did every organisms exist happily on salty water and unflavored snow cones for their sustenance?

Finally, what about basic population dynamics and the need for a minimum sustainable population number for reproductive success? just two does'nt cut it, and you know it! Or did you miss that lecture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evofreaks View Post
how can they call it a fraud? it was only made public last april? u mean in a few month's time they already conducted a thorough study of the evidence? that they ACTUALLY went to the site? highly unlikely.
Wrong. This was first done in 2006, and duly reported way back then. Have you not even visited their silly site? Apparently not; you just leap from bad post to bad post, and re-chant your same stuff.

Well, fact are, they have only been there once, 4 years ago, and then a really bad and unconvincing video was provided to the media. They also claimed to have taken the wood samples back to a noted Hong Kong University, which they would not name (Huh? Why not?), but in fact the samples were checked in a lab in Iran. Why the lies, right off the bat?

Then, finally, they never produced their promised report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well of course you would believe a link that can't even give the correct name for the mountain where Noahs Ark Ministeries found the Ark rifleman. Clearly, every newspaper and the group in question will tell you, it was found on Mt. Ararat. And not Mount Argi. I did not assume anything rifleman, (YOU DID). And your assumption was wrong.

1) I only read what the link at NAMI said, Tom. And 2), as lifer notes, you obviously do not read the follow-ups anyone provides, which explains a lot of your online behavior.

I openly, highlighted in red, and boxed for clarity, apologized. You missed it. The fact remains; the NAMI itself link references the mountain as Agri, not ARARAT. Their statement, not mine. In that same link, the concerns of the Turkish Government are also noted; you ignore them as well.

Finally, in that same clink, I also asked you to finally answer the questions of simple logic, which you will not.

Case closed on you, in fact.

I actually believe all the other reports, while it appears you have ignore them. Maybe you do need a good night sleep after all. I will leave you a link here. And there are about 20 newpapers that all state they found the ark on (MT. ARARAT). If you can't even understand such a simple fact, how could you ever believe you are right about evolution? LOL

NoahsArkSearch.net - Breaking News of Noahs Ark Search Network (http://www.noahsarksearch.net/eng/press.php - broken link)
1) They have officially missed their own scheduled PR Conference yesterday. No sign of it anywhere.

2) There's no apparent good source of funding noted on their NAMI site. Wonder why?

3) No schedule is available for the expedition. In fact, no information at all is available anywhere. No summaries, no objective,s no NOTHING!

My guess: it won't go, or it will not have any credible team members. The last one, Dr. Price, got burned by their lies and retreats, after he exposed it as a total hoax.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:57 AM

9,496 posts, read 12,960,708 times
Default "Credible"? You call this "Credible"?

RE: Your link:

NoahsArkSearch.net - Breaking News of Noahs Ark Search Network (http://www.noahsarksearch.net/eng/press.php - broken link)

This is very old stuff now. They do not even provide dates for their critical press conferences, and they never provide English translations, so how do you know what's going on, Tom? You speak Mandarin Chinese?

1) They still reference their original old expedition results. Which provide, essentially nothing of scientific value. Just pics of old wood in a barn.

2) They refuse to provide anyone with a perspective. I ask any reader here to go to their Inquiries address button and simply request a prospectus on this planned expedition, including the names of accredited scientists onboard, and their funding sources so far. This is in no way asking too much of someone who is asking you to donate, and is in fact standard project proposal protocol.

3) Ask them when their summary report will be provided to the public.

4) Make sure you offer to help fund it if you are convinced of it's veracity and objectives.

Then, wait. And wait.

(PS: T'ain't gonna happen! Not "credibly" anyways. IMVHO)

Old 06-09-2010, 11:01 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,920,428 times
Quote:
I mean it surely would've taken a whole lot longer than 150 days for all that water to evaporate into thin air, so I wonder if anybody could give a sensible answer to that question? Where did all of that water go?
Umm! Sorry, there is no "sensible" answer to that question. The only answer you will get will involve 'Magic'.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Umm! Sorry, there is no "sensible" answer to that question. The only answer you will get will involve 'Magic'.
as I suspected, it seems as though even some of the most simplest questions can't seem to be answered by those that believe in their sacred book, I suspect it's just a book of fairy tales and lies....

Old 06-09-2010, 11:32 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,920,428 times
Quote:
I suspect it's just a book of fairy tales and lies....
That's two of us then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality