Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 04:32 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic235 View Post
What about women? Are they made in the image of rib?
Man was made in the image of God. Man includes woman since woman came out of man. They were created in the image of God.

The bible says: "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them" (Gen 1:27)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspiringmind View Post
Yum huh?

I asked a friend whom I go to church with about the whole ideal about that if Adam and Eve were the only people on earth then how did their children populate the earth without incest? She called her Mom who said that Adam and Eve were created in God's image, but that there were other humans who already lived on the earth.

Even if we take this as truth, I have a few other questions.

Why were the people on the earth already not considered to be living in sin if they were made in God's image? Did someone other creator make them?

How then did Noah and his family repopulate the earth without incest? Definitely can not say that there was any one else on the earth after the flood.

And then why do people keep telling me that God said later that incest was not ok and is now a sin, but way back when he started Adam and Eve and the whole flood thing with Noah he thinks it is okay?

I never liked the answer I got from people though on that.

Cause God can do anything he wants.

Sounds like some child who wants to play a game and then change the rules right in the middle to fit his need to win.
Adam married himself (technically), Cain the son of Adam married his sister. Noah's three sons: Shem, Ham and Jaseph took wives from the population before the flood. But it was common to take your sister as a wife in the early days of the earth. Even Abraham married his half sister Sarah. It wasn't until the time of Moses that God gave the law and specifically the laws about marrying close relations.

Old 05-13-2010, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspiringmind View Post
Amen to that...

I can't imagine that people actually say that God did this like 5,000 years ago when there is proof that humanoids were here 100,000 years ago. Then we get into the "our time is different then God's time", as in God's day is really a 1,000 earth years.

I want to know how God created Adam and Eve and had them living side by side with the dinosaurs. Cause they would have already been there before Adam and Eve. Did dinosaurs get into the ark too?
So, what is the point you are trying to make? Is this just another Bible-believer bashing post? You claim to make some statement about Adam being the first man. So what is it? Is it you just want to tell us your belief in evolution?

There is no proof that humanoids were here 10k yrs ago!

The bible does say that a 1000 yrs is as a day to God and a day is as a 1000 yrs. But this is in context of waiting for the ungodly to be saved. It is not saying that each of the Genesis days are a literal 1000 yrs. Especially since Genesis clearly states that each day is a literal day. So this idea is an example of distorting scripture to prove something it does not say. Or in other words taking the bible out of context. This is an evil and is how many cults are formed.

As far as dinosaurs on the Ark; Dinosaurs are just lizards or land dwelling animals. These were created on day 6 of the creation week "with" humans as the bible states. Noah took two of every kind of animal on the ark, so that means he took two of each of what we call dinosaurs on the ark as well.

Old 05-13-2010, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Not to mention that Genesis contradicts itself anyway, regarding the order in which things were created.

I don't think I can understand why people NEED for the stories told in religious contexts to be literally true in order to have value.

I knew the Noah's Ark couldn't possibly be literally true (at least not as written) when I was 6. It's not that hard to figure out that two of millions of species cannot fit into an Ark with the dimensions described in the Bible.

Don't even get me started on the genetic issues.

Why does it have to be literally true? It is a parable that teaches a lesson. It is the lesson that is important, not the story.
No, the bible contradicts the way evolutionists say things were created. The bible is clear of how creation happened.

Noah did not take species of animals on the ark! He took "kinds" of animals. What are kinds? like dog/wolf kind or Horse/Donkey kind. From the original two dogs we get the variety of dogs (species as you will) that we have today, but if you look at all of these variants, they are still dogs! Put them all in the same room and after two or three generations they will all look like original dog.

Old 05-13-2010, 05:08 AM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
No, the bible contradicts the way evolutionists say things were created. The bible is clear of how creation happened.

Noah did not take species of animals on the ark! He took "kinds" of animals. What are kinds? like dog/wolf kind or Horse/Donkey kind. From the original two dogs we get the variety of dogs (species as you will) that we have today, but if you look at all of these variants, they are still dogs! Put them all in the same room and after two or three generations they will all look like original dog.
LOL...Yes you would still have dogs, but dogs are a product of men...The original was a wolf...Try this Nikk put some wolves, all the different "kinds" of foxes, coyotes together, throw is a few African wild dogs and see what "kind"comes out...There will only be one "kind". It will be either the wolves, or the African wild dogs...All the rest will have been killed and eaten.....These animals DO NOT interbreed, neither will a horse with a zebra, nor will the various antelope, or deer nor the different bird species...In other words the bible is flat out wrong.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:29 AM

1,932 posts, read 4,793,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
LOL...Yes you would still have dogs, but dogs are a product of men...The original was a wolf...Try this Nikk put some wolves, all the different "kinds" of foxes, coyotes together, throw is a few African wild dogs and see what "kind"comes out...There will only be one "kind". It will be either the wolves, or the African wild dogs...All the rest will have been killed and eaten.....These animals DO NOT interbreed, neither will a horse with a zebra, nor will the various antelope, or deer nor the different bird species...In other words the bible is flat out wrong.
That is strictly your opinion. I believe the bible is not wrong. I believe it is you who is wrong.

Firstly, what I believe Nikk was trying to convey is that the biblical "kinds" is different from what we today call a "species". Yes, there was an original canine kind from which today's wolves, coyotes, domestic and wild dogs originated. Same with the equine kind from which horses and zebras came from. And BTW, there are zorses and zonkeys (zebras bred with a horse or donkey), as well as tigon and liger (lions & tigers interbreeding) and wholphin (whales & dophins). Yes, it's not common today, but this shows that they originated from the same kind. So Noah didn't have to take 2 of each species of horse known today, or 2 of each species of dog, just 2 from each "kind".

As a bible-believing Christian, apparently different than some of the other professing Christians who have posted here, I take God at His word. Adam & Eve were the original, only 2 humans on earth at the time of creation. Jesus confirms this in Mark 10:6 - NIV --"at the beginning", not millions of years afterwards. There is nothing in the bible to indicate there were "spiritless" humanoids prior to Adam & Eve. That is man imposing his ideas onto the scriptures instead of reading what the scriptures actually say.

I know, it's too difficult for such intelligent folks like yourself to understand.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:44 AM

1,301 posts, read 2,110,927 times
A wholphin? Are you kidding?

Whales started out as large animals that walked on land.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:54 AM

1,932 posts, read 4,793,155 times
I believe whales were always sea creatures.

wholphin

zonkey

zorse information

liger

tigon

Old 05-13-2010, 09:53 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
I believe whales were always sea creatures.

wholphin

zonkey

zorse information

liger

tigon

Funny thing, these are forced breeding, in other words, not naturally occurring. I really dont know what your links have anything to do anything.

"Breeding of different branches of the equine family, which does not occur in the wild, results in infertile offspring"
Zonkey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-13-2010, 10:05 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Well, what are ya waitin' fer Raf?! A couple is enough ta keep us amused fer a while...even one! Go find em' and get em postin' here! You think I wanna be the only crazy nutjob around here postin' off-the-wall stuff (unfortunately, it's all true) for everyone to shake their head at?
I have seen 'several' on here that exhibit that level of taking the impossible events from the book as a factual description of real events. Actually more than 'several'. I suspect that it is likely they have never been asked about the number of ribs that a man has in comparison to women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality