Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 07:53 AM

86 posts, read 354,853 times

Advertisements

Already did

I showed the rental office this morning. And on Monday, I plan on going to the daycare I'm using....(I think I will be waitressing very shortly...not sure...didn't offically get hired yet) and showing them this Order...so they can hold my spot for the baby...this daycare...only has "1' spot open in the infant room...and they need me in by August 1st...Wednesday...but I don't have the $$$ until the support comes...so I plan on going there in person showing them the order and praying they keep the spot for me. I can't work until baby has adequate care...so its a catch 22. But we are getting there.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2012, 07:55 AM

Hi Out Cold:

It took almost a year. And this was a grown, over 40 professional male. Who knew a baby was coming since January of 2011. Long, long process. The amount of stress it has caused me, I cannot even tell you.

Between losing my job, moving, having a baby, not finding a job/trying to find a job/interviewing, and finally going through the whole Child support/Custody process...and taking care of this baby...well itsbeen rough. But, I have him...he is my life and I love him.

Last edited by jennieb25; 07-28-2012 at 07:58 AM.. Reason: additional statement

Old 07-28-2012, 07:59 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennieb25 View Post
Already did

I showed the rental office this morning. And on Monday, I plan on going to the daycare I'm using....(I think I will be waitressing very shortly...not sure...didn't offically get hired yet) and showing them this Order...so they can hold my spot for the baby...this daycare...only has "1' spot open in the infant room...and they need me in by August 1st...Wednesday...but I don't have the $$$ until the support comes...so I plan on going there in person showing them the order and praying they keep the spot for me. I can't work until baby has adequate care...so its a catch 22. But we are getting there.....

Excellent!! Landlords want nothing more than to have honest tenants who will actually communicate with them when a problem arises.

Good luck with the daycare and the job.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:37 AM

2,106 posts, read 3,063,077 times
Jennie,
I just read some of the posts on this thread and am APPAULLED of how calloused and rude people responded to you. I apologize for them. I wish we could take away some of their reps, but that isn't possible. You sound like an outstanding mom and you are doing the best you can.

I think those that made comments about you having your MBA and is that beneath you may be jealous that they never had an opportunity to go to grad school. You clearly stated you were looking for odd jobs that most MBA grads would never consider, but given your dire situation you had to do what you had to do.

I commend you and I will say a prayer for you! I am in Fla also and I have empathy for you...not everyone in this world are shallow and calloused.

God Bless you sweetie!!!

Old 07-29-2012, 07:50 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Sounds like this guy is a real douche I hope he does right by you and your son.
Could be... Or he might have a story that's different from hers and be a very nice guy. But that's a different thread.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:51 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Could be... Or he might have a story that's different from hers and be a very nice guy. But that's a different thread.

If he can whip his penis out to make him, he can whip his wallet out to support him.

Old 08-13-2012, 04:28 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godguidemeplease! View Post
Well,that all sounds scarey.I am a single mom of three in my forty's,I am being pushed out of my moms tiny apartment in NY.She says I should go to FL for a easier life style with the kids,I just moved back after 15 years outside the country and need to find a place to live and work asap,before school.I am really freaked out by all the comments regarding Florida.
Give us an update. How are things going?

Did you consider my advice to look at more affordable places with lower unemployment rates like Oklahoma?

Old 08-13-2012, 04:51 PM

17 posts, read 96,269 times
Hi Jennieb25,
What did you ever do??I am a single mom of three kids and thinking to move to Florida,now I am really concerned,it is very expensive here in the north,NYC to be specific.I do have a contact in Disney who was going to help get me a server job.Wouldn't that work?

Old 08-23-2012, 01:30 PM

**Update: I got a job. High School Reading teacher. Full-time, with benefits. Perfect job for me....I will still be able to see my son since I get out at approx. 2:30pm. Also, child support is officially court ordered and income deducted.

I feel blessed to start a new career (I was previously in Human Resources for 12 years). This will be my first time teaching. When I was in college approx. 15 years ago, not only did I get my BA in English...but I got certified to teach. Thank God.

Godguidemeplease - I would not move down here to Florida unless you have a job already lined up or ayears worth of savings. I moved down here and had unemployment compensation, and over a years worth of savings and it still took me 16 months to get Full time work. And te job I am taking is $50,000 less than what I used to make. I'm glad to be working shortly and doing such a rewarding job.

Old 08-23-2012, 03:48 PM

2,957 posts, read 5,904,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennieb25 View Post
**Update: I got a job. High School Reading teacher. Full-time, with benefits. Perfect job for me....I will still be able to see my son since I get out at approx. 2:30pm. Also, child support is officially court ordered and income deducted.

I feel blessed to start a new career (I was previously in Human Resources for 12 years). This will be my first time teaching. When I was in college approx. 15 years ago, not only did I get my BA in English...but I got certified to teach. Thank God.

Godguidemeplease - I would not move down here to Florida unless you have a job already lined up or ayears worth of savings. I moved down here and had unemployment compensation, and over a years worth of savings and it still took me 16 months to get Full time work. And te job I am taking is $50,000 less than what I used to make. I'm glad to be working shortly and doing such a rewarding job.
Nice. Congrats!

You probably already know this, but I would recommend:
1) Dumping your cable TV. It's a good influence for your kids to not be around too much TV, and it costs too much. Keep your internet and use streaming sites/ rentals (iTunes, youtube, redbox), or cheaper pay sites (netflix, hulu), plus an antenna. You will save $40+/ month.

2) Use less AC, get a programmable thermostat to save cooling costs when you are not home. Get energy efficient bulbs, call your landlord for windows that don't close fully.

3) Look into a more fuel efficient car, that is used and see hoe much you can save on gas, insurance, monthly payments. I mean like a 4 year old, 50K toyota Corola.

4) Have at least months of living expenses available, max out your 401K. You were close to homeless, please don't ever get that close again, you have a baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting