Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 02:16 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,026,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by br1n View Post
I don't follow. I've been in apartment building where it appeared it was management policy to post eviction notices on doors if the tenant is a day late with rent. If they pay then the eviction process isn't continued.

Those aren't eviction notices; they are either reminders or 3 day pay or quit notice.

Our rent due on the first...late fees start on the third....3 day pay and quit are posted on the 4th at 0800....eviction proceedings start at 0800 on the 8th day. The eviction notice is taped to the door, by a deputy on the 10th or so day (sometimes the 12th or 14th) and yes, we can all see them and read them.....those notices aren't shy.

It's perfectly legal to post notices on the door...we get them all the time reminding us of pest control, fire service, whatever...not all notices are bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 02:17 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I have never been reminded when my rent is due. I have signed a lease or made a verbal agreement regarding the date the rent is due. Any responsible adult should be able to remember when their rent is due and if it is not paid on time it is the renter's choice to pay the late fee.
In a nutshell and ditto, both as tenant and landlord. It's an adult thing.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:46 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times
Quote:
Dear tenant,

You were late on your rent this month. Out of the kindness of my heart I have accepted your rental fee and have waived your late fee this month only.

I am not your mommy. Next time you forget to pay your rental payment by your due date plan on paying late charges too.

Respectfully,

Your landlord
How 'bout this?

Old 10-09-2019, 03:50 PM

1 posts, read 421 times
I have “friendly” reminders twice a month from my landlord. And not once I have ever been late on my rent. For the 3 years I have been a tenant. The constant emails are very annoying , and disrespectful. Should I take action?

Old 10-09-2019, 03:56 PM

289 posts, read 224,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula espana View Post
I have “friendly” reminders twice a month from my landlord. And not once I have ever been late on my rent. For the 3 years I have been a tenant. The constant emails are very annoying , and disrespectful. Should I take action?
Why would you take action? Just ignore the emails or filter them. I think you reading more into the reminder emails than is intended.

Old 10-09-2019, 05:17 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,839,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokaneinvestor View Post
Why would you take action? Just ignore the emails or filter them. I think you reading more into the reminder emails than is intended.

I'm assuming you mean legal action. If so, do you really want to go before a judge in a lawsuit and sue because you get 1-2 emails a month? SMFH...

Old 10-09-2019, 06:12 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,026,661 times
Quote:
Yes, you should sue for quiet enjoyment

Old 10-09-2019, 09:35 PM

6,819 posts, read 11,548,200 times
Quote:
Although I think this is a pretty silly thing to get upset about, why not tell your landlord “While I appreciate your concern, you can tell by my payment record I don’t need a reminder. Just trying to save you time.” Make it sound like you want to do him a favor.

Old 10-10-2019, 01:22 PM

3,979 posts, read 2,354,665 times
Quote:
Go ahead and sue. Keep us posted on the outcome.

Old 10-10-2019, 03:11 PM

23,310 posts, read 18,852,325 times
Quote:

For all you know this "reminder" is a mass email auto generated by your LL or property manager's business calendar software. Seems like a silly thing to get your panties in a wad about. Ask the LL if you can opt out of this particular mass mailing. Then there's the humble delete key...it is free, a lot less hassle than filing legal action, and will work pretty well.

Last edited by Parnassia; 10-10-2019 at 03:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting