Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 06:22 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,505,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
COMPLETELY unrelated.

I drove through a neighborhood this weekend of very small homes on very small lots. Those homes sell for $500k each. Contrast that to an area 10 miles away, where the homes are larger, and are on many acres. Those homes sell for half that.

There are SO many variables that go into housing costs - location, size, land, nearby businesses, schools, public transportation, to name a few.

The reality is that certain folks have caviar taste on a McDonalds budget.
And when they can't buy that home in the exact area they wish to live in, they cry foul, and think it's plot to keep "their kind" out.

Where are the homes for people on a dollar store budget?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2016, 06:28 PM

1,413 posts, read 1,295,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
If owning a home is something you desire why not figure out a way to expand your budget? I'm sure you can figure out how to earn more income. No one owes you a house.

Old 08-24-2016, 07:52 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,569,955 times
Quote:
Not Southern California.

Old 08-24-2016, 07:55 PM

9,891 posts, read 7,775,942 times
Quote:
We are all more than happy to help you find one. Go to a mortgage broker and get pre-qualified, let us know what price house you can buy. And if they say you can't buy now, they'll tell you what you need to do in the next two years to qualify. This is not rocket science.

Old 08-24-2016, 08:45 PM

475 posts, read 319,164 times
Quote:
Mexico

Old 08-24-2016, 10:27 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,312,015 times
Quote:
I believe people should live within their means, but government prohibits the sale of homes which are affordable to buyers with dollar store budgets.

"Ten years ago, I couldn't afford to buy, so now I can't afford to rent."
There's a house for pretty much every budget. Whatever you pay in rent every month (assuming you do not have roommates) you can afford in mortgage.

I am guessing you don't want to live where you can afford a house, but plenty of people have to pick from the choices they have, given their finances, so you're not alone in that regard.

Old 08-25-2016, 01:15 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,505,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
There's a house for pretty much every budget. Whatever you pay in rent every month (assuming you do not have roommates) you can afford in mortgage.

I am guessing you don't want to live where you can afford a house, but plenty of people have to pick from the choices they have, given their finances, so you're not alone in that regard.

I rent a room in an 8-person, 3BR, 1-bath house. I have bad credit I cannot fix on my low income, so I doubt I'm going to qualify for a mortgage any time in the foreseeable future.

Old 08-25-2016, 02:58 AM

106,897 posts, read 109,156,575 times
so what do you expect with those credentials and income ? why keep bringing it up over and over . there is no reward in life for failure except public assistance .

you committed your own financial suicide . now you ask in every thread how you are supposed to do this or that when you have no credit or money. the answer is you can't , once you comitted suicide the game is over . all you can do is try to re-join life again and just survive , not move ahead .

Last edited by mathjak107; 08-25-2016 at 03:09 AM..

Old 08-25-2016, 06:08 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,999,986 times
Quote:
It is in a free market. How come I can't put up a tiny house on 2,500 sq ft of land?

By preventing low income people from buying what little they can afford, government ensures a captive market of rent slaves who MUST rent.
For the same reason you can't put up a house that goes the edge of the property: zoning. Which does not discriminate against the poor. It's what prevents rich people from building what they can afford, and ruining the integrity of a neighborhood.

Old 08-25-2016, 06:53 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,512,452 times
If OP would spend more time focusing on how to improve his situation, instead of oversharing his excuses here on this thread, he/she might get somewhere productive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting