Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 09:35 AM

937 posts, read 700,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
What could possibly go wrong!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
"Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive".
Only the rich can lie and get away with it. On the odd chance they get caught, they can always buy they way out. The Dictator does it all the time.

But for the other 90%, it's too easy to cross reference individuals thru government data bases.

Old 05-21-2017, 09:51 AM

13,131 posts, read 21,011,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
Only the rich can lie and get away with it. On the odd chance they get caught, they can always buy they way out. The Dictator does it all the time.

But for the other 90%, it's too easy to cross reference individuals thru government data bases.
When you are basing your ability to live like us on using the welfare systems paid for by us, you bet we want every ********* caught. When a person can afford to live the way we do on their own (like we do) that is when the person doesn't have to worry about these things. So long as a person is mooching my tax money to support their life, I get to have a say in the hoops they need to jump through!

Old 05-21-2017, 09:56 AM

^ You use terms like "us" and "we" very loosely. Where & when did "welfare" enter into this? ^

Old 05-21-2017, 11:34 AM

6,822 posts, read 11,556,490 times
Quote:
^ You use terms like "us" and "we" very loosely. Where & when did "welfare" enter into this? ^
An apartment that is income restricted is being subsidized by some government agency. And they get their money from taxpayers. That would be me.

Old 05-21-2017, 05:09 PM

525 posts, read 660,974 times
"us"and "we" only last until the next argument that sends them into the housing office to offer their truth that neither should have been living under this lease.

OP, do us all a favor. The truth is SO MUCH EASIER than holding up a lie. Your lie will be found out. You don't want to live somewhere that your income prices you out of.

Old 05-21-2017, 11:05 PM

13,131 posts, read 21,011,866 times
Quote:
Most, if not all income restricted rentals fall into one of four groups.

1. Government housing where the government owns and operates the rental with funding through TAX dollars.

2. Government subsidized housing where TAX money is used to pay the rents for those renters.

3. Government subsidized bonds where TAX dollars are used to assist developers build housing with income restrictions.

4. Government stipulated housing where developers are required to set aside a certain number of units with income restrictions as a condition of building. Although no direct tax dollars are involved, TAX dollars are used in a disproportionate high amount monitoring stipulated housing.

When TAX dollars are used for personal living, that's welfare.

Old 05-22-2017, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
An apartment that is income restricted is being subsidized by some government agency. And they get their money from taxpayers. That would be me.
So you are the sole taxpayer?? I guess you don't believe in a helping hand, but probably don't have a problem dumping tens of BILLIONS into the biggest bottomless pit "Military Industrial Complex"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
When TAX dollars are used for personal living, that's welfare.
The term "welfare" went out in the a couple of decades ago being replaced by Public Assistance. The other key term in your statement is "living". If there were enough good paying jobs out there that weren't exported with the help of tax shelters and tax breaks, for the most part it wouldn't be needed.

Stop your whining and be thanking you don't have to depend on it. Then read this and dispel your biased distorted beliefs of the people receiving the help;
http://mashable.com/2015/07/27/welfa.../#47lXevd2VZqB

Last edited by videobruce; 05-22-2017 at 05:14 AM..

Old 05-22-2017, 07:26 AM

902 posts, read 863,854 times
Bruce,

Focus. You fallen into the straw man fallacy.

There are plenty of jobs for people that have drive and ambition. For the other folks, there's food stamps and welfare. Enjoy your entitlement.

PS. I grew up in section 8.

Old 05-22-2017, 07:37 AM

Quote:
TFor the other folks, there's food stamps and welfare. Enjoy your entitlement.
Provide the list and when will you be sending me the "entitlement" check as I never receive any in my lifetime???

I'll clue you in since you appear to be clueless inspite of how & when you grew up. Not everyone has the "drive" that is required to get a decent job assuming they are enough in the first place. If everyone did have those requirements, I hate to tell you there aren't.

You don't even know what you don't know, straw man.

Old 05-22-2017, 07:55 AM

3,829 posts, read 6,736,186 times
Quote:
So you are the sole taxpayer?? I guess you don't believe in a helping hand, but probably don't have a problem dumping tens of BILLIONS into the biggest bottomless pit "Military Industrial Complex"?

The term "welfare" went out in the a couple of decades ago being replaced by Public Assistance. The other key term in your statement is "living". If there were enough good paying jobs out there that weren't exported with the help of tax shelters and tax breaks, for the most part it wouldn't be needed.

Stop your whining and be thanking you don't have to depend on it. Then read this and dispel your biased distorted beliefs of the people receiving the help;
6 welfare myths we all need to stop believing

You are seriously making this argument in a thread where the OP is openly trying to scam the system?!

I believe in a helping hand, but I do not believe in allowing people to cheat and/or abuse the system. MANY people do this unfortunately. I worked at a grocery store in a very low income area. I've seen it all. Not just the typical food stamps being sold (every single day, I might add), but other things. Here in Michigan, cans and bottles have a $0.10 deposit and for some stupid reason, it is covered by their EBT card. I've watched people come in an buy cases of store brand soft drinks, go to the parking lot, dump it all out, then return the cans and buy beer or cigarettes. This is not a rare occurrence- I would see it several times per week. Or, my personal favorite, when my employees would tell me that they are scheduled too many hours and can't work that because they will LOSE some of their assistance. Assistance should be a helping hand. The goal should be to get OFF of it. Not to work less to get more. With the exception of the truly disabled, there should be a cap. After so many years, you are cut off. People should not be able to live off of it forever. I'm not saying shove them all out into the world on their own. Educational/training programs are needed for some people.

FWIW- I grew up very poor. My aunt and grandparents are the only reason we did not get food stamps and have to live in section 8 housing. My aunt managed our apartment complex and my mom had reduced rent. My grandparents helped with emergency expenses, like when the car broke down or whatever. Clothes were all hand-me-downs from our older cousins. From 1988-1992, with very young kids (sister was born in 88), my mom only made $12K-15K per year. She was promoted to management after that, and while we were still poor, things were not as dire. Because I know it is possible to be poor and to work hard and improve your life, I have zero tolerance for those who do not try to better their lives and are content to just live off the system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting