Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2020, 08:04 AM

118 posts, read 66,939 times

Advertisements

After not paying rent for 6months, they are gone, Packed up and left the keys on the kitchen counter.

House is spotless, but the paint colors on the wall are a disaster...they painted my beautiful neutral walls into a wild collage of DARK NAVY BLUE, BRIGHT PRINT, and Blind you TEAL!!!

I am just glad they are gone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2020, 10:28 AM

860 posts, read 1,338,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJnewbielandlord View Post
After not paying rent for 6months, they are gone, Packed up and left the keys on the kitchen counter.

House is spotless, but the paint colors on the wall are a disaster...they painted my beautiful neutral walls into a wild collage of DARK NAVY BLUE, BRIGHT PRINT, and Blind you TEAL!!!

I am just glad they are gone!
Congratulations! May the deadbeat-tenant-bug never bite you again!

Old 09-01-2020, 11:30 AM

30,641 posts, read 18,242,637 times
As deadbeats, you very well may never see a cent from them in back rent, but I hope you file a civil action against them in small claims court or housing court (whichever is the appropriate action) to cover yourself just in case.

Old 09-01-2020, 01:37 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,998,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
As deadbeats, you very well may never see a cent from them in back rent, but I hope you file a civil action against them in small claims court or housing court (whichever is the appropriate action) to cover yourself just in case.
My landlord does not allow any painting or any changes to unit. Guess it's best for landlords to make a visit inside rental units on a regular basis. To check plumbing or to check wiring.

He provides and replaces smoke detector batteries. Yet he has found the smoke detectors ripped from the ceilings. How could that happen? Free battery replacement if asked. And if smoke detector is broken - a new one. Why would renter rip smoke detector off ceiling?

Old 09-01-2020, 01:42 PM

6,341 posts, read 4,910,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Why would renter rip smoke detector off ceiling?

Because he/she is a low life. It's a risk every landlord takes. When I had my rentals I once had a tenant take every light bulb in the house.

Old 09-01-2020, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I sure did and they were served while in the house which is why i think is the only reason they decided to hurry out :-)

I will now do everything in my power to collect every last cent via a collection agency

Old 09-01-2020, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post
Because he/she is a low life. It's a risk every landlord takes. When I had my rentals I once had a tenant take every light bulb in the house.
holy crap!!!

Old 09-01-2020, 04:04 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,240,677 times
Thank your lucky stars. Theres thousands of landlords right now who wish their deadbeat tenants would leave without a forced eviction (which could happen months and months from now), with only a bad paint job left behind.

Old 09-02-2020, 05:41 AM

106,707 posts, read 108,913,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJnewbielandlord View Post
I sure did and they were served while in the house which is why i think is the only reason they decided to hurry out :-)

I will now do everything in my power to collect every last cent via a collection agency
My experience has been it is a waste of money and time ..they declare bankruptcy and they owe you nothing

Old 09-02-2020, 05:52 AM

10,095 posts, read 6,439,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post
I'll up you one. The only house I ever rented out the second tenants removed the ceiling fans and cut the original 1950's phone off the kitchen wall. I'm just glad they didn't steal the washer and dryer, but they probably couldn't afford a vehicle large enough to move them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting