Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2019, 10:19 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post
Just a vent....... I sure hope that eye surgery in couple of weeks gives me better vision. I hate not being able to read something, can't always identify what is in a picture, colors confused. I hope it's from the retina problem that hopefully will be "fixed" soon. I am VERY thankful I am not blind. But the problems I'm having are pretty irritating at times.

I hope you can see 20/20 again real soon...

My vision was very blurred in my left eye until i had Cataract surgery in the Eugene, OR VA Medical Center. They all did a wonderful job for me. Now i have 20/20 vision in my left eye. Pretty soon i will have my right eye done...

Old 07-18-2019, 06:39 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,114,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
I hope you can see 20/20 again real soon...

My vision was very blurred in my left eye until i had Cataract surgery in the Eugene, OR VA Medical Center. They all did a wonderful job for me. Now i have 20/20 vision in my left eye. Pretty soon i will have my right eye done...

Thank you! I had glaucoma and cataract surgery all at the same time, one eye at a time.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:43 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,875,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenah View Post
Jim, I wonder what the Real Estate Agents problem is? He's obviously not looking for new clients.

Title guy told me she told him she did not like my "attitude" toward her and I didn't "show enough respect for her as a real estate agent". Uh huh... oh and the previous owner paid all closing, and inspection costs, left his brand new kitchen appliances and had the whole house professionally cleaned including the chimney and fireplace.

I got it below appraisal, and already have equity. Guess she didn't make enough money.

Anyway sitting at café with my doggie having coffee, and wait for it... have a windbreaker on. It's 48 degrees here, 81 at my rental home where it reached 110 yesterday.

Oh deer sleeping in the front yard this morning, my doggie is going to have to get used to that.

And now moving my stuff!

Old 07-18-2019, 07:54 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,021,630 times
This is so cool - that RE lady made a complete arse of herself - and she knew it. This move sounds life changing. Now that you have your own home - rescue another dog - you're good at it

Old 07-18-2019, 08:19 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,114,555 times
jim, I've had experiences with people like that RE lady (and I'm betting she is not the first for you). If she's looking for respect, she's in the wrong business. Consider the source. You won't have to see her again.

I like the idea of you getting a second (or more?) dog...... your pup will like it a lot.

Old 07-18-2019, 09:20 AM

2,648 posts, read 2,317,214 times
Katharsis, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. I know you two weren't close, but she was still family and it's rough when you lose a family member no matter how close you were. I recently lost a cousin that I used to be close with but hadn't seen in 30+ years. I was surprised at how hard I took her death.

Jim, congratulations again! I'm glad to hear you got your keys and now you can get on with your new life. Not that i'm keeping track but this is the second time you've mentioned a pizza place within walking distance... Lol. As we get older, I think it's the little things in life that make us the most content.
More importantly though.. Is your dog happier in the new place?

Ugh, Our electric company has been robo calling me these last few days warning me that the next 3 days the heat index will feel like the temp is over 100 degrees (110 on Friday) and to prepare for that because I may experience an electrical outage. Judging from past summers, that's a very real possibility. I have my 'storm' kit with battery operated lanterns and batteries in easy reach just in case. I hope we don't lose electricity though because the humidity is so high here, it makes it tough to breathe.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:45 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,875,803 times
Thanks. No second dog, I had one, he died a year ago. I still cry over loosing him. One best friend is enough. My dog appears to be amazingly happy, he's sniffed every square inch, found his potty spot in the corner of the back yard and seems to enjoy laying on real actual cool grass in shade.

I already put a hammock up between two huge trees.

Old 07-18-2019, 03:16 PM

1,774 posts, read 1,192,015 times
NYgal -- I am hoping the up-coming surgeries will help you a lot.

Elliedeee -- Wow! Interesting that your electric company has been robo-calling to tell it's customers to conserve electricity. But maybe it will help. Perhaps there are some customers who can make changes and use less electricity for a few days. I do hate robo-calls as a rule, but I suppose they have their [limited] uses in an emergency. We got one one time from the Police dept about a crook with a gun being on the loose.

Jim -- Good luck with your move. I'm glad your pup likes his new home. Enjoy the hammock. We have one in our backyard, too, and a creature with 4 legs thinks it is for him, but only when I get in it. Otherwise he ignores it, go figure...

Old 07-18-2019, 06:40 PM

587 posts, read 444,001 times
Jim - congrats on your new place. It sounds like a little slice of heaven for you and your pup! And you can't beat walking to get some pizza.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:05 PM

18,727 posts, read 33,396,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Well that was entertaining. HIS real estate agent was an hour late, as me the title guy and my agent sat around. Paperwork signed, everyone shook my hand, except HIS agent who threw the keys down and walked out.

Ah I made a new friend. Anyway, sleeping bag on the floor me and doggie spending the night in new digs. Oh it's 108 at the old rental, 81 in new home, with shade. And a pizza place within walking distance.
Where have I been, I had no idea this was happening! If you will, please pm me with some details. So happy for you and the pup!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement