Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2015, 09:00 AM

6,420 posts, read 11,597,616 times

Advertisements

When I was in high school I informed my mom that I was NOT going to college. Both my parents had degrees and graduate degrees, so this did not go over well. Fortunately, she was wise enough not to push it. She did pay for secretarial school, and I made a good living at that for some 10-ish years.

I had always hated school. Heck, I hated being alive as a child. If I had tried to go to college at the usual age, I would have wound up offing myself.

But after the 10-ish years farther, I had managed to get over my childhood enough to see the value of a degree, and went back and go my engineering degrees.

Old 06-15-2015, 10:18 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,063,850 times
Broken Sky; I couldn't sleep last night either. But I got up and took a Melatonin and bingo, I was out like a light.

Old 06-15-2015, 10:36 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
Broken Sky; I couldn't sleep last night either. But I got up and took a Melatonin and bingo, I was out like a light.
I am glad it helped and you got some rest! Melatonin gives me stomach cramps, but then - everything gives me some sort of problem as I have IBS and I can't even eat peanut butter these days. One of my joys (as far as snacks - peanut butter and crackers).

I did finally get to sleep about 3 am . . . naps are a good thing about 2 pm if I can manage one!

Have a good evening!.

Old 06-15-2015, 08:00 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,063,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokensky View Post
I am glad it helped and you got some rest! Melatonin gives me stomach cramps, but then - everything gives me some sort of problem as I have IBS and I can't even eat peanut butter these days. One of my joys (as far as snacks - peanut butter and crackers).

I did finally get to sleep about 3 am . . . naps are a good thing about 2 pm if I can manage one!

Have a good evening!.
Funny thing: I also have IBS. Are you taking a probiotic daily? Helps me alot.

Old 06-18-2015, 08:24 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,765,774 times
^^^Yep, my dad, too. He has it and swears by them.

Barb, how is the recovery going? I hope it is improving!

Old 06-19-2015, 08:26 PM

7,045 posts, read 6,298,150 times
I've been keeping this to myself but time to share. I've been having a lot of digestive problems & went to the Dr. Couldn't get in with my regular Dr, but took anyone at that point. He was nice. They're doing a lot of blood tests & as soon as I have a sample tomorrow, will have to rush it to the hospital. I was supposed to capture the first sample I could & then keep it in the frig until I could rush it in, but, excuse me, I am not keeping that in my frig. It could be anything & maybe I'm over exaggerating, but I've lost 40 lbs, 30 of it in the ladt three weeks & I'm scared.

Old 06-19-2015, 08:43 PM

5,329 posts, read 6,021,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I've been keeping this to myself but time to share. I've been having a lot of digestive problems & went to the Dr. Couldn't get in with my regular Dr, but took anyone at that point. He was nice. They're doing a lot of blood tests & as soon as I have a sample tomorrow, will have to rush it to the hospital. I was supposed to capture the first sample I could & then keep it in the frig until I could rush it in, but, excuse me, I am not keeping that in my frig. It could be anything & maybe I'm over exaggerating, but I've lost 40 lbs, 30 of it in the last three weeks & I'm scared.
Put it in a plastic bag and then place the bagged specimen in a brown paper bag. Next, PUT IT IN THE FRIDGE. Then don't look at it until you're ready to leave for the hospital.

Love ya' Meo, but losing 30 pounds in 3 weeks is a heckuva lot more dangerous than putting your sample in the fridge.

If you really can't rush it in immediately and you really can't put it in the fridge, then don't bother capturing the sample. It would be a complete waste of money.

Here's hoping it is something easily treatable and you will feel better soon.

Old 06-19-2015, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenora View Post
Put it in a plastic bag and then place the bagged specimen in a brown paper bag. Next, PUT IT IN THE FRIDGE. Then don't look at it until you're ready to leave for the hospital.

Love ya' Meo, but losing 30 pounds in 3 weeks is a heckuva lot more dangerous than putting your sample in the fridge.

If you really can't rush it in immediately and you really can't put it in the fridge, then don't bother capturing the sample. It would be a complete waste of money.

Here's hoping it is something easily treatable and you will feel better soon.
I can't bring it in until the morning anyway, but not to worry, within a 1/2 hour of eating, even if it's just a smoothie, I'll be in the bathroom for the next two hours. I'm sure I'll get a good sample. And yes, at that point I'm willing to put it in the frig until I can safely drive. Just have to make sure I'm over the point where I'll have an accident in my pants. They did give me all the supplies, along with the brown paper bag, to 'capture' the sample.

Old 06-19-2015, 09:23 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,114,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I've been keeping this to myself but time to share. I've been having a lot of digestive problems & went to the Dr. Couldn't get in with my regular Dr, but took anyone at that point. He was nice. They're doing a lot of blood tests & as soon as I have a sample tomorrow, will have to rush it to the hospital. I was supposed to capture the first sample I could & then keep it in the frig until I could rush it in, but, excuse me, I am not keeping that in my frig. It could be anything & maybe I'm over exaggerating, but I've lost 40 lbs, 30 of it in the ladt three weeks & I'm scared.

I am so sorry you are going through this rough time and so glad you were able to share it here. I don't know about all the things you are having to do to get ready for your exam, but please do them as you have been instructed to. Maybe put your specimen in a bag and then in a sealed plastic container in the fridge. Good luck and please keep us informed. Prayers for you.

Old 06-19-2015, 09:29 PM

Thanks Nygal. It'a plastic thing that fits into the back side of the toilet, one tube with red gunk in it & a sealed container for the stuff that doesn't go into the red gunk. They also added a sterile tongue depresser so I don't have to touch the stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement