Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2015, 07:22 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,114,555 times

Advertisements

Since this is the chat thread in the retirement forum, I think I'll be OK asking this. Please! I need help.

I recently adopted a cat who has a lot of kitten in her. Fine. However, she wakes up around 4 a.m. (I go to bed around 1 a.m.). When she wakes up, it's holy he** for about 30-45 minutes (feels like a couple of hours). She races around like she has a rocket in her back-end, makes a lot of noise, does things that when I hear them I think I have to check out. Jumps on my feet and any other part of me that she thinks moved.

I will not give her away. How can I break her of these habits? I'm in a one-bedroom apartment on the second floor. I don't want to lock her in the bathroom because I think she will make a lot more noise and wake my downstairs neighbor.

She is between 1 and 2 years old. Will she outgrow this?

Thanks.

p.s. Yes I know there is a pet/cat section to post in but wanted to hear what someone my age would do. Thanks.

Old 08-13-2015, 08:25 PM

7,046 posts, read 6,298,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal2NC View Post
Since this is the chat thread in the retirement forum, I think I'll be OK asking this. Please! I need help.

I recently adopted a cat who has a lot of kitten in her. Fine. However, she wakes up around 4 a.m. (I go to bed around 1 a.m.). When she wakes up, it's holy he** for about 30-45 minutes (feels like a couple of hours). She races around like she has a rocket in her back-end, makes a lot of noise, does things that when I hear them I think I have to check out. Jumps on my feet and any other part of me that she thinks moved.

I will not give her away. How can I break her of these habits? I'm in a one-bedroom apartment on the second floor. I don't want to lock her in the bathroom because I think she will make a lot more noise and wake my downstairs neighbor.

She is between 1 and 2 years old. Will she outgrow this?

Thanks.

p.s. Yes I know there is a pet/cat section to post in but wanted to hear what someone my age would do. Thanks.
Please let her grow out of it & maybe go to bed earlier. I just found out that the cat I left with my brother just died. I so wish my brother had let me know he was sick & I could have at least seen him one more time. I loved that cat so much & I too, got impatient with the kitten. But they grow up so, so fast. This too shall pass for you, maybe sooner than you think.

Old 08-13-2015, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Please let her grow out of it & maybe go to bed earlier. I just found out that the cat I left with my brother just died. I so wish my brother had let me know he was sick & I could have at least seen him one more time. I loved that cat so much & I too, got impatient with the kitten. But they grow up so, so fast. This too shall pass for you, maybe sooner than you think.

Oh so sorry to hear about your kitten dying! I wish your brother had let you know, too. Do you know what he died from? Poor baby. Poor you!!!!

I will let her grow out of it. For awhile I was thinking I had the cat from he** but then a friend came over and saw her and said she thought there was still quite a bit of "kitten" in her, too. She supposedly is between 1 and 2, but when I brought her home, she was lanky and silly. I love her to pieces but it really messes up my day!! Three hours of sleep doesn't do it for me. I think I'll probably have to go to bed earlier. Good idea. I gave her some catnip hoping that she'll get a little crazy and wear herself out. haha

Old 08-13-2015, 10:30 PM

7,046 posts, read 6,298,150 times
Quote:
Oh so sorry to hear about your kitten dying! I wish your brother had let you know, too. Do you know what he died from? Poor baby. Poor you!!!!

I will let her grow out of it. For awhile I was thinking I had the cat from he** but then a friend came over and saw her and said she thought there was still quite a bit of "kitten" in her, too. She supposedly is between 1 and 2, but when I brought her home, she was lanky and silly. I love her to pieces but it really messes up my day!! Three hours of sleep doesn't do it for me. I think I'll probably have to go to bed earlier. Good idea. I gave her some catnip hoping that she'll get a little crazy and wear herself out. haha
My brother said he didn't know. He might have eaten something outside. He just got thinner & thinner & started going to the bathroom outside of the cat box & then wanted to go outside & died. Anything could have happened in the country.

Old 08-14-2015, 05:03 AM

Poor thing. They run the risk of getting attacked or eating something bad for them. I hope one day you are able to adopt another one.

My cat (Wendy) got to 6 a.m. this morning!! Yay!!!

Old 08-14-2015, 09:38 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,063,850 times
Best wishes to Wendy and NYGal !

It's 114 here today and tomorrow 115. I can't take it anymore!!!

Old 08-14-2015, 10:19 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,605,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
My brother said he didn't know. He might have eaten something outside. He just got thinner & thinner & started going to the bathroom outside of the cat box & then wanted to go outside & died. Anything could have happened in the country.
Some people keep their pets protected and take them to vets when they're sick. Some people wouldn't move to a place that required them to abandon their pets.

On the other hand, some people just don't care.

Old 08-14-2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
Best wishes to Wendy and NYGal !

It's 114 here today and tomorrow 115. I can't take it anymore!!!
Thank you PhxBarb!

I'm complaining cuz it's going to 90 here on Monday. I would not be able to go outdoors if it was 114/115.
Try to stay cool!

Old 08-14-2015, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Some people keep their pets protected and take them to vets when they're sick. Some people wouldn't move to a place that required them to abandon their pets.

On the other hand, some people just don't care.
Your first time in this thread, is it?? This poster has had a mountain of problems and for good reasons was not able to take her cat with her. She felt extremely bad about that.

Shame on you for trying to make her feel worse.

Old 08-14-2015, 10:34 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,605,395 times
Quote:
Your first time in this thread, is it?? This poster has had a mountain of problems and for good reasons was not able to take her cat with her. She felt extremely bad about that.

Shame on you for trying to make her feel worse.
She made it very clear that she did not care for the bother. Actions have onsequences. She didn't even try to find a good home for her cat when she tired of havingg a pet; she had made it plain that her brother was irresponsible with animals. Apparently you don't think animals' lives are important either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement