Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2015, 10:46 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,537,988 times

Advertisements

I put people on Ignore all the time, both here and in real life.
Not because they get under my skin but because I'm old and life's too short for all their yada-yada-yada drama.

More often than not, I eventually take them off the list. There are three posters here in the Retirement forum (none of whom have ever posted on this thread, far as I know) that it took me awhile to understand where they're coming from.

Last edited by biscuitmom; 06-27-2015 at 11:00 PM..

Old 06-28-2015, 02:27 PM

7,049 posts, read 6,302,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Thanks. It's not the test itself, it's the two days of prep. But, yes, I will do what they say. I am tired of this & want it to end.
Don't know how I missed it but just checked voicemail & there was one from the nurse. My doctor wants to see me asap & I'm to call early Monday & get in. The weight loss scares her & I did have the colonoscopy less than a year ago so that's a last resort if at all, whew.
I'm sure there will be a lot more tests. Will keep folks up to date.

Old 06-28-2015, 02:55 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,116,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Don't know how I missed it but just checked voicemail & there was one from the nurse. My doctor wants to see me asap & I'm to call early Monday & get in. The weight loss scares her & I did have the colonoscopy less than a year ago so that's a last resort if at all, whew.
I'm sure there will be a lot more tests. Will keep folks up to date.
I am wishing you the best all the way. I am sorry you are facing this. I'll keep you in my prayers.

And yes, please let us know how things go.

Thanks.

Old 06-28-2015, 02:59 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,769,221 times
Ditto. Meo, all the best. In my prayers as well.

Old 06-28-2015, 05:24 PM

4,725 posts, read 4,424,762 times
Meo- hoping you get relief and they get to the bottom of this. Really, a colonoscopy is made out to be worse than it is. The prep is not fun but there are worse things. it's not a long procedure- it's the best sleep= and you wake up and it;s over!!!
Best of luck to you.

Old 06-28-2015, 06:32 PM

7,049 posts, read 6,302,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
Meo- hoping you get relief and they get to the bottom of this. Really, a colonoscopy is made out to be worse than it is. The prep is not fun but there are worse things. it's not a long procedure- it's the best sleep= and you wake up and it;s over!!!
Best of luck to you.
I've had 2 so far. It's not fun - but necessary, I know.

Old 06-29-2015, 08:51 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,519,093 times
Just checking in to let MEO know: thinking about you! Let us know what transpires.

Hope all are looking forward to a pleasant week. Still prepping house, packing, etc. Took a fall this week - new doggie has strong prey drive and took off after the neighbor's cat, but I held on (thank God). However, holding on to leash included falling and being dragged about 10 feet. Luckily, on soft grass and with painters nearby who came to my rescue. But I didn't drop that leash! lololol

Old 06-29-2015, 09:56 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,769,221 times
Yikes, sky, that's going to leave a mark...I hope not.

Old 06-29-2015, 10:04 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,950,377 times
Hi everyone!

I'm enjoying the warmer weather of summer ... this past winter was not exceptionally cold nor was there much snow, but it seemed to drag on for ages. The spring flowers appeared two to three weeks later than usual.

We've had a lot of rain and now weeds are taking over my garden. I have one pernicious aggressive vine that is everywhere: "Air Potato Vine"!!! It has a rather pretty spear shaped leaf and produces little light brown "potatoes" the size of a marble ... but is covers everything including my English Ivy that grows up the back wall of my yard.

Ever hear of "Air Potato Vine"?

Old 06-29-2015, 10:21 AM

16,042 posts, read 21,978,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Hi everyone!

I'm enjoying the warmer weather of summer ... this past winter was not exceptionally cold nor was there much snow, but it seemed to drag on for ages. The spring flowers appeared two to three weeks later than usual.

We've had a lot of rain and now weeds are taking over my garden. I have one pernicious aggressive vine that is everywhere: "Air Potato Vine"!!! It has a rather pretty spear shaped leaf and produces little light brown "potatoes" the size of a marble ... but is covers everything including my English Ivy that grows up the back wall of my yard.

Ever hear of "Air Potato Vine"?
Hi to you! We're just back from two days in New Hampshire, nice weather. Came back to those danged maple seedlings ALL over our mulched beds. The mulch did nothing to stop these critters from popping up, just can't keep up with them. Invasive vines out back going crazy from all the rain we've had. I think the air potato vine is in the yam family. These vines can rip up foundations, so we're trying to get them out but the roots are deep. One good thing about all the rain this spring is that it's greener than ever, everywhere. We haven't gotten much heat here yet, so maybe it will be a cool summer (wishful thinking).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement