Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2015, 11:04 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,116,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokensky View Post
Just checking in to let MEO know: thinking about you! Let us know what transpires.

Hope all are looking forward to a pleasant week. Still prepping house, packing, etc. Took a fall this week - new doggie has strong prey drive and took off after the neighbor's cat, but I held on (thank God). However, holding on to leash included falling and being dragged about 10 feet. Luckily, on soft grass and with painters nearby who came to my rescue. But I didn't drop that leash! lololol

That must be some dog you have there!! What kind is he? I hope you are not injured from all of that!

Old 06-29-2015, 11:07 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,116,207 times
Some very good news!!

I brought Wendy home today. My precious new kitty. Went through a bit of hell trying to get her but she is here and that's where she is staying. She had to do a lot of exploring, I'm sure that part is not finished yet. But right now she is hiding so well I can't find her!! LOL Probably recovering from all the excitement.

Pics later when she has had a chance to get comfortable.

Old 06-29-2015, 11:53 AM

7,049 posts, read 6,302,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal2NC View Post
Some very good news!!

I brought Wendy home today. My precious new kitty. Went through a bit of hell trying to get her but she is here and that's where she is staying. She had to do a lot of exploring, I'm sure that part is not finished yet. But right now she is hiding so well I can't find her!! LOL Probably recovering from all the excitement.

Pics later when she has had a chance to get comfortable.
Yay!!!!!
Sometimes we have to go through a lot but it makes the ending so very special.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Just checking in to let MEO know: thinking about you! Let us know what transpires.

Hope all are looking forward to a pleasant week. Still prepping house, packing, etc. Took a fall this week - new doggie has strong prey drive and took off after the neighbor's cat, but I held on (thank God). However, holding on to leash included falling and being dragged about 10 feet. Luckily, on soft grass and with painters nearby who came to my rescue. But I didn't drop that leash! lololol
Have an appt for tomorrow morning. Looking back, I should never have waited so long. Was up & down all night until 3am when I finally was emptied out & konked out. I try so hard to eat gentle foods, yesterday was greek yogurt smoothie, noodles & jello & a peach, so had a hard time figuring out how so much could go out when there was so little going in.

I'm a bit worried it's all the pills I take. I miss that a lot, not taking anything except an aspirin every once in a while. Just never needed to take anything.

But enough about me. It made me chuckle when I heard about your dog. My brother was blind & had a guide dog, a lab. Well, he asked me to take him out once & I went for the harness. My brother heard it & said no, I had to use a regular leash. The harness was for when he was working. Well, I took the dog out & he immediately dragged me through grass & thistle until my pants were covered in them. I was so mad at my brother for not letting me know, but of course he didn't. Everytime he took the dog out he used the harness. I got over it & Zenith & I became good friends. But I still laugh about it.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:35 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,023,646 times
Quote:

Cute story OK, so tell us about this new furball. Hope you are OK from the fall and good job hanging on- tough cookie

How are you liking your new place and do you spend much time there?

Yesterday I hired a kid to do my yard. I found him through his mom who is on nextdoor dot com. She brought him over and we did the yard tour - I laughed because she kept saying "And you have taken care of this huge yard by yourself!!!" Yeppers - and here's an even bigger shock- I rather enjoyed it. We all have our way of demonstrating our creative spirit and this is mine. BUT - too many other things must take priority now. I felt kind of sorry for this kid - he's 12 and his mother is a regular military general. So she left and he started mowing. Soon there was a knock on my door - the poor kid was drenched in sweat so I gave him a cool rag to wipe off with and a cold drink (It was only 82F with lots of shade) Off he went to finish - another knock - he had a big blister so we took care of that and off he went again. I gave him a ride home and he said he had 3 more jobs lined up and looked like he wanted to cry. So we discussed how much money he was making - over $20 an hour and where can you find a job that pays that much? Yeh - yeh! He'll be back next week.

Old 06-29-2015, 02:08 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,769,221 times
{{{{{Umb}}}}}

I love to mow. Tired of the hilly terrain, though. New house has no hill, yay!

Old 06-29-2015, 04:06 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,769,221 times
Hey, if anyone out there is driving a 99 to 03/03 325i, I have a driver side mirror that I am trashing. This is the entire assembly, not just the glass. It fits sedan and wagon only. Not sure if heated or memory, the plug is a six wire.

Old 06-29-2015, 04:58 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,950,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post

We've had a lot of rain and now weeds are taking over my garden. I have one pernicious aggressive vine that is everywhere: "Air Potato Vine"!!! It has a rather pretty spear shaped leaf and produces little light brown "potatoes" the size of a marble ... but is covers everything including my English Ivy that grows up the back wall of my yard.

Ever hear of "Air Potato Vine"?
Air potato vine = Dioscorea Bulbifera

A nasty native of Africa and southern Asia. First introduced to Florida a century ago. Now banned by the states of Florida and Alabama as it has gotten out of control, is aggressively invasive, and crowds out native species.

Proof that climate change has come to Philadelphia. Sub-tropical plants now thrive here.

Old 06-29-2015, 05:12 PM

2,932 posts, read 5,423,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal2NC View Post
I brought Wendy home today. My precious new kitty.
Yay! Congrats to you! Looking forward to seeing pics.

Old 06-29-2015, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Hey, if anyone out there is driving a 99 to 03/03 325i, I have a driver side mirror that I am trashing. This is the entire assembly, not just the glass. It fits sedan and wagon only. Not sure if heated or memory, the plug is a six wire.
Don't trash it please. Give it to goodwill or somewhere. I searched everywhere for a mirror when some inconsiderate soul chose to take mine out during a snowstorm. Had to drive to a junkyard to get one, then have my auto person put it on. You may be helping a person skip one step. Just saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement