Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2010, 10:25 AM

16,042 posts, read 21,969,475 times

Advertisements

For those of us interested in locations re: weather...

today, july 6 new england--98 degrees and humid!

what's happening where you are?

Old 07-06-2010, 10:51 AM

21 posts, read 59,063 times
Default Today's weather in Tucson

Right now, about 10am in Tucson, it's 88 degrees and 21% humidity, going up to 101 or so. Pretty good for Tucson in July!

Old 07-06-2010, 12:20 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,019,188 times
July - what can we say? It's currently 81F with a high of 87F and humidity of 56 (per one source) and the news guy said dew point of 70 earlier today, but who knows But it is humid. Bath day for the bow wows - they love that when it's hot

Old 07-06-2010, 02:28 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,848,721 times
I hate to even write this, but in SoCal it is about 10-15 degrees below average right now. Over the 4th the marine layer never went away and it is only about 65 degrees during the day, I actually had to wear a jeans jacket yesterday. There's no sun predicted until Saturday. Our "June gloom" should be gone by now!

Old 07-06-2010, 03:06 PM

3,517 posts, read 13,260,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
For those of us interested in locations re: weather...

today, july 6 new england--98 degrees and humid!

what's happening where you are?
I hit 101 today. Baltimore broke a record at 104. Tomorrow promises the same with higher humidity. Ugggh. Why do we have to have a hot nasty summer my 1st summer of retirement? I guess to remind me why I want to move. ;-)

I did just signed papers & pay a deposit on a 4 year old diesel van camper. Can getting a dog be far behind? So now I took another step into a mobile retirement that I can use to find my place. Whoo hoo! Talk about small living - 83 sq ft.

Old 07-06-2010, 07:53 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,433,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesaje View Post
I did just signed papers & pay a deposit on a 4 year old diesel van camper. Can getting a dog be far behind? So now I took another step into a mobile retirement that I can use to find my place. Whoo hoo! Talk about small living - 83 sq ft.
Whoo hoo is right - congrats! - Tell us more!

I've been 'window shopping' for about 6 months ... I still can't make up my mind what I want to end up with. It has to be something I can live in for about a year. What made you go with the B?

Old 07-06-2010, 08:13 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,019,188 times
Quote:
I hit 101 today. Baltimore broke a record at 104. Tomorrow promises the same with higher humidity. Ugggh. Why do we have to have a hot nasty summer my 1st summer of retirement? I guess to remind me why I want to move. ;-)

Excellent!!! I guess with 83 sf you won't be having a house warming party

I happen to have 2 bowsers here you can have I just had to DRAG them each in - they saw a bunny in the neighbor's yard and went ape sh**. Now they are each in their "jail" with the doors shut. Bad dogs!!

Old 07-07-2010, 01:08 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,711 posts, read 58,042,598 times
currently 59F & 50%H (midnight)

Thursday High predicted to 100F w/ 20% H. - Then back to 80's and hopefully 70's. So glad I get good cool sleeping weather at night.

I have plans to keep cool and out of sun in midday, as I will be to the free Chamber Music NW rehearsals as well as spend some time at art museum Library. (both venues w/ AC)

Quote:
I did just signed papers & pay a deposit on a 4 year old diesel van camper.
Oh, that is great news !! congrats. I really wanted the Sprinter 'Gulfstream' version with a high bed across the rear and HUGE storage. But, even 'used' it was too much for my budget, so... I economized to a used Rialta (VW). It got 18 MPG in the mountainous and high wind trip to central OR the last few days. Camping was great, no need to pay, small enough to 'stealth-camp' found a good state park w/ free showers. I usually use this resource Free Campgrounds for RVs. Or stay at one of the 'guesthomes' that has free RV hookups. I often use public pools as spots to shower, tho I like my Rialta 'outdoor' shower. It has an indoor one too, but I don't like to create 'xcess' humidity inside the camper.

Let me know what you find for good spots to call home. I'm still planning on building / buying multiple places across USA that will have a positive cash flow as well as a few RV spots or apartment for me. (and a few friends )

Old 07-07-2010, 05:24 AM

16,042 posts, read 21,969,475 times
Quote:
Congratulations!! Where are you off to--alone? Are you touring nonstop or staying in places for a length of time? When's the departure??

Old 07-07-2010, 06:47 AM

915 posts, read 1,625,414 times
let's see - i'm presently west of fredericksburg va - it's breaking 100 degrees daily - i go to the lake and sit in the water in the late afternoon which makes me think i want to be on a lake...........actually get a breeze - most of virginia is awful just now , along with most of the atlantic seaboard - wilmington where i recently left for the family crisis is cooler than here as is orlando, miami, just about all of florida........who'd a thunk?

Very interesting the mobile contigency here - i actually have been using my town and country as a little traveling house - set up some different "boxes" - "shop in a box"'; "office in a box"; "beach in a box" - i think converting to large plastic bags may be more effective................but the accessibility issue of a screw driver, scissors, sun tan lotion has been delightful................ i am not much of a minimalist so this has been a challenge....

i do think it's funny to think how our planning often does go out the window - i had these few months so set up for one thing and it seems external events have taken the reins - but that's ok - it reminds me of the constant changing nature of life and forces me to go with the flow/consider/reconsider and work within the present moment. actually kind of fun though it sure is blowing my excel spread sheet with month to month destinations completely to hell.

Stealth, I'm still intrigued with your building plans so know that your concepts are not going unnoticed. The present circumstances are surely bringing up that issue of seniors and place as i work with the uncertainty surrounding my mom and dad just now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.