Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 08:55 AM

7,841 posts, read 19,000,942 times

Advertisements

BucFan wrote:
It is 661 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date
or 1 year, 9 months, 22 days excluding the end date" for my retirement date from the US Army.
Friends tell me that I shouldn't wish my life away, but being in the military nowadays, its hard not to.
Hey, you're not the only military counter on record. Starting with my first day of AF basic training, I always knew exactly how many days I had left until freedom shined upon me again. Knowing the count gave me something to look forward to and made the air force experience slightly more tolerable. Don't let the negaholics get you down. Makes me wonder if those folks really are your friends. To me, friends are people who support me, even my quirky behaviours.

blessings.....Franco
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2007, 02:15 PM

8,815 posts, read 21,282,976 times
Whoa, Franco , I didn't realize that you were still in the military. It'll go fast. You'll see. And, you already love where you live.

Tessa (all the way up in Alaska!!!!) , You are so fortunate to have someone to retire with. That makes it all the sweeter, I'm sure.

Old 11-10-2007, 08:45 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
My transfer to the Fleet Reserve was GREAT

You will enjoy getting your first retirement paycheck, I did.

Old 11-10-2007, 11:39 PM

1,195 posts, read 5,412,216 times
I have noticed that most folks who have heartburn with us who count down are pretty much just jealous, I can't really think of anything sweeter than spending the rest of your life in leisure and still get a paycheck coming in the mail.

Old 11-11-2007, 08:15 AM

Nancy The Reader wrote:
Whoa, Franco , I didn't realize that you were still in the military
I've been out of the Air Force for more than 35 years! I did my Air Force countdown many years ago. I wrote my post to offer support to BucFan, to let him know that he's not the fist counter in military history, nor will he be the last. I imagine that most of those currently stationed in Iraq/Afghanistan know EXACTLY how many days are supposed to be reamining in their tours, hoping they don't get screwed over yet again.

blessings...Franco

Old 11-11-2007, 01:11 PM

Franco you show walking in the desert what part of the country are you retiring in?

Old 11-11-2007, 03:38 PM

I think Franco already is exactly right where he wants to be, Grand Junction, Colorado . My brother has lived there for ages and loves it. He has a photography shop in town and sells gorgeous photographs of that empty and other-worldly place. So much different (not from Alaska, so much) , but from the East coast where I live right now. It might as well be on another planet.

Old 11-11-2007, 04:46 PM

Default Right where I need to be!

Tressa wrote:
Franco you show walking in the desert what part of the country are you retiring in?
nancy thereader wrote:
I think Franco already is exactly right where he wants to be, Grand Junction, Colorado .
Nancy's right! Although I'm a few years away from retirement, like Gary Allen says in his song, I'm right where I need to be.

blessings...Franco

Old 11-11-2007, 06:35 PM

Well, Franco... I see photos of your area almost everyday because of my brother. I must admit the light and the cadence in his photos make GJ look positively ethereal . So much open space. We all are sort of pushed together here on Long Island.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:41 PM

Default Down to 201 now

The countdown continues and the excitement levels continue to increase. I think my poor husband is getting cold feet now, I'm hoping this snow that we have will encourage him to move south.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement