Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 08:04 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,617,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Would you like a guy's opinion ?
This actually goes for all ages ,
Wear clothes that fit you loosely enough to reduce definition , particularly the view from behind.
I know it shouldn't bother me, knowing women wear bras, but the fact of the matter is, some of the women I observe wear underware and clothing so tight, it amplifies the tightness/over weight through out .
Face it , some women do not have a ferm well rounded bottom,but they wear bikini panties that amplify the fat where full panties would provide a much better picture.
If your a girl that works out and has a good ferm bottom then by all means thong or french cut panties don't create the extra lines .
I don't think the bikini style do any one favors, from my point of view.
It doesn't matter wether you are wearing a dress or slax these extra lines are not on your side.
I don't know if any of you look at the over hang from behind out of tight clothing sleveless tops but I do .
Flame me all you wish , it's just my observation.
I realize that one may not be able to do something right away about the weight ,but wearing clothing that is simply too tight only means your getting fatter not actually doing any thing about it.
You sure know ladies underpants. how's about stop gawking at women's arses and you'll be fine. ; )
By the way, mine is firm,not ferm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 08:09 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
You sure know ladies underpants. how's about stop gawking at women's arses and you'll be fine. ; )
By the way, mine is firm,not ferm.
Brava!

Old 06-10-2013, 08:57 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
Thigh high black leather boots,. Mini skirt, and tank top, with smoking hot short bolero jacket.

I am not ready for a red Hat and purple dress. Forget it.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:07 AM

4,280 posts, read 12,670,274 times
Wrinkled cleavage should be hidden.......LOL

Old 06-10-2013, 10:01 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accufitgolf View Post
Wrinkled cleavage should be hidden.......LOL
HEY! At my age, cleavage is cleavage. It's all good!

Old 06-10-2013, 10:19 AM

4,280 posts, read 12,670,274 times
As a golfer, I typically dress that way. Warm weather, shorts, polo shirts, no socks, leather loafers/deck shoes. Cold weather I go to long pants, sweater or pull over windbreaker over the polo shirt, and I wear socks. All my long pants are cuffed. I think that adds a bit of class. Cold days I wear a leather bomber jacket.

I rarely wear jeans but if I do, the rest stays the same.

I have several work out/athletic type suits that I will wear with a t-shirt and athletic shoes. I wear these only when it is cool.

I have not worn a short sleeve, buttoned sport shirt for years and I have about 12 of them (sedate to wild) in my closet going to waste.

If I have to dress for an event it will be long sleeve shirt and tie, double breasted, vent less blazer, slacks. I only have two suits left one of which was worn to a wedding a year ago and had not been worn for several years prior to that.

If it has to be ironed, I basically will not wear it.

Last edited by accufitgolf; 06-10-2013 at 11:30 AM..

Old 06-10-2013, 10:28 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
The importance is this:

Machine washable
It fits
Comfortable
Won't fall down or out wearing it

Old 06-10-2013, 10:50 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,830,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
The importance is this:

Machine washable
It fits
Comfortable
Won't fall down or out wearing it
I've noticed two trends on labels in the past, say 5 years - using the word "modal" instead of rayon (actually had to look up what the heck modal WAS and the answer is: rayon) and an increasing number of labels which say "hand wash or dry clean only" on fabrics which should be easily washed on the delicate cycle. I think some of it is the current use of beads and spangles on everything - they tend not to fare well in the washing machine and I think some of it is the manufacturers doing a CYA move.

But everything I own (with the exception of a leather coat, a good wool blazer, two expensive dresses - read, "over $250", one of which is a weddings dress and the other a funerals dress - a silk blend shirt which I hand wash, a couple of sweaters that I hand wash just to keep them from shrinking) goes into the washing machine and usually the dryer. Even if it says not to.

Old 06-10-2013, 11:47 AM

45 posts, read 33,537 times
My dear, I am always au naturale. I am considering a simple piercing with a spare crown jewel, but right ear is jealous of her perogative to be pierced.

Old 06-10-2013, 12:20 PM

207 posts, read 566,178 times
Was just out shopping today for some clothes. I went into one store which I used to love and hated everything in there. Plus most of the other shopper where about 20 years older than me. It seemed like all of the clothing where designed for much older people.

At another store I looked in the junior dept. but decided that I've got to stay out of there, way too young looking stuff.

I don't work so I don't really need work clothes. I spend a lot of times outdoors exercising or golfing so I need casual stuff. I like golf skirts with a sleeveless collard golf shirt.

Sun dresses are nice but I don't really like those Maxi dresses that much. When it's 90 out they can become really warm.

I do wear jean shorts but I work out everyday so my legs are still in pretty good shape.

I wear what I want and what I think looks good on me but I don't spend a lot of $$ on clothes.

One thing I have done is switched from heels to flats. I still put a pair on once in a while but before I wouldn't be caught dead in flats except for my running and golf shoes So I guess people do adjust!

In other words I don't care nearly as much what other people think and long as I think I look ok!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement