Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 03:48 PM

106,062 posts, read 108,035,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedolce View Post
You guys look great! They were probably jealous. She does have great abs.
I think i have a 2 pack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 04:46 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,891,961 times
Huff Post is nothing but a garbage rag Some of their articles are good, but most of them (such as this one) are trite, not even close to subjective, and is basically an Internet tabloid.

Old 02-16-2015, 05:33 PM

3,563 posts, read 5,354,685 times
Default but....she pulls it off!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
She's a dancer. It's a lifestyle that keeps you fit, and keeps you tight.
Look at the twenty something Degeneres studio audience; time to walk around the block each day.

Old 02-16-2015, 06:47 PM

3,563 posts, read 5,354,685 times
These outfits are very East Coast and very rich mature "old money" lady. We don't have much of that almost anywhere else in N. America.

Old 02-16-2015, 07:00 PM

1,959 posts, read 3,092,325 times
This is a hilarious thread. I wear what I want, when I want. I don't care. Some days, I go goth. I just had my dyed blonde hair streaked blue. I wear leggings, thin jeans, with whatever top I want. I wear short skirts with high heels and even wear fishnets. Other days, I dress like a nightmare and wear sweats with torn sweat tops my dogs chewed on. Doesn't matter. My wardrobe ranges from incredibly horrible, old clothes to Gucci, Prada, etc. Depends on my mood, where I am going, and who I am going to meet. It's wonderful being retired with absolutely no professional, personal or political ambition and no husband, boyfriend or kids attempting to control my life.

Old 02-16-2015, 07:13 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,538,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Among other things, it's way to much BLACK!!!

Old 02-16-2015, 08:22 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,339,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
Among other things, it's way to much BLACK!!!
Well, to each his/her/their own, but in my opinion Madonna's preference for 'boys' half her age is much worse than her choices in clothes.

Old 02-16-2015, 08:26 PM

14,017 posts, read 20,856,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia 914 View Post
Well, to each his/her/their own, but in my opinion Madonna's preference for 'boys' half her age is much worse than her choices in clothes.
First, this thread is about choices in clothes, not choices in sexual partners. Therefore, you are derailing it. Second, if Madonna is 55, then a "boy" half her age is 27 and a half. That would be an adult well past the age of consent, which would make it none of anyone else's business.

Old 02-17-2015, 03:03 AM

23,155 posts, read 26,094,380 times
If one chastises another for going off topic, should they then further derail by adding to the off topic ?

The only clothing I purposely stay away from is what I consider frilly, little girl, cutesy things.
But, even that may be something I just never felt fit my personality and somebody else can carry off well.

Old 02-17-2015, 05:45 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,911,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
I think i have a 2 pack.
I had a six-pack, but I drank it!

I don't understand all the disdain for elastic-waists. There are perfectly good reasons for them and perhaps those who knock them have not yet had a reason to utilize them. Arthritic fingers/hands have trouble with buttons and snaps, thus, elastic-waist. Recuperating from surgery, especially abdominal, makes close-fitting garments uncomfortable, thus, elastic-waist.

As for the granny sweat shirts with god-awful Christmas/Springtime/Proud Grandma logos, they're usually gifts from the adult children who have no clue that granny was raised in an era when you didn't throw anything in the trash if it had a spark of usability, so they wear the damn things - doesn't mean they like them.

I wear what I want to wear. Sometimes, I go out looking like I'm ready for a good time and others like I just want to get it over with. It is hard to get anything stylish for the over 65 crowd. And will someone please tell clothing designers that "petite" is a size, not an age!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement