Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 12:13 PM

6,769 posts, read 5,488,755 times

Advertisements

As far as the young people not hiring older workers.

I'm reminded of a bumper sticker from the 1970s. It also was a sticker that came in flag, and sticker in cereal boxes.

It simply read:

"Don't trust anyone over 30".

Things that make you go hmmm...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2018, 09:57 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,420,583 times
I have a bit of experience with "Italian" food in the NE US. My impression - and that's all it is - is that it is tasty, but not very Italian. I know that people from the NE US are proud of their Italian food, but I am not yet convinced that it is really that authentic. Again, I am open to being proven wrong, but my current impression of it is that it is a mutated version of southern Italian/Sicilian food. Despite that impression, I would be delighted to be corrected if I could find places to experience that are counter to that.

One gap in my Italian experiences is that I never ate in someone's home. Always in restaurants associated with hotels or on the street. In various locations in small towns in southern Italy, northern Italy and in Rome and other big cities. Some fancy, some ordinary. Panini, pasta, seafood, veggies, stuff like that. But, different from in the US, where we use panini as if it referred to the singular, rather than panino. And they don't drink cappuccino except in the morning ... little details like that. I recall one of the admins in our Rome office saying about Er Faciolaro : "don't go there, its only for tourists" ... but when I went there, it only had Italian-speaking customers. Haven't found anything like it in the US.

Last edited by madrone2k; 06-05-2018 at 10:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement