Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 05:45 AM

7,899 posts, read 7,111,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xz2y View Post
.......The doctor tested it for gout and that wasn't the case. ........
Your symptoms sound very much like an attack of gout. Gout and OA often occur together. If the testing was just the usual blood test for uric acid, the results are very often inconclusive with a high possibility of a false negative result. That is especially likely for a sudden one time attack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2019, 09:32 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,143,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
So I'm curious and asking everyone...is low inflammation a good thing in and of itself or is it merely a good indicator? What I mean is, if you have low C-reactive protein and decent cholesterol and low normal BP, and good blood sugar is there something else I need to worry about? Something even more "basic" than low inflammation?
LOL, I'm sure they'll find something. But in the meantime, especially if you're wondering what it might be, I wouldn't worry about it. Just live, do your best (and what makes you feel the best) and enjoy life-especially those things they tell you are bad for you, in moderation.

Old 07-04-2019, 06:52 PM

236 posts, read 195,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
All my doctors promote wellness via diet and exercise.

How in the world do they compute "healthy" in France. I am super healthy... except for aggressive RA... I can't imagine how they pay based upon things the doctors cannot control.
Like all things their system has downsides but the focus includes alternative methods also. These methods are covered by insurance. Some info on french healthcare

It provides a free checkup.
Every 5 years, patients in France are provided a free checkup on the status of their health. This is a full-service exam that is provided at no charge. Patients receive a hearing exam, an eye exam, a dental exam, blood tests, and even x-rays.

It covers alternative treatments at the same rate.
Patients are permitted to pursue alternative treatments for their healthcare needs in France. That means homeopathy is fully covered. That includes treatments for unhealthy habits as well. If you want to stop smoking in France, then the healthcare system supports the effort. It also supports the need to seek out therapeutic help for mental health concerns you may have without needing to worry about insurance coverage.

It is focused on preventative care.
One of the easiest ways to reduce the costs of healthcare is to focus on proactive health habits. Encouraging patients to make healthy choices, followed by annual checkups and proactive visits, helps to make the French healthcare system one of the most effective in the world at what it does.

It provides doctors with a fair wage.
Doctors in France earn about 60% of what a doctor in the United States typically earns. The debt-to-income ratio for doctors in France, however, is about equal to U.S.-based doctors. French doctors pay no tuition fees when they go to medical school in France. In the United States, the average cost of a 4-year degree at a private university is nearly $300,000.

It allows anyone to qualify for the system.
To become eligible for services provided through the national healthcare insurance, patients need to provide proof of residency in France for 3 months. That means anyone can access the benefits of the French healthcare system if there is an issue they need to have addressed. If you’re outside of this 3-month window, you can still visit a medical provider to receive services.

Old 07-04-2019, 07:55 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
It doesn't seem much different than my health insurance, though my health insurance covers more annual exams.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-07-2019, 11:58 PM

236 posts, read 195,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
It doesn't seem much different than my health insurance, though my health insurance covers more annual exams.
I do see a number of differences for example, whats the name of the insurance carrier which covers Homeopathy here in the US. My understanding is Homeopathy is not covered by the national health insurance plan. Could be that since French doctors dont bear the financial burden of med school, they dont need to focus on their own debt like american doctors do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement