Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2019, 01:23 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,799,799 times

Advertisements

No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2019, 10:59 AM

5,913 posts, read 7,025,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesLucid View Post
The first shot of the duo, I just had a slightly sore arm at the injection site. My wife’s arm appeared more sore than mine. Lasted about a day and that was it. The second shot, similar arm pain shortly afterwards but both of us felt a little off the next day and both of us had significant back aches, same feeling as when you’re getting the flu. The day after, all was back to normal and has been fine since.
I had a similar reaction - just sore arm on the first, but more reactions to the second (+2 months apart). I got a case of shivers that took a bit to wear off on the evening of the 2nd shot and did feel "worn out" the next day.

Old 09-06-2019, 01:01 PM

3,206 posts, read 2,507,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUSMUSIC View Post
I was worried also. I had no reaction to the First Shingrix vaccine except for a slight soreness in my arm. I just had the second shot a week ago. My upper arm hurt a little more this time for a few days. Other than that, no other side effects.
Ditto for me. I was planning to hang out and laze about but instead did some yard work. I am very glad I got that over.

Old 09-06-2019, 02:07 PM

23,919 posts, read 33,752,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Do you (or anyone else) know where we can discuss vaccines? It seems to me they are a part of health and wellness. The last vaccine thread I started in P&OC got moved to Health and Wellness, then closed after 19 posts because it was deemed to be "informational only". However, that was not my intent when I started it (on P&OC).
I'd say contact a mod on P&OC before you make one there to tell them your intent. If you do get one started, post here to let us know cause I'd like to go too

Old 09-06-2019, 02:20 PM

26,666 posts, read 28,831,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Do you (or anyone else) know where we can discuss vaccines? It seems to me they are a part of health and wellness. The last vaccine thread I started in P&OC got moved to Health and Wellness, then closed after 19 posts because it was deemed to be "informational only". However, that was not my intent when I started it (on P&OC).
They have not been allowed on Health & Wellness since before I became a mod. I don't know why such a thread would get moved from P&OC because that's where they belong--these threads always cause a huge, long fight because they are so controversial. H&W can't handle the nastiness. P&OC has several mods and they are used to controversial topics where post after post after post has to be deleted due to insults, name calling, and general fighting.

You can try in P&OC again and if someone moves it into H&W I will move it back to where it belongs--P&OC.
The topic is extremely controversial, not simple and straight forward. There doesn't seem to be one simple answer.

Old 09-09-2019, 01:07 PM

6,143 posts, read 3,853,325 times
As I previously reported about 2 1/2 weeks ago, I had very little reaction to my first Shingrix shot back in August. Mostly just a bit of a sore shoulder for 2 or 3 days, but nothing bad at all.

My wife got her first Shingrix shot about 3 or 4 days ago and seems to be affected about the same as me... which is to say hardly at all. She did get a small red skin rash at the base of her throat on the second day, but it has pretty much gone away by now. Besides, there is no guarantee that the skin rash was even related to the shot. It might have been due to something else, but it was very minor regardless what caused it.

Old 09-18-2019, 08:01 AM

23,919 posts, read 33,752,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Went to my pharmacy today, they have the vaccine but the pharmacist who gives them is put for 2 days. I then went to my local Walmart to see if they had it in stock. They do but their computers were down, they weren't able to do anything. They couldn't even tell me how much it costs.

I guess my Angel's are trying to tell me not to get the vaccine. I don't know what I'm going to do. I do have to go back to that pharmacy because one of my scripts needs authorization. If the pharmacist that gives them is there I may get it; if he's not; I'm going to consider that 3 strikes and I'm out.
Pharmacy day today. Greg the owner was there, the vax was $8. He was expecting it to be $50-$100 due to my insurance but I'm out if the donut hole. So I did it.

My arm is sore. My upper gums and the roof of my mouth started tingling before I even got to my car. As I started driving, my tongue and throat started tingling. I really hope it goes away and doesn't turn into an allergic reaction.

He wants me back in 2 months. I'll get the 2nd in December as long as I'm ok from this one.

Old 09-18-2019, 10:34 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,292,384 times
Just for the record, I had little reaction to my shots, at least that I can recall. That's typical of me.

I used to have most of my dental work done without getting a numbing shot, simply because the shots I got never seemed to be enough to prevent pain anyway. Now days I do because the numbing works. Different dentist, so I don't know if my old one just didn't like to give me enough "stuff" in my shots to work or why it didn't numb enough. I had the same dentist, also a friend of mine, for 25 years or more -- until he was killed in a car accident.

Old 09-18-2019, 10:49 AM

1,893 posts, read 1,017,185 times
I received the second of the two-shot series last week and didn't have a localized reaction but did have malaise and aches/pains full body felt like the flu. Took motrin and was fine the next day.

No problems with the first shot.

I usually do well w/ the flu, other shots - have kept up with them for awhile (ex-military).....

Old 09-18-2019, 03:02 PM

899 posts, read 639,527 times
I posted in this topic when I received the first dose of Singrix and didn't have any reaction to it at all. The second dose was given to me a few days ago, and I had a moderate amount of pain for 2 days, especially in my upper left arm, where I was vaccinated.

But, I functioned at my usual level of activity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement