Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2020, 02:15 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,780,627 times

Advertisements

Would it be possible to slip them a bit of kitty tranquilizer (prescribed by your vet, of course) so you'd be able to put them in their carriers without being mauled?

I have the kindest, sweetest dog who loves going in the car. But the vet? Nope . . . major hysteria. Forget trimming her nails unless she's heavily sedated. So that's what I do at the vet's recommendation. An hour before her appointment she gets her med and then she's super mellow.

I had a horse who was so needle shy that when it came time for annual shots I had to tranquilizer her orally with a liquid tranquilizer. If she wasn't sedated and she saw a syringe, she went absolutely ballistic. The only safe way for humans and for her was sedation.

Just a thought. Hope you find a solution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2020, 05:48 AM

5,451 posts, read 4,053,058 times
In the 90's here yesterday (well that's hot for Vermont). I found a place on a small river where I could just lie down in 1' deep water and let it flow over me. Heavenly. Only 3 miles from home. No one else around.
Finally had to sleep in the guest room with the AC last night.

Old 07-28-2020, 11:16 PM

6,357 posts, read 7,768,830 times
Forecast is for triple digits on Thursday and Friday here in North Idaho. Uugh! I moved here to get away from temps over a hundred. I've learned that the pups don't like long walks when it is in the low 70's. What are they going to do when it hits a hundred? At least it cools off to the low 60's at nighttime. Next week, it is back into the 80's.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 07-29-2020, 06:41 AM

4,537 posts, read 3,756,921 times
I have sourdough English muffin dough in the refrigerator to bake on a griddle this morning. The flavor develops best from being in the refrigerator for 24 hours instead of making right away. I chose to do the longer time and when I opened the refrigerator to start dinner last evening, the dough had pushed the bowl lid off and was well on its way to taking over my world. A bigger bowl took care of it.

We are in the cone for a tropical storm heading our way that could develop into more by the weekend. Those plants in pots I’ve been thinking about planting in the ground just jumped to the top of my list. I did complain the other day that “I’m bored, bored bored”!

Old 07-29-2020, 10:47 AM

2,061 posts, read 1,958,834 times
We have been having low 60’s in the mornings and mid to high 70’s in the afternoons- depending on rain. We have had many more thunderstorms than usual.

Can’t say we are bored because we do have a lot of interesting things to do at home, but are really missing contact with friends and family. Find myself sighing. And somewhat sad.

Old 07-29-2020, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funisart View Post
We have been having low 60’s in the mornings and mid to high 70’s in the afternoons- depending on rain. We have had many more thunderstorms than usual.

Can’t say we are bored because we do have a lot of interesting things to do at home, but are really missing contact with friends and family. Find myself sighing. And somewhat sad.
I think bored is probably the wrong word. It’s more about being tired from the constant effort of keeping life interesting with current restrictions that is wearing on me. It’s easier to say bored and the grandkids aren’t here this week, which makes the time fly by.

The sourdough English muffins turned out nice and were worth the effort. I’ll drop a dozen off to the kids and put most of ours in the freezer. Tuna melts will be on the menu for lunch one day.

Old 07-29-2020, 12:48 PM

2,061 posts, read 1,958,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jean_ji View Post
I think bored is probably the wrong word. It’s more about being tired from the constant effort of keeping life interesting with current restrictions that is wearing on me. It’s easier to say bored and the grandkids aren’t here this week, which makes the time fly by.

The sourdough English muffins turned out nice and were worth the effort. I’ll drop a dozen off to the kids and put most of ours in the freezer. Tuna melts will be on the menu for lunch one day.
Looks like you might need to slow down-sounds like you are putting in too much effort. - rest. We aren’t young anymore.

Old 07-29-2020, 02:00 PM

696 posts, read 703,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jean_ji View Post

Those look delicious. You’re making me hungry!

Old 07-29-2020, 02:17 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,063,850 times
Jean: Yum.. Is that homemade jam on the table? And is that a really cool pirate ship there too??

Old 07-29-2020, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funisart View Post
Looks like you might need to slow down-sounds like you are putting in too much effort. - rest. We aren’t young anymore.
I have a good mix of rest and work, no problem there. I’m tired from the tedium of a routine with no chance of real change in the near future. I’m not asking for a solution, just venting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement