Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2020, 01:44 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,100,539 times

Advertisements

I know this is not the TV forum, so this is just for specific shows that those of us of that certain age would enjoy, whether retired or not.

Because I had so much time, I started watching The Kominsky Method. I don't know why I held off watching this until now. Anyone in their 60's or above would enjoy watching this show. Right now there are two seasons available on Netflix. Eight shows each and they are way too short, but the humor is great. I got more exercise laughing than I usually get in a day.

So, I wanted to post this here for other people like myself who enjoy humor that the older generation can get a real kick out of.

I would welcome any other suggestions that us boomers can enjoy.

Please don't move this to another forum. This is for the older generation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2020, 01:49 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,299,822 times
Grace and Frankie on Netflix - Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin

My husband watches the stations that play old sitcoms - TVLand, MeTV and Cozi TV and I'm not sure what else. He watches Hogan's Heroes, All In the Family and other old shows.

Last edited by luzianne; 03-25-2020 at 02:04 PM..

Old 03-25-2020, 01:52 PM

7,493 posts, read 6,282,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
I know this is not the TV forum, so this is just for specific shows that those of us of that certain age would enjoy, whether retired or not.

Because I had so much time, I started watching The Kominsky Method. I don't know why I held off watching this until now. Anyone in their 60's or above would enjoy watching this show. Right now there are two seasons available on Netflix. Eight shows each and they are way too short, but the humor is great. I got more exercise laughing than I usually get in a day.

So, I wanted to post this here for other people like myself who enjoy humor that the older generation can get a real kick out of.

I would welcome any other suggestions that us boomers can enjoy.

Please don't move this to another forum. This is for the older generation.
I watch two episodes of Jeopardy every night, Mon.-Sat. On Sun. I watch cooking shows. Video recorders are wonderful.

Old 03-25-2020, 02:10 PM

23,406 posts, read 19,031,037 times
TBH, this is sort of like all that media fodder about "best places for seniors." "Best places to retire". Fairly useless with a million exceptions and caveats. Channel surf for yourself. Explore. You have thousands of options now and you can't always predict what will strike you in a particular moment. If you don't like what you see, nothing prevents you from choosing something else. FWIW, if someone recommends entertainment to me because I'm "over 60" (and I am), chances are I'll find little to nothing to like about it.

Old 03-25-2020, 02:19 PM

4,385 posts, read 4,410,601 times
We have been watching a lot on Amazon Prime. They have some really good series.

Specifically we have enjoyed The Marvelous Mrs Maisel, Bosch, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Jamestown.

There were others but I can't recall off the top of my head.

We were going to watch Blow the Man Down but 10 minutes into it DW said "I can't watch that!". I think I'll watch it when she goes for her daily walk one morning.

Old 03-25-2020, 02:26 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,570,671 times
Ton of good stuff on steaming tv/movies.. Netflix’and Amazon prime is what we use
poke around, explore. I can’t tell you what to like, but we find Corner Gas, Parks and Recreation, and Father Brown great.

Old 03-25-2020, 02:40 PM

4,886 posts, read 4,828,714 times
I signed up for the free first month of Netflix and just finished the last 3 seasons of Longmire. I may watch the Kominsky Method next, although Amazon says that the new season of Bosch is coming soon.

Old 03-25-2020, 02:47 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,595,679 times
Movies That Celebrate the Senior Years
https://www.city-data.com/forum/reti...ior-years.html

Old 03-25-2020, 03:38 PM

4 posts, read 1,751 times
Amazon Prime: Mentalist, Corner Gas (was better before they injected ads) Netflix: IT Crowd
Also enjoyed the travel series Departures that use to be on Netflix (but now it's behind the Amazon Prime paywall).

Old 03-25-2020, 04:03 PM

810 posts, read 1,184,620 times
The Kominsky Method and Grace and Frankie we’ve been enjoying on a Netflix
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement