Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2021, 11:09 AM

50,858 posts, read 36,551,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
The margins are HUGE. It is a giant ripoff for the hearing-impaired, sadly.
I think glasses are the same, way marked up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2021, 12:08 PM

11,083 posts, read 6,658,390 times
I think I only have Accu-Radio and Google translate. There seems to be an awful lot of icons on my phone though. I never paid for any.

I wouldn't mind an app that I could point my camera at a tree or plant and it will tell me what kind it is.

Old 12-14-2021, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
I think I only have Accu-Radio and Google translate. There seems to be an awful lot of icons on my phone though. I never paid for any.

I wouldn't mind an app that I could point my camera at a tree or plant and it will tell me what kind it is.
I bet they have something like that, I would like that too!

Old 12-14-2021, 12:51 PM

48,542 posts, read 34,904,021 times
Both Google Lens and PlantNet do a decent job at identifying plants. I found out one of our trees berries were edible, and wild plant growing in my bed was a non toxic nightshade, but I pulled it anyway.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-14-2021, 06:34 PM

88,630 posts, read 84,895,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post

Wouldn't be surprised if one exists. I might go looking.

I have SongSleuth, which listens to bird calls and identifies the bird. It's fun.

Old 12-14-2021, 07:47 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,442,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I have SongSleuth, which listens to bird calls and identifies the bird. It's fun.
+1, thanks for that.

Old 12-14-2021, 07:58 PM

12,062 posts, read 10,285,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
I think one thing that you guys need to explain about apps is that they don't appear to be a one time purchase but that you have to rent them.......right?
I don't think I have ever paid for an app

Old 12-14-2021, 08:55 PM

5,330 posts, read 6,027,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I do too! That’s why I need the “Liberate” app to block time-wasting websites I use to “escape” when I feel overwhelmed. I have addictive tendencies and not good at moderating without assistance. Have you found any of the apps particularly useful for ADHD? I live and die by the “Reminders” app, but it’s very buggy. I downloaded a couple others but wasn’t crazy about them, and I need it to work with Siri so I can ask it to remind me of things when I’m driving (if I wait I’ll forget what I wanted to set the reminder for, lol).
Geez, I still frequently lose my posts. Such as this one. Anyway, I don't use the Reminders app because I can't remember to check it. Instead, everything goes into my calendar, including reminders. Of course, that also requires me to set alerts or that wouldn't work either. It's worked out fairly well.

So fellow ADDer, do you also have a desktop or laptop computer? If so, how many apps do you have on its home page? ha ha

Old 12-15-2021, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Both Google Lens and PlantNet do a decent job at identifying plants. I found out one of our trees berries were edible, and wild plant growing in my bed was a non toxic nightshade, but I pulled it anyway.
Going to try Plantnet. During trick or treat with great-nieces and nephews, I saw a flowering bush I just loved, and the homeowner couldn't remember what it was called.

Old 12-15-2021, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenora View Post
Geez, I still frequently lose my posts. Such as this one. Anyway, I don't use the Reminders app because I can't remember to check it. Instead, everything goes into my calendar, including reminders. Of course, that also requires me to set alerts or that wouldn't work either. It's worked out fairly well.

So fellow ADDer, do you also have a desktop or laptop computer? If so, how many apps do you have on its home page? ha ha
Laptop, but not a lot of apps on it. Lots of folders though! I check my reminders obsessively, all day. I have reminders for leaving for work in the morning (1. Turn down thermostat 2. check cat's food and water 3. unplug chargers (cause cat plays with the wires). Similar lists throughout day.

Trying to get fiance who is way worse ADD than I, to use apps to remember things but he is like you, he forgets to check his reminders, doesn't mark them as complete so they pile up, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement