Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2022, 10:27 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,969,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
If you must know, we had separate rooms. Which I paid for.
Since you paid the hotel, then it's only fair that he pays to have his beloved 21 year old car shipped to his home.

Old 01-09-2022, 10:32 AM

11,143 posts, read 9,784,266 times
Fluffy, Well you didn't get your RV right? So to get your RV, you will still need to get to the bay area, so why not pay someone to drive you to Kingman, and then finish your original drive?

Or as someone else said, have him pay to have his own dang car driven to him. But then you'd have to fly to bay area, and drive the RV back, or pay someone to drive it, or have it hauled. Southwest flights are cheap, but you'd have to drag me onto a plane with covid omicron going around..

Old 01-09-2022, 10:35 AM

3,071 posts, read 2,410,711 times
Sorry if this has been suggested somewhere in the previous 24 pages...but what about selling the car and sending the money back to the ex?

Old 01-09-2022, 10:46 AM

15,253 posts, read 12,987,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
Fluffy, Well you didn't get your RV right? So to get your RV, you will still need to get to the bay area, so why not pay someone to drive you to Kingman, and then finish your original drive?

I'm picking up the RV tomorrow (Monday morning). We arrived in Silicon Valley late last night. I don't think of it as home. I already consider this house as solely his, given the impending divorce.

Quote:
Or as someone else said, have him pay to have his own dang car driven to him. But then you'd have to fly to bay area, and drive the RV back, or pay someone to drive it, or have it hauled. Southwest flights are cheap, but you'd have to drag me onto a plane with covid omicron going around..

I understand about the plane. People don't keep their masks on. And odds are their masks are useless in containing omicron anyway.

Old 01-09-2022, 10:49 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,981,654 times
Quote:
If you must know, we had separate rooms. Which I paid for.
Another potential life-changing opportunity missed...

Old 01-09-2022, 10:53 AM

2,219 posts, read 3,370,957 times
Glad you made it back here Fluffy. Quite an experience!

Old 01-09-2022, 11:08 AM

15,253 posts, read 12,987,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twins4lynn View Post
Glad you made it back here Fluffy. Quite an experience!
I hope it's over.

My spouse was possibly exposed to omicron because he forgot to mask going into the office at the auto repair place at Kingman with a bunch of unmasked people there. We're talking about Arizona -- NOBODY wears masks except us. I very much hope he did not get infected, but that's why I got the separate rooms and had the both of us wearing our N95s all the way back to Silicon Valley.

We are sleeping in separate rooms in the SV house with the doors closed. Did not turn on the heat last night but used space heaters instead. I have a couple of Covid at-home testing kits and am unsure which day we should use them. Today would be Day Two.

Old 01-09-2022, 11:36 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,718,874 times
Quote:
Dang, why didn't I think of that?! I have a job opening for a concierge...you wanna apply?

Next steps: I believe the spouse expects me to take him back to Kingman when the car is repaired. I'm torn between doing that and hiring a car transporter to bring it back to Silicon Valley. It would be expensive but would save him the trip.

I don't know much about car transporters but I see them on I-5 and I-40 all the time loaded with new Teslas. So surely they would deadheading back to the factory once they delivered the cars. Why not make some money by taking a decrepit German diesel car back to its owner? The Tesla factory is in Fremont, not at all far from here.
Instead of dithering without the hard facts on a forum of others guessing the facts, why don’t you contact these car transporters directly and write down all the numbers and relevant info? Yes, it costs money. Don’t be pennywise and poundfoolish, especially since your many threads indicate a high level of wealth.

Old 01-09-2022, 11:41 AM

14,964 posts, read 12,178,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Sorry this is happening, Fluffy. Maybe by now (this morning) you have a solution?

I did away with AAA Premium for a year, but recently bought it back. Felt insecure without it.

Whatever you do, I hope you get to that medical appointment. I'm with the person who suggested your STBX should send for it. You tried. It's not your problem anymore. We all know you weren't the cause of the breakdown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
That. I would have to toss the covid worry into the truck bed.
Or ride in the truck bed yourself if you are that worried about covid. Though I don't see that as a viable option either.

Just reading through these threads, and hoping Fluffy's now reached her destination, and is warm and safe, not stranded now.

Old 01-09-2022, 12:15 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,503,023 times
AAA members can get a free
40 point inspection in any AAA approved independent repair facilty,offer ends MARCH 31,2033
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.