Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2022, 01:55 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,627,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Straight out of the Crabby Old Man lexicon!
If I wasn't a 60 year old woman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2022, 02:32 PM

15,055 posts, read 12,258,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
Why is that a wasted pension?? You probably still get the pension when in prison. I am sure that with all that pension money not being needed in prison it is probably going to a charity or another person that is more deserving than the original receipiant.

In fact, the ONLY CRIME that would terminate a Federal pension is TREASON.

Yep, all those Congress folks serving time in prison are collecting the Congressional pensions.

That said....if your squeamish about toilets, don't travel in Russia. Best advice I got was bring a foldable, hard cardboard toilet seat with you!!!

I am a grouchy old man. Had enough of stupid people all my life. For a long time, I just kept quiet, but really I speak out now as a generational gift to stupid people.

I did decide that there is more than being a grouchy old man. These days I go out of my way to compliment people and tell their managers when I receive great service.

More people need to do that. We need to overcome the stupid people in our society.

Oh, and we probably should stop electing them to political office!!!....but that is another story.
Note to self: stay out of Russia ( not that I had any plans to travel there, but....).

You're absolutely right about complimenting people that do a good job, go the extra mile, or who even extend little courtesies to others like holding doors open, letting others pass in a crowded aisle, so many little things. It takes such little effort and time to acknowledge someone else for their efforts and it means so much to them. We know people hear all about it when a customer, client, patient, coworker, etc isn't happy about a real or imagined wrong, people aren't shy about complaining bitterly, bashing, or even doxxing others they believe have wronged them, but they will be mum about someone doing a good job.

Old 01-12-2022, 03:04 PM

23,651 posts, read 14,126,516 times
In all fairness, the young man may have expected an automatic flusher. Some units aren't that but it is easy to get into that habit.

As far as being old and crabby, it does not suit me. It pleases me to be Godlike....especially with my weird dopamine wiring.

Of course, if I want to be abusive, I can always take this approach, "Doctor, there's no reason to run down the little people. G Section may not be as important to the operation as you are, but we do have our orders.".

Old 01-12-2022, 08:07 PM

7,499 posts, read 6,301,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
You know, we just got a travel trailer and will be doing more road trips soon. I think I will assemble a public restroom bag that I will take into rest stops and fast food bathrooms on our road trips. I carry a small refillable bottle of sanitizer in my car, but I think your idea of carrying clorox wipes, etc is a good idea when stopping for a potty break.
I towed a trailer all over the USA and Alaska and I always used the bathroom in the trailer.

Old 01-12-2022, 08:39 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,822,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
In all fairness, the young man may have expected an automatic flusher. Some units aren't that but it is easy to get into that habit. ]
Now I'll admit, that's a possibility. But I tend to look at the apparatus before my pirouette in the stall. As an example of variance is typical with WinCo.

The handicapped stall is the only automatic flushing one in the mens bathroom, this Including the urinals. However, the other two stalls area manual.

So I've learned to check the equipment before taking care of business. However, not everyone is as aware as others who just "Assume" it's automatic.

Old 01-12-2022, 09:13 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,454,401 times
Back to the OP...age has nothing to do with it, that's just nasty.

Try going into a women's public restroom & finding used feminine hygiene products on various services...WHY???

Old 01-13-2022, 09:45 AM

15,055 posts, read 12,258,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
Now I'll admit, that's a possibility. But I tend to look at the apparatus before my pirouette in the stall. As an example of variance is typical with WinCo.

The handicapped stall is the only automatic flushing one in the mens bathroom, this Including the urinals. However, the other two stalls area manual.

So I've learned to check the equipment before taking care of business. However, not everyone is as aware as others who just "Assume" it's automatic.
Well, I guess I have lived long enough to not assume anything is automatic.

Old 01-13-2022, 10:09 PM

6,792 posts, read 5,523,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
I towed a trailer all over the USA and Alaska and I always used the bathroom in the trailer.
Even while it was in motion?

Splish splash, I was taking a pee, along about I10..

Best
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement