Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2022, 04:36 PM

3,158 posts, read 2,741,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
LOLOL I was referring to the old guy!
The old guy definitely had a 'prescence' about him. A crusty old guy who probably lived quite a life. Maybe he made the women swoon with the 'dare-devil' vibe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2022, 04:52 PM

6,783 posts, read 5,507,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
okay, I'm out of step with norms in Retirement forum - no need to tell me so - I give up

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why anyone responded to this thread with 'answers' and 'opinions'...

it's a disgusting thread and topic, completely without class - and I can't imagine why most everyone did not just ignore it.....

there are 74 posts so far - just proves that some people will respond to ANY thread no matter how lacking in dignity.....
I think you're focusing on the toilet aspect.

The topic of the thread is that old grumpy man.

Sure some of us have shared our experiences regarding the toilet aspect, but that's a side bar.

And apparently you've never had to use a disgusting public bathroom. No matter WHERE the PT (Public Toilet) is located, you find people who have made the experience very disgusting.

Again, do they do this at home?

And, lastly, YOU took time to read and post here yourself.
So...what does that say about you?
Once you found out the subject matter, you could have left or refrained from comment yourself.

Best

Old 01-10-2022, 04:56 PM

11,089 posts, read 6,945,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Quite plausible.

Slightly off topic but...is pooping in crowded public restrooms really a common thing?

I can't say I ever remember doing that. I wait until I can guarantee some privacy.
I've always admired and envied people who can do that. I had a friend who could do that. Never understood how she could manage. When I gotta go, I gotta go. Thankfully "in public" doesn't happen very often!

Old 01-10-2022, 05:50 PM

6,783 posts, read 5,507,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
I've always admired and envied people who can do that. I had a friend who could do that. Never understood how she could manage. When I gotta go, I gotta go. Thankfully "in public" doesn't happen very often!
I actually only go (sit down trip) in a public restroom IF I HAVE to.

Standing at a urinal is much cleaner.

But, as you said if I gotta go, I gotta go.

Best

Old 01-10-2022, 06:21 PM

1,731 posts, read 1,072,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Hard to tell, the OP's story didn't specify whether #1 or #2 was involved.
If it's yellow be mellow. If it's brown flush it down. Drought talk.

Old 01-10-2022, 06:51 PM

23,617 posts, read 70,547,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldKona View Post
If it's yellow be mellow. If it's brown flush it down. Drought talk.
What if it is a yellow submarine? (Beatles talk.)

"We're being attacked captain! Full moon sighted! Take her down! Take her down! DIVE DIVE DIVE!"

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon on top of them
Volleyed and thundered;

Stormed at with shot and shell,
Boldly they dove and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into that mouth of hell
Dove the six hundred.

Old 01-10-2022, 06:57 PM

3,105 posts, read 2,238,073 times
Harry - Please illuminate how the Charge of the Light Brigade fits into this sordid thread? Genuine question - as that's a beautiful poem (much as I hate the glorification of fighting)...

Old 01-10-2022, 07:25 PM

23,617 posts, read 70,547,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavm View Post
Harry - Please illuminate how the Charge of the Light Brigade fits into this sordid thread? Genuine question - as that's a beautiful poem (much as I hate the glorification of fighting)...
Cytantly! (in my best Marx Brothers voice)

Cannon to the left and right refer to the various volleys fired by those who would either defend or castigate the old man. I'll leave it to your imagination briefly what the cannon fire on top represents, and what the metaphorical diving into the valley of death is.

I think we may all be in agreement that threads sometimes go down the toilet, taking all those who have participated in it with it.

Kipling was appalled at the carnage caused to brave soldiers by something flowing downhill. Metaphorically, in this case, that is the programming we all had as kids by our parents. Some were told never to discuss body functions, some were never potty trained, some never were taught to respect others, some were taught to demand respect from others. That is all stuff coming from on high that will sink us if we are not aware.

Old 01-10-2022, 07:44 PM

12,064 posts, read 10,301,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Scoops View Post
I thought of doing that but am glad I did not. I think it would have been too much "handling." The guy
was annoyed that they were "touched" in the first place.
I would not have either

I used to take my big blankets and pet stuff to a laundromat.

I was shocked that folks would just throw their stuff in the machines and take off. There was an attendant there, so they kind of controlled things, but they would give them time to come back

To me - doing laundry like this is a great time to read a book.

Old 01-10-2022, 08:18 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,227,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Not always. My goodness. I just posted about 2 situations where not flushing could be understandable. A toilet malfunction or an ingrained water conservation habit.

Again, why is everyone assuming there was poop in the toilet? That was never stated.
Stall in men’s bathroom.

I disagree that the calling out was inappropriate. Not flushing is passive aggressive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement