Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 05:30 PM

1,322 posts, read 4,239,212 times
personally, i like rhode island. i think ive recently added RI to the short list of states that i would live in. i read alot of garbage on this forum about people wanting to leave RI soley due to the corruption of the state gov't......seriously?! and you think that does exist elsewhere? state gov't, federal gov't. even obama. yes obama, is no saint. so go ahead and leave rhode island for north dakota, or oklahoma, or h'where ever else you think has a straight laced gov't. enjoy yourself.

Old 07-12-2011, 05:58 PM

605 posts, read 1,093,330 times
Undercover video exposes Bachmann’s anti-gay therapy
Yea...the "Rawstory" and the "Huffington Post", that's balance.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:29 PM

688 posts, read 2,135,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro-Dialin View Post
RI has been ranked 50th in doing business, and the state most likely to file for bankruptcy.
Before you leave, can you take a minute and explain to me real quickly how a State can file for bankruptcy? Inquiring minds would love to know.

But since you probably are too busy packing let me just tell you that a State cannot file for bankruptcy under Chapter 9 or anything else. It might be possible for a State to go into receivership but that's an entirely different situation. So whatever poll or statistic you're citing which claims that Rhode Island is most likely to file for bankruptcy is just once again based on hyperbole and cow manure. And since I'm on the topic of cow manure, I wish you the best of luck in Texas.

Old 07-13-2011, 06:24 AM

605 posts, read 1,093,330 times
state Education Rankings: The Best And Worst For Math And Science
actually according to the Huffpost, Texas is ranked 31st and Rhode Island is 35th.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:00 AM

2,040 posts, read 3,999,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosco917 View Post
Undercover video exposes Bachmann’s anti-gay therapy
Yea...the "Rawstory" and the "Huffington Post", that's balance.
It is perfectly fine as long as it's true. And it is. So what's your point?

Old 07-13-2011, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosco917 View Post
state Education Rankings: The Best And Worst For Math And Science
actually according to the Huffpost, Texas is ranked 31st and Rhode Island is 35th.
So now HuffPost is fair and balanced right? haha

Jackass.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:06 AM

583 posts, read 1,325,083 times
I have a feeling this person is just going to TX to visit. Who moves to TX in the middle of the summer.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:26 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,133,210 times
I may be moving to Texas myself - The upside to the education situation is my formal education career was completed some time ago and I suspect Ro-Dialin's is as well - I have no children to worry about and perhaps Ro-Dialin doesnt either - Connecticut is almost as corrupt as Rhode Island or didnt you notice - We also have become a haven for illegals - The mayor of New Haven decided the illegals should have ID cards so they can use the library and open bank accounts - Our govenor just decided they should also get the reduced rate of tuition in our state university system as the legal residents do - Dont know about you but Texas is looking mighty fine to me y'all -

Old 07-13-2011, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ1252 View Post
I may be moving to Texas myself - The upside to the education situation is my formal education career was completed some time ago and I suspect Ro-Dialin's is as well - I have no children to worry about and perhaps Ro-Dialin doesnt either - Connecticut is almost as corrupt as Rhode Island or didnt you notice - We also have become a haven for illegals - The mayor of New Haven decided the illegals should have ID cards so they can use the library and open bank accounts - Our govenor just decided they should also get the reduced rate of tuition in our state university system as the legal residents do - Dont know about you but Texas is looking mighty fine to me y'all -
DUDE - Seriously?? You are complaining about illegal immigration in New England, and you are moving to Texas???

That is the funniest thing I've read in a while on here. (And you've got some stiff competition!)

Old 07-13-2011, 08:16 AM

583 posts, read 1,325,083 times
I understand illegal immigration is at it's lowest point in decades, due to a number of factors there. Something I learned yesterday: the Federal gov't, HUD specifically, gave housing vouchers worth 145 million dollars to RI last year, so that poor people can pay for housing, something that is done every year by the way. I can only imagine how much money they provide to the state of Texas. A billion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island