Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 10:59 AM

2,040 posts, read 3,998,298 times

Advertisements

You're always "fairly certain" of all sorts of things and never provide one iota of evidence. Everyone has different standards when it comes to assessing reality I guess...

Old 08-05-2013, 11:07 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnrboy View Post
You're always "fairly certain" of all sorts of things and never provide one iota of evidence. Everyone has different standards when it comes to assessing reality I guess...
Try looking in the mirror

Took me all of 10 seconds to find an example of a negative RI post which also listed positives...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritarff View Post
Things I love about this state: The ocean, the beaches, Beavertail, Breton Point park, Colt State park, pretty scenery, lots of cultural attractions. RI is a terrific place to live…if you have money.

I am getting very sick of this state, though. I'm tired of how expensive it is to live here. The cost of living is killer. I'm very weary of the winters here. I'm tired of the inept and corrupt politicians. I'm tired of the bad roads and crumbling infrastructure. I'm getting sick of the congestion and traffic. The economy and poor employment prospects of the state is getting me down. Several of my friends have lost jobs due to the economy in recent years. I'm tired of all the alcoholism that I encounter (maybe it's me, but I know more than my share of alcoholics - BTW, I don't drink). I'm tired of the culture of Depression and apathy that seems to engulf so many people in RI. Someday, I will retire elsewhere. But for now, I will not pull my elementary school child from her life and friends.

There are so many fun things to do in RI -- too bad it's becoming prohibitively expensive to do many of them….

Last edited by voiceofreazon; 08-05-2013 at 11:16 AM..
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island