Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 06:34 PM

10,024 posts, read 15,671,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
Oh. How compassionate. Sorry I missed your condolences for the thousands of pedestrians butchered by car drivers, STOP KILLING INNOCENT HUMANS! Or do you, you know, ignore this inconvenient FACT because you were delayed getting your French Vanilla tips at the local salon by five minutes? God Damned America!
Huh? Why involve an innocent party in your protest? Protests should be at Police Headquarters, the State House. Not on the highways.

BTW, I've never gotten a manicure in my life, waste of money.

Old 12-08-2014, 07:45 PM

4,405 posts, read 3,197,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Amazing; how did you happen to actually BE in Ferguson MO, New York City, and Providence on all these dates.

Amazing; how did you get a certified copy of the MO and the NY Grand Jury Decisions from the courts?

Here is some comprehension for you: watch the video above !
Whatever are you talking about? I never said I was in Ferguson, NYC and Providence on the same date.

Old 12-09-2014, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post

Sorry to hear about your incident in Boston. But let me ask you this: Out of all times an officer attempts to speak to a passerby in a situation like that (assuming you were young/healthy looking, college area, night time) and the person does not respond, what percentage of those interactions do you think the person is ACTUALLY deaf vs. just ignoring the officer? It sounded like a sting was going on and he suspected a false ID (perhaps you looked very young?).

Sometimes everyday citizens forget how dangerous the world has gotten
He was in an unmarked car, driving down the street, and furious that I didn't walk over to a strangers car.

He should have praised me for it. The world isn't only dangerous for cops. Unfortunately, the few times in my life I've been afraid that someone had the means and possibly the desire to hurt me, it's been a cop doing the threatening.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:27 AM

8,031 posts, read 4,700,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Huh? Why involve an innocent party in your protest? Protests should be at Police Headquarters, the State House. Not on the highways.

BTW, I've never gotten a manicure in my life, waste of money.
Depending on magnitude of what is being protested, finding the "innocent parties" to exclude from the effective discomforts, may be almost impossible. In this case are only police and politicians at fault? My guess is most protesters would say no. In fact, if the protest were against endemic racism and its horrible, deadly consequences, who would be excluded?

Old 12-09-2014, 08:04 AM

9,294 posts, read 14,908,083 times
I think these protests are getting tons of publicity. Many police depts have already pledged to retrain officers.
Don't see any need to encumber or endanger the lives of others by stopping the flow of traffic.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:50 AM

2,903 posts, read 3,458,099 times
The pro-pollution/anti-health car lobby is strong on this forum...

Sorry if inconvenienced -- democracy is such a hassle, isn't it? Especially when it messes with one's commuting.

Old 12-09-2014, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
The pro-pollution/anti-health car lobby is strong on this forum...

Sorry if inconvenienced -- democracy is such a hassle, isn't it? Especially when it messes with one's commuting.
Most of the commerce in this country is by truck. And commuting is essential to many- especially to those who aren't professionals and who don't get paid when they miss or are late for work. Until we experience a major break through in our fossil fuel usage your food prices and your heat, etc are dependent on roads, so stop and think before you go all nuts about wheels.

Old 12-09-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
For the same reason football players wear pink ribbons even though they can't get breast cancer. Awareness. A protest that can be easily ignored isn't going to accomplish anything.

Though I agree, crossing onto the highways is too dangerous.

Old 12-09-2014, 11:46 AM

2,903 posts, read 3,458,099 times
^ I was, you know, sort of hoping for a couple or three self immolations. Nothing gets the media more attentive than a good human BBQ.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:48 PM

Now you've gone over the edge Alfie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island