Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2020, 08:47 PM

17,789 posts, read 9,233,277 times

Advertisements

No masks or social distancing.

Party in Bristol could lead to hundreds of students, staff quarantines

Quote:
A party in Bristol may force around 1,000 students and staff members across several school districts into quarantine, Gov. Gina Raimondo reported Friday.

Twelve positive cases have been traced to the party so far.

"Because of that one party, at least four different school districts will be impacted. Hundreds, possibly 1,000 people quarantined," Raimondo said.

Bristol-Warren will remain open for now. Middletown will go to distance learning until November 17.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2020, 04:29 AM

8,030 posts, read 4,709,176 times
The governor's articulation of the current Covid problem was spot on. But, her solution yesterday was so weak, it could only be a preamble for the restrictions she may impose in 2 weeks - or less. My guess is she understands the right wing backlash to come (demonstrations/court action) & did not want to over fuel it, by suddenly announcing the necessary restrictions.

However, if what she announced yesterday works by reducing infections enough, she's brilliant & may actually be headed to DC. I'm doubtful.

Old 10-31-2020, 07:40 AM

4,231 posts, read 1,681,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
The governor's articulation of the current Covid problem was spot on. But, her solution yesterday was so weak, it could only be a preamble for the restrictions she may impose in 2 weeks - or less. My guess is she understands the right wing backlash to come (demonstrations/court action) & did not want to over fuel it, by suddenly announcing the necessary restrictions.

However, if what she announced yesterday works by reducing infections enough, she's brilliant & may actually be headed to DC. I'm doubtful.
Of course, the "Right Wing" made her do it. Brilliant? Is it anything that you personally couldn't have thought of? Or I? Hard to believe what passes for genius among the Left Wing.

Old 10-31-2020, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBoston View Post
Of course, the "Right Wing" made her do it. Brilliant? Is it anything that you personally couldn't have thought of? Or I? Hard to believe what passes for genius among the Left Wing.
That I may also be "brilliant' isn't the topic at hand. Don't try to confuse the issue.

Old 10-31-2020, 07:50 AM

Quote:
That I may also be "brilliant' isn't the topic at hand. Don't try to confuse the issue.
You honestly believe that her plan is "brilliant"? Precisely how low is the "Liberal" bar in Rhode Island? What's next, hedge funds instead of low cost index portfolios? Oh, the pangs of unrequited love.

Old 10-31-2020, 08:19 AM

Quote:
You honestly believe that her plan is "brilliant"? Precisely how low is the "Liberal" bar in Rhode Island? What's next, hedge funds instead of low cost index portfolios? Oh, the pangs of unrequited love.
Yes, brilliant in a political sense. Not so much in a health sense. The 2 week warning should reduce amount of inevitable protests down to just the very wackiest Rhode Island can muster. We'll see.

Old 10-31-2020, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Yes, brilliant in a political sense. Not so much in a health sense. The 2 week warning should reduce amount of inevitable protests down to just the very wackiest Rhode Island can muster. We'll see.
So "brilliant" in advancing her political career, but admittedly "not brilliant" in protecting the health and safety concerns of her constituency? Thank you for defining the essence of "Gina". And this is the "star" that you deem fit for Washington?

Old 10-31-2020, 08:47 AM

Quote:
So "brilliant" in advancing her political career, but admittedly "not brilliant" in protecting the health and safety concerns of her constituency? Thank you for defining the essence of "Gina". And this is the "star" that you deem fit for Washington?
I don't deem the governor fit or unfit. However, she may at least have figured out how to keep the pitchfork crowd from storming the state house in this age of Covid.

I'll repeat: the Rhode Island political class is mediocre. In the land of the blind, the one eyed person, is queen.

Old 10-31-2020, 08:59 AM

Quote:
I don't deem the governor fit or unfit. However, she may at least have figured out how to keep the pitchfork crowd from storming the state house in this age of Covid.

I'll repeat: the Rhode Island political class is mediocre. In the land of the blind, the one eyed person, is queen.
The fact that you're either unwilling or unable to evaluate her performance independent of political expediency simply reinforces my point. Love is blind. And if she's befuddled by politics in the incestuous and backward teapot of Rhode Island, let's kick her upstairs? And if according to you this is your stand-out, it explains much.

Old 11-01-2020, 07:28 AM

17,789 posts, read 9,233,277 times
Coronavirus Patient Calls Out Treatment, Facilities at Rhode Island Hospital

“I felt like I landed in a third-world country,” said Bucci, of then being placed in a large room with windows to a hallway, that were not covered. "I don't know what this room had been used for previously, but it was deplorable."

"I tried calling the Governor's office, and I got a staffer who said she couldn't talk with me," said Bucci. "She was too busy. I wanted her to know what I'm going through. I voted for her."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island